MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak from my heart when I say this. This thread has been my my coping mechanism. My husband has the same type of brain cancer as the late Sen Ted Kennedy and currently John McCain.

This thread has been my coping mechanism. I chuckle when I think on the 8th of choosing whether I need to take my husband (on our 34th wedding anniversary) to ER or serve the dinner I made to celebrate our anniversary or finish watching the CNN Special on Jessica.

OK,I finished watching the CNN Special put dinner in frigerator and took my husband to ER. We finished up at the hospital around 2am the 9th.

Again I am chuckling at myself! Early next morning the 9th I post my synopsis (posts #12 & #32 of the 2nd thread.)I was frustrated at CNN because of their editing I had so many questions. I was hoping that another poster had watched the CNN Special and could clarify.

Then darn when I watched it on CNN again Tuesday they had edited out every single talking point I needed clarification on.

I am going to have Home Health from the hospital help me out hopefully this week. As you can see both my husband and I have kept our sense of humor. I am always teasing him about how much fun we're having.

I know now there are many reading this that are dealing with issues. You are in my prayers too.

Thanks for being here my virtual support group. No one else in the 'real world' gets why I use my Websleuths community to cope. I know everyone reading this gets the same questioning look from friends and family. :wink:

MizStery,

Your posts and DeDee's have become a mainstay for me, along with several other folks, always encouraging us all to pursue justice and dig a little deeper. Despite your caring preoccupation with your husband's serious condition, I am glad this WS site could be a welcome diversion and even a source of light-hearted banter between you two.

There are many good hearts and sharp minds that have shined forth from these discussions. I wish the outcome this past Sunday could have reflected the efforts put forth in what is now the 15th and possibly final Jessica Chambers thread, each filled with nearly a 1000 posts -- posts from all walks of life, many different perspectives and life experiences, some from other sides of the world -- a full range of the human condition putting their collective heads together to try and do some good. I joined WS in January 2015, right after Jessica's murder. It was my first case here, and it will definitely be my last. I am simply not cut out for it. It became overwhelming for a plodding, methodical, linear thinker to keep up with once the trial stage was reached. I admire those who can do this sort of thing over and over, both professionally and here on WS. I cannot.

My choice of Clouseau as an alter ego here was not intended to be an insult, or show a lack of respect for the seriousness of this crime, or for those trying to solve and prosecute it. It merely reflected my own self awareness, that like Peter Seller's affable character, I too might be taking my own opinions and capabilities just a little too seriously. But I admit to also secretly hoping that, just like Clouseau, despite my ineptitude I might somehow stumble upon something of value. I sincerely hope that did occur, and if my less than somberly approach caused distress to some, my sincerest apologies.

Last, I do thank Tricia and her WS team for creating, maintaining, and hosting such an amazing place for dealing with such weighty matters, at any time of the day or night.

Best regards,
Inspector Jacques Clouseau, Sûreté

Sad outcome for Jessica's family !
One understands why some resort to taking justice into their own hands. Not condoning this.
With QT's dna being found in Jessica, evidence of an assault--not to mention him bashing into her car and wrecking it ; it looks fairly cut and dry.
But no.
I'm also of the notion there could've been more perps involved.
:moo:

gasoline was the only accelerant mentioned. There was mention of a Freon can in the car, but I don't think it was taken into evidence, or was discounted. JMO
cady,

I was wondering why the prosecution didn't list that can of freon in their inventory of crime scene evidence, too. If the temperature inside the car was sufficient to burn everything combustible, and if the heat could be felt through the vehicle windows of the two who happened upon the scene so much that they had to stop further down the road to call in the fire, and if it was hot enough to cause the battery inside Jessica's cellphone on the ground outside the car to shut down, then it does seem that it would have also been hot enough to explode an aerosol container.

I'm assuming the distinctive can shape was what made the 1st responder identify it as freon, since like everything else combustible inside that car, the paint on the can would have been burned completely off, along with any identifying labels. I read that freon is not flammable, basically an inert vapor, but that if it is heated high enough it can turn into deadly phosgene gas. So since Jessica was not found inside the car, and since the can was still intact, my thoughts are it was just some trash in the back seat and had been emptied before the fire.

