VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
mod note: Please be mindful of the following posting parameters.

1) You may discuss information in the mainstream media but please steer away from the topic of race.

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group (such as race, religion, gender and sexual orientation) are prohibited.

2) QT is the only one on trial and the only named suspect. Our terms of service address making random accusations against others who have not been designated as suspects.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Please continue here...

*Trial continues (Day 2) – (@ 9am CT) - MS - Jessica Lane Chambers (19) (Dec. 8, 2014) - Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) - indicted on 1st degree capital murder & 3rd degree arson. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
10/16/17: First trial jurors were sequestered. 10 hrs of deliberations. Came back with 7-5 guilty. Ended in mistrial.
Tellis was accused of killing a second person, 34-year-old Meing-Chen Hsaio of Taiwan, in July 2015. The exchange student at the University of Louisiana at Monroe was allegedly tortured to death to get her credit car PIN numbers. Tellis faces a first-degree murder charge in the Louisiana death.
8/16/18 Update: A jury will be from Oktibbeha County. However, a pending matter before the State Supreme Court could alter the starting date. Dalma Palmer, Tellis' attorney, has requested that District 17 District Attorney John W. Champion be recused from prosecuting the case. The matter is still pending before the court. Champion filed a response on Thursday, arguing that the circuit court's denial of Palmer's original motion to recusal of the District Attorney's office is not an appeal able decision. The jurors will be sequestered. Hoping for opening statements to start on 9/25.
9/24/18 Update Day 1: The 12 jurors & two alternates that remain will be bused to Panola County (in Batesville) where the trial is expected to start Tuesday morning. The trial could last five to seven days. The jury of 15 (3 alternates) has been chosen in the Tellis' retrial. Breakdown: 7 men, 8 women. 9 black, 6 white. Opening statements Tuesday 9/25.

One thing I’m not sure I follow is why not move the trial instead of the jury. It seems like a real burden on the jury and a reason why they might want to rush through deliberations. OTH, I guess it isn’t much different than being sequestered. Just a thought.

One thing I’m not sure I follow is why not move the trial instead of the jury. It seems like a real burden on the jury and a reason why they might want to rush through deliberations. OTH, I guess it isn’t much different than being sequestered. Just a thought.
MsArk,

I think it was to provide maximum benefit to the maximum number involved. Batesville is not that far from Courtland, so the the families involved and others in the community interested in attending the trial do not have that far to drive each day.

Best,
Clouseau

WREG in Memphis is also streaming trial coverage. I didn’t get too many breaks and no commentary. I don’t know if they will stream the entire trial but they did last time.

I think it is smart for the prosecution to put on speech therapy testimony before we hear the droves of first responders saying they heard “Eric”.

I am too.
It seems to be on a delay but does not have interruptions for ads and commentary, perhaps,
like Law and Crime does.
d4j,

FYI: There are two links on the Law & Crime page for Jessica Chambers live streaming video. The first one at the top includes "top notch legal analysis" along with the trial, but one toward the bottom of their webpage is raw feed -- just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts...

Regards,
Clouseau

d4j,

FYI: There are two links on the Law & Crime page for Jessica Chambers live streaming video. The first one at the top includes "top notch legal analysis" along with the trial, but one toward the bottom of their webpage is raw feed -- just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts...

Regards,
Clouseau

Thanks for the information, Inspector!

I love Cole Haley.
He was the first person to take care of Jessica Chambers,
who walked towards him saying, "Help me, help me, help me."
He provided as much comfort and reassurance to her as he could.
He seems to be having an easier time testifying at this retrial than he did
at the first trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads