Found Deceased MS - Makayla Winston, 21, Holmes County, 9 months pregnant, 27 June 2019

I am guessing strangulation, and if so, I doubt baby survived :-(
I was thinking strangulation and that would seem likely but I did see earlier that mention was made that cause of death was not readily apparent due to condition of the body. Geez it’s hot and humid down here so I’m sure that has done it’s damage. It’s also possible she might have been in water because there’s a creek running right through where she was found.

This may be my first post...I honestly cant remember because I've been lurking for 15ish years.

I'm about 40 minutes away from where this poor woman and her baby were murdered. In my particular area, everyone I've talked to is just heartbroken. I'm surprised to see charges filed so soon, honestly, because law enforcement tends to be a little slow around here.

I'm praying justice is served so Makayla's loved ones can have some semblance of peace and closure.

Missing Pregnant Woman's Body Was Found Monday — and Man Believed to Be Boyfriend Is Arrested

Terrence K. Sample, 33, was arrested on Monday night after he turned himself in, Holmes County Sheriff Willie March tells PEOPLE.

“He and his lawyer came in last night,” says March.

Sample is charged with capital murder and murder for allegedly killing Makayla Winston and their unborn baby, says March.
Oh, what a man, he turned himself in. How honorable of that monster.

At least we know for a fact he did it, and her family can unfortunately begin the God awful grieving process of losing a daughter and precious grandchild.

This may be my first post...I honestly cant remember because I've been lurking for 15ish years.

I'm about 40 minutes away from where this poor woman and her baby were murdered. In my particular area, everyone I've talked to is just heartbroken. I'm surprised to see charges filed so soon, honestly, because law enforcement tends to be a little slow around here.

I'm praying justice is served so Makayla's loved ones can have some semblance of peace and closure.
Welcome aboard! Please continue to post with us!

She looks so young in the media pictures. I hope they have sufficient evidence to move forward.

I bet they find DNA on Makayla. I think it was premeditated. It hurts my heart when all these victims of senseless crimes are left out in the elements and often deny their loved ones the opportunity to see them one last time.
I'm trying to not be graphic but I wouldn't be surprised if there was what is called a Coffin birth" at the scene where she was found. How traumatic for all the LE and person who found her

You know, I just wish there was a moment to explain to Makayla how these situations really work when a girl (I still think of her that way) gets involved with an older man who is married (maybe she didn’t know that, to be fair). Too late now, but do wish more folks were paying attention to this crime, so this lesson might help others.

You know, I just wish there was a moment to explain to Makayla how these situations really work when a girl (I still think of her that way) gets involved with an older man who is married (maybe she didn’t know that, to be fair). Too late now, but do wish more folks were paying attention to this crime, so this lesson might help others.

Are we sure he's married?

Sheriff March said, “His lawyer came in with him and basically turned himself in to us for questioning. Through the questioning, we received information that he had association or contact with her that night she came up missing.”

Sheriff March said Sample has denied any involvement with Winston.

The Sheriff says they have witnesses that put the two together near the time of her disappearance.

As of Tuesday evening, Terrance Sample had still not gone before a judge.

Sheriff March said Sample’s mother is a justice court judge in Attala County and she, along with other judges who could preside over his initial appearance, have recused themselves.

Authorities are now looking for a judge to hear the case in the next 24 hours.

Boyfriend charged with capital murder after 21-year-old pregnant woman missing from Miss. found dead

BBM - I hope this doesn't get him any leeway on these charges since this appears to be a small town.

Last edited:
The boyfriend of a missing pregnant woman whose body was discovered in Holmes County Monday has been taken into custody, Sheriff Willie March confirmed Tuesday.

TS, 33, was booked into the Holmes-Humphreys County Regional Correctional Facility Monday night, but as of Tuesday afternoon he had not been charged.

March said investigations allow a 72-hour holding period and that he was waiting on the cause of death and to consult with a judge.

Dead pregnant woman's boyfriend in custody
Good for LE - they moved swiftly IMO.

Sheriff March said, “His lawyer came in with him and basically turned himself in to us for questioning. Through the questioning, we received information that he had association or contact with her that night she came up missing.”

Sheriff March said Sample has denied any involvement with Winston.

The Sheriff says they have witnesses that put the two together near the time of her disappearance.

As of Tuesday evening, Terrance Sample had still not gone before a judge.

Sheriff March said Sample’s mother is a justice court judge in Attala County and she, along with other judges who could preside over his initial appearance, have recused themselves.

Authorities are now looking for a judge to hear the case in the next 24 hours.

Boyfriend charged with capital murder after 21-year-old pregnant woman missing from Miss. found dead

BBM - I hope this doesn't get him any leeway on these charges since this appears to be a small town.
2 counts of murder and kidnapping - so he took her somewhere IMO. And witnesses saw this (article said LE has witnesses that saw them together before she went missing).

Terrence Sample, 33, is charged with capital murder, kidnapping and murder in the death of Makayla Winston, 21, and her unborn baby, according to Holmes County Sheriff Willie March.

Sample made an initial court appearance Wednesday before a judge in Yazoo County, where he had been jailed overnight, March said. The judge denied Sample bond. Deputies will bring Sample back to Holmes County, March said.

SBM

"(Mississippi Bureau of Investigation agents) went over and interviewed (Sample) and he said that he hadn't spoke to (Winston) in so many days, but the texts said something different," March said. "If I was dating a young lady, I sure wouldn't text her and say (that) to her. So, yeah, there was a sign that he probably didn't want this baby."

SBM

March said the investigation shows that Sample saw Winston the night she went missing.

"What happened out there is what led to the attack. Even leaving her out there on this road, after he was out there with her, is just mind-boggling to me," March said.

No bond for man charged in death of missing pregnant woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back