JMO,
Clouseau

One understands why some resort to taking justice into their own hands. Not condoning this.
With QT's dna being found in Jessica, evidence of an assault--not to mention him bashing into her car and wrecking it ; it looks fairly cut and dry.
But no.

i think the only reason there was justice for Holly is that her mother took that case into her own hands.

Ever since the court fiasco on Monday, I have been in a funk. Just a blue funk mood. Has anyone else? I’ve followed this ever since it hit our local news (when it happened,) and wanted so much to see a clear ending for her family. My heart just hurts for Jessica’s parents and loved ones.

Yes I am in a funk even tho I follow many Trials. Some grab u a bit more than others. I popped in a bit here this a.m. but was too numb to respond. I thought some retail therapy would help. I wandered my fave shop mindlessly. The girls know me. Asking how are u and other pleasant convo. It took every ounce of energy to fake it. I bought a few items as we have an event to attend friday night. Came home and just threw the dam bag in my closet. This girl deserves Justice and her loved one's. Killer deserves nothing. I am sure right now he feels like Teflon Tellis. There will be other victims if he is not put away.

Yes I am in a funk even tho I follow many Trials. Some grab u a bit more than others. I popped in a bit here this a.m. but was too numb to respond. I thought some retail therapy would help. I wandered my fave shop mindlessly. The girls know me. Asking how are u and other pleasant convo. It took every ounce of energy to fake it. I bought a few items as we have an event to attend friday night. Came home and just threw the dam bag in my closet. This girl deserves Justice and her loved one's. Killer deserves nothing. I am sure right now he feels like Teflon Tellis. There will be other victims if he is not put away.

He is doing 10 yrs for the credit card theft, which is comforting, except for the fact that he tortured and killed poor Mindy, before stealing her cards.

At least we know he will be incarcerated while both of these cities try to find him GUILTY of one of these horrendous murders.

So very sorry your Hubby is suffering a health issue MizStery. Bless u as his support system. I always think of those suffering but one must not forget their care givers. :grouphug:

rbarber........I think you are correct about the Freon. I did not know that it's not flammable, but as you said, how did they know what it was if identifying product paint was burned off. They did test for lots of chemical substances, though, and the only one they identified was gasoline. The fire couldn't have been burning very long or wouldn't her full tank of gas have exploded? ty c JMO

He is doing 10 yrs for the credit card theft, which is comforting, except for the fact that he tortured and killed poor Mindy, before stealing her cards.

At least we know he will be incarcerated while both of these cities try to find him GUILTY of one of these horrendous murders.

Yep so glad he did not get to walk out of that Courtroom a free man. One of those cases has to put him away for life. Given he is a 3 time felon I would expect he has to serve the full 10????

I still believe there were subliminal messages in this case. Once the name of Eric or Derrick was thought to be said then everyone was thinking that is what she said. All of it is subjective and there is no proof this is what Jessica really said. Not one person recorded her saying 'Eric or Derrick' and I am sure some of them had recording devices with them at the time. I am sure if she did say Eric or Derrick she would know their last name since she came from such a small community yet she never gave it to anyone.

I also am sure during this chaotic time everyone was talking to everyone else there saying she said Eric or Derrick

I wonder if this late in the game some follow-up FBI and/or MBI interviews of the 1st responders and checks of their telephone records might uncover that, although unintentional, there was collaboration in the sense of discussing or sharing information between the time of the fire and the writing of those individual reports the next day. I doubt there was any way to prevent such activity, or if indeed there was even a warning not to do so. If the re-introduction of those reports into evidence during a re-trial could be prevented, based on new evidence from those subsequent interviews revealing they were group-inspired recollections, it might go a long way toward disarming the defense of the "Eric cudgel" it used to beat the jury over the head with this time.

If all the world is a stage, then Eric certainly upstaged everyone else this Act, even the mysterious one-armed... no wait, that was another crime scene, even that mysterious middle-aged black man with the 1000-yard stare who had to be threatened by firefighters before finally leaving the scene. I think his being mentioned in passing as "another stone unturned" by the defense was a veiled threat that even if you, the State, do somehow dispose of our phantom Eric, we've got plenty more candidates waiting in the wings.

JMO,
Clouseau

Does anyone know the answer to why JC never wanted to be at QT's mothers house when the mother was home, because JC said the mother would freak out? What was R W's issue with JC? I probably knew a long time ago when I was reading all the frenzied Courtland/Batesville tweets, but I can't remember. Also, didn't a brother or cousin of QT's personally apologize to Ben Chambers after QT was a named suspect? Recollection murky on that, too. JMO

I don't remember cady. Maybe that's what he told the gals he connected with. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would even care to bring home. Or was it due to the GF he eventually married?

I haven't followed the LA case. Did LA give the first crack at him for murder to MS because JC was murdered before Mandy? Will he still be tried for Mandy's murder in LA or is that case over???? Is QT being sent back to LA to complete his sentence and midway will be re-extradited to MS for retrial? Was he only convicted of using Mandy's credit card? Confused. JMO
The LA prosecutor decided to allow Jessica's case to go first as he/she felt that MS had a better chance of getting a conviction with the evidence they had. Tellis should be on his way back to LA now to start his 10 years for fraud.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

But no.

His DNA was not found in Jessica. It was found on her keys.

rbarber........I think you are correct about the Freon. I did not know that it's not flammable, but as you said, how did they know what it was if identifying product paint was burned off. They did test for lots of chemical substances, though, and the only one they identified was gasoline. The fire couldn't have been burning very long or wouldn't her full tank of gas have exploded? ty c JMO

I mentioned about the can of Freon in my long post this morning because an officer saw it in the car after the fire was put out and immediately I googled info about Freon. Freon itself is not flammable but in a can or cylinder, and at high temperatures it can be explosive. I do find it very odd how the officer was able to ID it was Freon also suggesting the label or paint would have burnt off. I have to assume he didn't know what it was at the time but upon testing, it was IDed as Freon. On the stand he didn't bother to go through a lengthy explanation I guess.

As far as the gas tank goes, as long as it didn't have a leak and was still intact and no fire at the rear of the car it would not have been affected. MOO.

While freon is generally not flammable, there are circumstances that can cause a freon cylinder to explode.

https://www.hunker.com/13407249/what-happens-when-freon-explodes

Yep so glad he did not get to walk out of that Courtroom a free man. One of those cases has to put him away for life. Given he is a 3 time felon I would expect he has to serve the full 10????

Tellis was paroled two months before the Jessica Chambers murder after serving four years of a 10 year sentence for burglary.

Great idea, EllaMae.

There should be plenty of sharp minds in a college town containing not just a university, but one with a law school. Not only that, John Grisham (author of many best-selling legal thrillers) and the DA himself attended that law school. And if that's not enough for you, John Champion's father was once a highly-respected law professor there.

Best,
Clouseau

Oxford would probably never get the defense's approval just because it is comprised of well educated people.

My next suggestion would be Ocean Springs, or the Gulfport /Pass Christian/Biloxi metro area.

I don't remember cady. Maybe that's what he told the gals he connected with. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would even care to bring home. Or was it due to the GF he eventually married?
Yet, if you believe what he said, his other GF Jamie was at his house that day with the future wife coming up that night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tellis was paroled two months before the Jessica Chambers murder after serving four years of a 10 year sentence for burglary.

so what are you saying that he will go free if not convicted of this?

problem with it to me is the crime scene investigation or lack of. Grrr

The CAR was the crime scene....and it was burned on purpose most likely to DESTROY evidence. Everything was consumed in the fire so there really was nothing left to use. Also....first responders are trained to focus on their Patient and do what's necessary in the early moments to treat injuries. The crime scene is secondary when there is a critical patient. It was also necessary to put out the fire so I'm not sure what people mean about not doing a good job investigating the crime scene. There really wasn't much anyone could do about burned up evidence. Other than those car keys and her clothes there wasn't anything else there that was relevant to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth