MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeahBethFOX13 13s
Austin: "Once it was to my realization this wasn’t an accident, I started asking her name. She was mainly repeating, “I’m cold, I’m cold.”

@LeahBethFOX13 20s
Austin says he asked who did this to her. That's when he heard "Eric" or "Derrick." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 8s
Austin: "She was definitely mentally shocked." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
Austin says he stayed in truck with #JessicaChambers while they waited for helicopter to arrive.

@LeahBethFOX13 11s
Defense now cross-examining Austin. Asking about the paramedics, responders on scene when he arrived #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 53s
Austin says Daniel Cole also got in ambulance with he and #JessicaChambers on scene

@LeahBethFOX13 24s
State calls Melissa Rodgers-- formerly Watson. She was with Pope Fire Dept. at time of #JessicaChambers murder.

@LeahBethFOX13 8s
Rodgers tells state she saw #JessicaChambers burned "very badly." Says her "hair was singed"

@LeahBethFOX13 40s
Rodgers said once Casey Austin arrived on scene she went to work on report bc he is a paramedic and better suited to treat #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 10s
Defense now questioning Rodgers. She is reading the statement she wrote following #JessicaChambers fire.

Mrs. Hailey said she said Jesse.... so maybe no "c" in there. I would not think she could say Eric, as Bethanying is saying. I'm pretty sure they'll have some like her on the stand to explain that. I hope!! :crossfingers: That's the only way they are going to get around this "Eric" business. JMO!

I was wondering about that. Also, maybe she went by "Jessie." I think I have heard people refer to her as "Jessie."

@LeahBethFOX13 43s
State asks Rodgers if #JessicaChambers fire changed how she responds: “I will not respond alone. And EMR for car fires.. I’m very hesitant.

@LeahBethFOX13 9s
State calls David Gammel. Was a firefighter with Pope Fire Dept. #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 29s
Gammel said he heard the "panic" in the firefighter's voice on radio calling for backup #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 3m
Gammel: "She was laying on the ground, covered with a blanket, a pair of turnout coats...laid over her" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
State asks if Gammel heard #JessicaChambers say who did this to her: "from what I could hear it sounded like 'Eric'"

::Warning graphic::
@LeahBethFOX13 19s
Gammel: "You could see the skin in her nose go in and out as she was gasping, trying to breathe." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 25s
Gammel says he was responsible for setting up landing zone for helicopter to land from Regional One #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 19s
Defense now cross-examining. Handing report Gammel filled out over to him. It's being admitted as evidence #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 11s
Gammel's testimony is complete. Court in recess for lunch. Will reconvene around 1:15 p.m. #JessicaChambers

2:15p.m. est.

Now if that suspicious man at the scene had been Quentin - I'm sure the DA would have asked this firefighter - "Do you see that man in the court room now?" :dunno:

They must know who it was because they had a "tag number".....but it sounds like there were a bunch of "rubberneckers". I wonder if she was given a post-mortem rape test. Apparently her genital area was not burned, because from the photo, her underpants were not burned. But they said the only DNA they got was from the car keys......all I can think is that if she had had sex that day, it was not vaginal. Or maybe there was no sex at all, and QT said that there was, in case his DNA was found associated with her. Maybe she fought him off. JMO

I've been waiting for this trial for so long, very few cases in recent years have been so angry and horrifying to me. The defense really seemed inept yesterday given the lackluster 2-points (1. Jessica said 'Eric' 2. Phone gps isn't a completely exact science), so far what the prosecution has offered seem mostly circumstantial evidence, but certainly compelling, I wonder how a jury will consider all of it.

I've been waiting for this trial for so long, very few cases in recent years have been so angry and horrifying to me. The defense really seemed inept yesterday given the lackluster 2-points (1. Jessica said 'Eric' 2. Phone gps isn't a completely exact science), so far what the prosecution has offered seem mostly circumstantial evidence, but certainly compelling, I wonder how a jury will consider all of it.

