MS MS - Jon Paul Estes, 35, Lincoln County, 2 Jun 2018 *truck found abandoned*

cybervampira

Reaction score
Trail goes cold on missing Mississippi man, investigators seek public help

Lincoln County Sheriff Steve Rushing said the trail has gone cold in the search for 35-year-old Jon Paul Estes, a traveling construction worker from Bogue Chitto last seen June 2. Estes’ truck was found abandoned near his old home on Wallace Drive shortly after Rushing’s investigators had contacted him by phone for questioning in connection to a domestic violence charge, but neither law enforcement nor Estes’ family has heard from him since.

“At this point, we don’t know why he hasn’t turned up,” Rushing said. “Originally, during the case we felt like he was trying to avoid talking to us, but at this point none of the other family members are saying they’ve had any contact with him. We’re considering him a missing person.”

Rushing said Estes’ ex-wife, Cynthia Estes, filed domestic assault charges against him around two weeks before the abandoned truck was found without any signs of foul play.

Court records show the couple was divorced in October last year. The sheriff said the criminal case has since been “resolved” — no indictment against Estes has been issued, and there’s no reason for him to fear arrest for the charge.

“We don’t know the reason at this point why he hasn’t had contact with his family,” Rushing said. “His family just wants to hear from him, or know if something has happened to him. We just need some kind of answers for the family.”

upload_2019-1-12_15-12-34.jpeg

Jonathan Paul Estes – The Charley Project

• Missing FromBogue Chitto, Mississippi
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth01/29/1983 (36)
  • Age35 years old
  • Height and Weight6'0 - 6'1, 150 - 175 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jonathan's nickname is Jon. He has a tattoo of an eagle on his back.
Details of Disappearance
Jonathan was last seen in Bogue Chitto, Mississippi. On May 31, 2018, he had a domestic dispute with his estranged wife, Cynthia Denise "Cindy" Estes, and she claims he assaulted her. On June 2, when police went to question him about it, he was gone.

He has never been heard from again. Two weeks after he went missing, his truck was found abandoned in a field and turned over to Cindy. Since his disappearance, there's been no activity on his bank account.

The Lincoln County Sheriff's Department initially refused to accept a missing persons report for Jonathan, as Cindy had filed assault charges against him and they thought he was running from the law. In September, Jonathan's sister filed the missing persons report with the Lee County Sheriff's Department near where she lived in Tupelo, Mississippi.

In October, four months after Jonathan disappeared, the grand jury considering the assault case declined to indict him for lack of evidence. That same month, Cindy filed for divorce on grounds of adultery and cruelty. The divorce was finalized the following January, in spite of Jonathan's absence, and Cindy was granted full custody of their children.

The marriage had been troubled and they had separated multiple times over the years. Jonathan was a contractor and had to travel regularly for his job. In late April 2018, right before Jonathan took a two-week work trip to texas, Cindy said she wanted to divorce. When he returned home, the couple separated. Jonathan rented a house of his own.

Their two children lived with Cindy, and although there was not yet a court order mandating visitation and child support, he saw them regularly and paid support for them up until he went missing. He even accompanied his daughter when she took a trip to Washington D.C. with her church the month before his disappearance.

His loved ones don't believe he would have abandoned his children. His case remains unsolved. Lincoln County police are now handling the investigating.

estes_jonathan.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

https://m.dailyleader.com/2019/05/31/sister-of-missing-man-still-holding-on-to-hope/

Some MSM coverage:

Former Post Falls man missing

. . . Jonathan "Jon" Paul Estes, 35, was last seen in Bogue Chitto, Miss., said Carl Estes, Jon's father. Prior to going missing, Jon was in frequent communication with people in North Idaho, his father said.

There is a $25,000 reward for information leading to finding Jon.

Jon is an industrial construction worker with an estranged wife, a 14-year-old daughter and an 11-year-old son. . . .

. . . Carl said the last time he spoke with his son — on June 1 — Jon sounded "broken.". . .
BBM

https://www.dailyleader.com/2019/01/11/publics-help-needed-to-find-missing-bogue-chitto-contractor/

More at link...

When she reported him missing, he was already listed in the National Criminal Information Center because of charges filed by his ex-wife. The two had separated in April 2018 and things got heated when Estes delivered divorce papers to her May 31, 2018, his sister said.

Estes’ truck was found in a field nearly two weeks after he went missing, but Lincoln County Sheriff Steve Rushing said investigators were able to determine that Estes left it there.

In October, a Lincoln County grand jury was unable to indict him charges related to domestic violence due to a lack of information. Law enforcement officers continued to pursue leads to find Estes, who was now considered a missing person.

...SBM

Estes’ ex-wife filed for a divorce in October 2018 and it was finalized in January, even with the defendant missing. It appears he hasn’t contacted his children or anyone else since he disappeared.

“His children were everything to him, he would never just leave him,” Melissa Estes said.

https://www.magnoliastatelive.com/2...searching-missing-mans-family-clings-to-hope/

Just FYI, The Page is NOT administered by his parents. I am an admin and so is his sister. I appreciate you keeping this up on Web Sleuths.
Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for the correction. Are you also related to Jonathan? You might consider becoming a Verified Insider. Here is the link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

It is an easy process, and becoming verified would allow you to share information here, without media documentation. I hope that Jonathan is found soon!

Alarming comments in the post of the "Find Jonathan Paul Estes" FB page (administered by his parents):

Find Jonathan Paul Estes
Um, yeah. If it wasn't for the fact that this was a real life situation, it sure would make an interesting TV show. You can't make this stuff up, can you?

Sorry if that seems weird, what I just posted above, but you have to read over that entire page to understand what I mean. Holy cow!

Just FYI, The Page is NOT administered by his parents. I am an admin and so is his sister. I appreciate you keeping this up on Web Sleuths.
Have any of you tried the following:

1. contacting Tim from Texas EQUUsearch
2. contacted David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha

I mean, perhaps getting some real help out there to find Jon might be more helpful towards finding him for his children's sake, to say the least.

Well, if he met with foul play, i suspect she had help. Like the new boyfriend. So the question would be... where did they dump the body? Can LE find the old trailer and test it for blood?

Well, if he met with foul play, i suspect she had help. Like the new boyfriend. So the question would be... where did they dump the body? Can LE find the old trailer and test it for blood?

Which new boyfriend? Sound like she might have had several.

I’d like to know what interactions he may have had with police on his road the day he disappeared. The same day his cell phone stopped pinging.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back