MS - Maggie Jones, 19, found shot on side of road, Jackson, 16 June 2019

LellieB

Reaction score
On Sunday morning, June 16, 2019, a Jackson resident found Maggie Reyna Jones shot to death on the roadside at 1500 Brenton RD, a rural road in Jackson, MS. She was found with no identification and had likely been there for several hours. Jackson is a rather dangerous city and increased in danger in 2019.

Maggie only moved to Jackson from Aubrey, TX, six days before her death. The Hinds County Coroner released her identity to the public on June 19, 2019. There have been no news updates on her case since June 21, 2019.

One initial report said that she was found unclothed, but there is no mention of this in other later news reports. I question the validity of this detail, especially since only one news outlet reported it.

I wonder if the fact that her family lives in TX, limits their ability to pressure law enforcement. Hopefully, they are receiving regular updates from JPD. (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to write this, but it seems as though she comes from a loving family.) Her father, Paul Jones, died almost a year to the day before Maggie. I can’t even imagine how difficult this time for her mom and two sisters.

In 2014, Maggie and her fother found a prehistoric fossil in a creek in their backyard. Their find was featured on the local news.

I don’t want her case to disappear. Young Maggie deserves justice.

(Note: this is the first time I have ever created a thread, lordy, I hope I did it right)

Attachments

• DRC-obits-MaggieJones-photo_20190629.jpg
    DRC-obits-MaggieJones-photo_20190629.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 23
You did great Lellie.....thanks for starting the thread. Gosh, I hope we can get some traction going for Maggie here, it sure seems like this case has gone too quiet. Hopefully LE has leads to track down. I wonder why Maggie moved from TX to MS?

ETA: oh and welcome to Websleuths Lellie!

You did great Lellie.....thanks for starting the thread. Gosh, I hope we can get some traction going for Maggie here, it sure seems like this case has gone too quiet. Hopefully LE has leads to track down. I wonder why Maggie moved from TX to MS?

ETA: oh and welcome to Websleuths Lellie!

Thank you so much! I've been a lurker forever! I'm not sure why I waited so long to create a thread!

Hi, I am Maggie’s sister- Kasey. We both lost our dad almost exactly to the year before Maggie passed, she passed on Father’s Day. No the Jackson police aren’t doing *advertiser censored*. I’m not sure that anybody’s been arrested. And whoever said that because we live in Texas I totally think that they’re not taking it more seriously because they know that we’re not down there and not going to be on them but I have been calling. But they don’t return calls- ever. my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year..And some of the pictures you will see my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year. Maggies mom, Gina, my step mom lives in Aubrey Texas. Thank y’all so much for caring.

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths welcomes new members to this forum and the discussion of this tragic case.

Websleuths is a fact-based website, and has intentionally set strict RULES/TOS to protect victims and their family and friends. Unsubstantiated info is considered RUMOR and not allowed.

• If you are close to the case, and want to share inside info here, you must become a VERIFIED INSIDER. Otherwise your posts may be removed as rumors which is a violation of the TOS.
  • All other info posted as facts must include a link to that info in mainstream media (MSM) or from Law Enforcement (LE) sources. Posts that do not include links to info posted as facts may be removed.
  • Members may speculate based on the known facts, but must provide a disclaimer that indicates it is opinion or speculation. Wild theories are not allowed.
  • If you have a question about the TOS, please PM a moderator or send a Report. Please DO NOT question or complain about posts that are removed on the thread. That too is a violation of TOS.
THANK YOU for posting respectfully and responsibly according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined Websleuths.

Hi, I am Maggie’s sister- Kasey. We both lost our dad almost exactly to the year before Maggie passed, she passed on Father’s Day. No the Jackson police aren’t doing ****. I’m not sure that anybody’s been arrested. And whoever said that because we live in Texas I totally think that they’re not taking it more seriously because they know that we’re not down there and not going to be on them but I have been calling. But they don’t return calls- ever. my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year..And some of the pictures you will see my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year. Maggies mom, Gina, my step mom lives in Aubrey Texas. Thank y’all so much for caring.

Thank you so much for joining us- I am so sorry you have experienced so many losses. I hope you will become a verified insider so that you are able to share more information and hopefully we can help you get justice for your sister!

Hi, I am Maggie’s sister- Kasey. We both lost our dad almost exactly to the year before Maggie passed, she passed on Father’s Day. No the Jackson police aren’t doing ****. I’m not sure that anybody’s been arrested. And whoever said that because we live in Texas I totally think that they’re not taking it more seriously because they know that we’re not down there and not going to be on them but I have been calling. But they don’t return calls- ever. my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year..And some of the pictures you will see my dad who is also Maggie’s dad and then my mom who is not Maggie’s mom but my mother passed away from cancer earlier this year. Maggies mom, Gina, my step mom lives in Aubrey Texas. Thank y’all so much for caring.
Oh, Kasey. I’m so sorry about your sister, mom, and dad. Jackson PD corruption and incompetence are borderline legendary. Sending you virtual hugs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back