I think they (defense) will also bring up the DNA on the keys as plausible because the two of them were seeing one another in the weeks leading up to her murder. It's entirely possible that Tellis grabbed her keys in the time they were together (i.e. moving her car, giving her keys to her before she left).

go easy on me, but the prosecution, who is prosecuting QT for the state here, is the one asking the witnesses on the stand what they may have heard Jessica say when asked who did this to her, and most of them are answering with "eric" or similar... I got that part correct, right?

the state must have known this already, that the witnesses would answer thusly, so what's going on? What am I missing? I don't drink coffee but maybe I need some.

go easy on me, but the prosecution, who is prosecuting QT for the state here, is the one asking the witnesses on the stand what they may have heard Jessica say when asked who did this to her, and most of them are answering with "eric" or similar... I got that part correct, right?

the state must have known this already, that the witnesses would answer thusly, so what's going on? What am I missing? I don't drink coffee but maybe I need some.

I'm just speculating when I say this but I believe they are putting that out there so that when the detectives come up to the stand they will not look inept about the investigation. They will probably say they found several leads on some men named "Eric" but none of them panned out. Otherwise, it would appear to the jurors that they railroaded the defendant without a proper investigation into other suspects.
If the statements are in record from the witnesses and the state didn't bring it up and instead allowed the defense to do so, it would look like they didn't investigate properly.

I haven't followed this case so I'm just catching up. Was QT charged with another murder? Where is that case - waiting for trial or already gone to trial?

Thanks for doing tweets, JennaTaison. This is so horrific to hear how she died over and over. Bless all those who responded to the scene and have to go through it again today. :tears:

@LeahBethFOX13 44s
Court is back in session. Judge about to bring jury back in #JessicaChambers

Thanks for doing tweets, JennaTaison. This is so horrific to hear how she died over and over. Bless all those who responded to the scene and have to go through it again today. :tears:

No problem! I'm just paying it forward; Emi, Niner, and Harmony were so amazing during the Holly Bobo trial.
I agree that seeing all those who responded to the scene break down is heart wrenching. I'm usually a rather calm and serious person and they have brought me to tears every time.

forgot to post this earlier....

UndiscoveredTruth said:
Niner. I'm about to hit the sack. It's 11.30pm here. I think the trial starts at 3.00am my time so I may or may not be here, probs the latter. I'll definitely be around to help out with the afternoon tweeting if I'm needed though.

Night one and all!

Hey :wave: It is a bummer being so far ahead in hours when we follow trials! Living in California was so much easier to follow! Wow - you are 10 hours ahead of me - like me and the West Coast! Hope you had a nice rest!

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
State calls Bradley Dixon. Another EMS responder from night of #JessicaChambers fire.

@LeahBethFOX13 57s
Dixon says he knew helicopter would be needed when he arrived and saw #JessicaChambers. He is now describing treatment he administered

I haven't followed this case so I'm just catching up. Was QT charged with another murder? Where is that case - waiting for trial or already gone to trial?

Here it is:
Tellis was accused of killing a second person, 34-year-old Meing-Chen Hsaio of Taiwan, in July 2015. The exchange student at the University of Louisiana at Monroe was allegedly tortured to death to get her credit car PIN numbers. Tellis faces a first-degree murder charge in the Louisiana death.

@LeahBethFOX13 50s
State to Dixon: "What name did you believe you heard?" from #JessicaChambers. Dixon: “Eric.”

@LeahBethFOX13 50s
Dixon says he heard the words "cold" and "thirsty" from #JessicaChambers while in ambulance. Said it was difficult to make out.

Cross: no tweets

@LeahBethFOX13 25s
Dixon's testimony complete. State now calling Joshua Perkins-- another EMT on scene of #JessicaChambers fire.

@LeahBethFOX13
Dixon says there wasn't much hair left on her head when he got to her on scene. She was "burnt significantly" #JessicaChambers

(I think she means Perkins)

@ShayA_WREG3
Perkins said Chambers' voice was very garbled. Said she was difficult to understand. Again, said he heard her say name, " Eric or Derrick."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine