MS - Jessica Johnson, 37, found hanged, Horn Lake, 2 June 2017

Self Editing

Took a needed break in between videos.

What are the holes on her hands caused from? That is an oddity. Perhaps the cause will be revealed in the last few videos.

Jessica's is not the only mysterious death centered around Horn Lake. There are several others.

I attended couple of days in a trial regarding the death of a small child, a young girl. Her young brother, father and her brother's father's adult male friend, who was currently living with the family, went out on the Lake.

Their boat stalled. Horn Lake is very large and the waters were choppy. The father placed his children in life jackets. He left the boat to swim to shore for help.

When he returned, his daughter was missing. His friend was found clinging onto the little girl's life jacket. It was a disturbing murder. The trial had to be moved from Desoto County to another County. He was convicted and sentenced by a jury of her peers.

Self Editing

Hello, I’m likely doing this wrong so please excuse me if I am... but I was really interested in reading about the case you were speaking about and couldn’t find anything in the searches I did with the info provided. Was it long ago? Do you have a name? Thank you!

Self Editing

I’ve been baffled since seeing the photos by those holes in her hands as well. They don’t look like any needle marks I’ve ever seen.

Does anyone here know what those might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I’m likely doing this wrong so please excuse me if I am... but I was really interested in reading about the case you were speaking about and couldn’t find anything in the searches I did with the info provided. Was it long ago? Do you have a name? Thank you!

Jsphie,
I had never heard of someone removing a child's life jacket, thereby, allowing a child to drown, while it saved themselves from doing the same. Her death outraged the community so the trial was moved.
It was before we had live telecasts so I traveled a good distance to attend but didn't stay in town long enough for the verdict. I was there when the accused testified.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95419&page=1

The holes left on Jessica Johnson's hands have never been explained and remain a mystery to me. We may never know unless an official offers an explanation. I frequently call LEO with questions such as these. However, with Thanksgiving around the corner, my free time is sparse.

Her alleged suicide makes little sense, once I saw the Private Inv. show how JJs face was placed against a corner edge of the wooden post of the mailbox. His explanations were helpful even though he never mentioned the small holes on her hands.

No comment from LE at all regarding either. They're classifying it strictly as a suicide and they've shown no interest in investigating anything otherwise

Of course they don't. They figure it's just one more junkie they don't have to deal with anymore. Her life has no value to them because she was an addict.

Such a sad story. I find it hard to believe that this was a suicde, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I'm coming into this one late but as a UK Cop who is a Detective Senior Investigator and have been in attendance at many many suicide scenes, this is definitely NOT suicide. For starters there is no pressure from the ligature (shoelace) against the larynx. Furthermore I would like to know if there was 'pittichiae' present ( tiny red blood spots in her eyes ) which would prove some form of strangulation. Also when the ligature was removed, I would like to know if there was an indent of a welt that was seen that was consistent with pre and post Mortem changes to the colour of the neck. Furthermore I have been to hangings where someone has simply put a fixed ligature around their neck and simply leaned forward to cut off the air supply. In this image she is not leaning forward at all in any way shape or form so that her airway is restricted and if it was a suicidal hanging her head would be 'lolled ' forward and looking down due to the weight and natural position that an unsupported head would fall. Is it that her lead isn't in this position because the lace wouldn't be able to hold this weight of her head ?
No way is this suicide IMOO

596f526715000020008b2870.jpeg

Photo Credit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-from-mailbox_us_596f4821e4b0000eb19742ae?7wc

Well, I understand the openness of the scene but it clearly is not congested area. In fact, it is a fairly remote portion of the Horn Lake area.

https://www.bing.com/maps?lvl=17&st...d=id.sid:66fe5428-0aa5-ee9e-bf4f-cc6ec128a945

This lovely lady, JJ, really was without her own place.

The hanging took place around 6PM Thursday and she was discovered by the mailman the next morning around 9AM. Meth users do not think the same way they would without the illegal substance.

ninij9
, I also could stand by your theory of a dramatic event that ended in reality. He told her not to bring that drama to his door and then he closed the door on her. This is incredibly sad. I just cannot imagine functioning on that level of intoxication but I've never had meth so I don't really know what feelings to expect :/

I could be so wrong about what happened. It's just a hunch, and reading the info available, that I came to the conclusion that she was not murdered.

So if she took the laces out of her sneakers when she was threatening suicide outside and they shut the door on her, then why were the sneakers found sans laces inside the home in the picture you refer to ?

596f526715000020008b2870.jpeg

Photo Credit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-from-mailbox_us_596f4821e4b0000eb19742ae?7wc

Well, I understand the openness of the scene but it clearly is not congested area. In fact, it is a fairly remote portion of the Horn Lake area.

https://www.bing.com/maps?lvl=17&st...d=id.sid:66fe5428-0aa5-ee9e-bf4f-cc6ec128a945

This lovely lady, JJ, really was without her own place.

The hanging took place around 6PM Thursday and she was discovered by the mailman the next morning around 9AM. Meth users do not think the same way they would without the illegal substance.

ninij9
, I also could stand by your theory of a dramatic event that ended in reality. He told her not to bring that drama to his door and then he closed the door on her. This is incredibly sad. I just cannot imagine functioning on that level of intoxication but I've never had meth so I don't really know what feelings to expect :/

I could be so wrong about what happened. It's just a hunch, and reading the info available, that I came to the conclusion that she was not murdered.

Sorry my last post was in relation to this post

So if she took the laces out of her sneakers when she was threatening suicide outside and they shut the door on her, then why were the sneakers found sans laces inside the home in the picture you refer to ?

Good catch!

I’ve been baffled since seeing the photos by those holes in her hands as well. They don’t look like any needle marks I’ve ever seen.

Does anyone here know what those might be?

Maybe a rat or other animal nibbled at her hands and arms after her death.

In the picture of crime scene her purse is actually Away from her hand.. seems like maybe there's a second purse or something she's clutching to! I think she overdosed and everyone at the house panicked! Boyfriend left because he knew the family would blame him! My aunt died in a similar manner 18 years ago and me and my WHOLE family blamed the boyfriend because you feel a need to blame someone else because you can't blame the deceased! Accident OD.... a girl from my town died last year in the woods while with her boyfriend...she overdosed on heroin..her death was and is considered a suicide by the police and people around town!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
The purse actually really bothers me. If she did intend to commit suicide, what in the world is her motive for bringing her purse with her, and why place it between her legs? Why bring your possessions with you? What purpose does that serve?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The purse actually really bothers me. If she did intend to commit suicide, what in the world is her motive for bringing her purse with her, and why place it between her legs? Why bring your possessions with you? What purpose does that serve?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I mean I would think I’d use he strap on the purse not small shoe strings if I was going to kill myself.. this whole thing is just so odd

I mean I would think I’d use he strap on the purse not small shoe strings if I was going to kill myself.. this whole thing is just so odd

The purse strap or even the phone charger you can see hanging out of her purse seem like they would be more practical. I will say, it is interesting that it’s hanging out, as if that was maybe an option, but for some reason didn’t work. One side of the strap was broken from the purse. Maybe possible this was an option as well, but again, failed to work. Also, they said they thought the one side of the purse strap that broke did so during an argument. For some reason that just seems odd to me. I don’t get why her boyfriend (or anyone just fighting) would break her purse of all things. However, her mother mentioned that she kept her paraphernalia and stash in her purse and it wasn’t there when they found her. Could be possible the folks in the house ran out of drugs and tried to take hers, hence fighting over the purse. Maybe they killed her for her stash, then set it up. Some addicts can be insanely desperate, therefore can do some crazy things in an act of said desperation. I could see a scenario where she tied herself just to look serious about a threat (if the threat really even happened), then passed out and accidentally killed herself (though her head should have been facing down and to the other side, in that case). But then I think of things like the text message (we really need to know what the text said), sent after 3 a.m when she was said to have died much earlier, the suspicious position of her body, the fact that people drove on that road where she would have been visible (even though it’s a remote area, she was out there for a while), etc, etc. just doesn’t add up.

Where can I find the actual crime scene photos?
Also I’ve just watched a podcast and no autopsy was performed!!! OMG that is unbelievable... in the UK , all suspicious deaths ie. suicide , drugs etc are autopsied automatically as are anybody who has not seen a Dr within the previous 7 days and particularly all young people and those of a healthy age . This astounds me that it’s a ? Suicide I’n their mind and ? Homicide in the families mind and yet no autopsy was done . This stinks to be quite honest and blunt ! MOO

Where can I find the actual crime scene photos?
Also I’ve just watched a podcast and no autopsy was performed!!! OMG that is unbelievable... in the UK , all suspicious deaths ie. suicide , drugs etc are autopsied automatically as are anybody who has not seen a Dr within the previous 7 days and particularly all young people and those of a healthy age . This astounds me that it’s a ? Suicide I’n their mind and ? Homicide in the families mind and yet no autopsy was done . This stinks to be quite honest and blunt ! MOO
If you google Jessica Johnson crime scene they should come up. Her face is blurred but you can still tell quite a bit. There’s also a Crime Watch Daily episode on YouTube that shows them.

If you google Jessica Johnson crime scene they should come up. Her face is blurred but you can still tell quite a bit. There’s also a Crime Watch Daily episode on YouTube that shows them.
Thank you so much

Reactions: M.P
OMG now having seen the crime scene photo as kindly directed to it by M.P. , I’m even more astounded, astonished, horrified, and whatever other adjective can be used to describe the lack of investigative work in regards to this case. There is no way in a million years that having looked at the image of Jessica, deceased, with the shoe lace around her neck, that this is a hanging by suicide! All MOO but it’s not even tight enough and her lace isn’t taking the weight of her head, which is still perfectly upright and not lolling forward or sideways as you would expect when someone is deceased, especially by this method, as the head is no longer able to sustain its upright posture. This is just preposterous.... No way is this suicide and I would be writing to Congress or whoever you can write to who is much higher up in power and in a position to force a fresh investigation!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back