MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of news about this sweet baby is frustrating. There was a little girl taken from her classroom about an hour away from Camden last year. She got a good bit more news coverage IIRC. Ultimately the kidnapper and accomplices were arrested and the little girl found safe in that case, she was kidnapped over a land dispute. I just wish we had more MSM for little Myra.

What a case that has been. How despicable can a person get over what really was a very small piece of property? Now the mastermind has ruined her son's life by dragging him into her mess. He had a college basketball scholarship at an SEC school. He was a top prospect out of HS for our state. (I'm a big follower of sports here).

I will say that I had a missing alert on my FB newsfeed very quickly for both of these missing children. I had one for Myra either Saturday evening late or Sunday morning. I can't remember when I saw the first one, but it was well in advance of an AA. I think the difference in coverage is that with the first we had descriptions of abductors when it was eventually discovered what went down at the school. Little Myra is on every newscast on every channel here locally, as well as twitter, FB and the statewide newspaper.

This may sound odd but I think that the gap of time between last seen and calling LEpoints away from the parents . If they were covering up something it seems like they would have lied about when she was last seen in order not to draw attention to themselves . I think mom saw the baby outside with her siblings, maybe saw her heading to the house to go inside. Maybe the dad had fallen asleep and wasn't watching the kids as well as he should have in addition to him thinking that she had gone with mom. I think she probably wandered off. So sad :-(

I wonder if any family/friends stopped by while mom was at the store? Any other adults? I keep thinking she wandered off but with all this time going by its making me sick.

The older sister is a few years older, maybe 7ish, going by pictures. this poor family. Prayers she is found soon.

IMO

My guess is that Mom was gone most of the day and thought Myra was inside / home. Dad was swamped with the kiddos and newborn and thought Myra was with mom. Mom comes home around 3 and they look for Myra and then call.
Also the comment about pressing charges is probably because 250 searched the woods and didn't find her. At this point I would be thinking abduction as well. All MOO

Agreed. I don't think it is such an odd statement. Don't a lot of us make comments about how LE should concentrate on finding the missing person, rather than preserving a case against someone?? Same principle with parents, all they want to do is find their baby, they don't want to worry about catching whoever took her, IF she was abducted.

ETA: When there are a number of children in a family, it is easy to overlook one not being there. My hubby was one of eight children. His mom told me that they accidentally left their youngest at the church one night, and didn't realize it until the kids were getting ready for bed. His dad had to go back and 'rescue' her. Thank goodness they had not locked the doors, he found her asleep on one of the pews.

Holy smokes, that is a rural area. I totally believe that the little girl could have wandered off and got lost. Hey Silky, remember that darling little girl that vanished from her house while her dad was taking a nap? Most suspected the worst (including myself), but she was found unharmed the next day. The little trooper survived being lost in the woods overnight in very frigid temperatures, in fact so frigid that people didn't expect her to survive overnight and some were beginning to call it a recovery effort.

Hoping there will be a similar outcome for this baby!

Amber Rose Smith, the little girl in not much more than a halter top, I remember too and it is what springs to mind as I was reading here, but longer time has passed now :(

This may sound odd but I think that the gap of time between last seen and calling LEpoints away from the parents . If they were covering up something it seems like they would have lied about when she was last seen in order not to draw attention to themselves . I think mom saw the baby outside with her siblings, maybe saw her heading to the house to go inside. Maybe the dad had fallen asleep and wasn't watching the kids as well as he should have in addition to him thinking that she had gone with mom. I think she probably wandered off. So sad :-(

In the first report, it was said that mom watched the children go in the house. I can't explain why there was a delay on reporting her missing, there could be several logical reasons, most have been mentioned here. It is disturbing but sometimes people just don't think about what could happen, until it does happen. I am not going to assume the worst until more facts come out. People make mistakes, parents let their guards down sometimes. If this turns out to be a case of a child wandering off because Mom left to go shopping and Dad was watching other children, plus a new baby... it's not fair to slam them, they will take enough heat as it is.

I don't know what the weather is like up there, but here we had freezing rain yesterday and last night, and there is ice everywhere, it's not much over 20 degrees now at 10:30. A child that young could not survive that unless they found shelter somewhere.

In the first report, it was said that mom watched the children go in the house. I can't explain why there was a delay on reporting her missing, there could be several logical reasons, most have been mentioned here. It is disturbing but sometimes people just don't think about what could happen, until it does happen. I am not going to assume the worst until more facts come out. People make mistakes, parents let their guards down sometimes. If this turns out to be a case of a child wandering off because Mom left to go shopping and Dad was watching other children, plus a new baby... it's not fair to slam them, they will take enough heat as it is.

I don't know what the weather is like up there, but here we had freezing rain yesterday and last night, and there is ice everywhere, it's not much over 20 degrees now at 10:30. A child that young could not survive that unless they found shelter somewhere.

I agree about not slamming the parents. We just don't know enough right now and I'm sure they are devastated.

As far as weather, we had a high of 77 yesterday and it was beautiful all weekend. It only got down to around mid 50's Sat. night, if I recall. However, we had high winds and rain last night with a low around 40. It's cold and overcast this morning. It is currently 27 and we had flurries that didn't stick. I'm about an hour from Camden.

ETA: Welcome to Mississippi. Where, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

How Scary hope they find her safe and very soon.

I agree about not slamming the parents. We just don't know enough right now and I'm sure they are devastated.

As far as weather, we had a high of 77 yesterday and it was beautiful all weekend. It only got down to around mid 50's Sat. night, if I recall. However, we had high winds and rain last night with a low around 40. It's cold and overcast this morning. It is currently 27 and we had flurries that didn't stick. I'm about an hour from Camden.

ETA: Welcome to Mississippi. Where, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute

BBM
Especially this year.

Malary Pullen ‏@MPullen_WJTV 3m
***BREAKING*** Madison Sheriff's Department calls off search for missing 2 year old Myra Lewis. Case is now being treated as an abduction http://fb.me/10KydYtcI

https://twitter.com/MPullen_WJTV

So I wonder if that's just a guess, based on being unable to locate her in the area, that she was abducted?

It just seems that LE often doesn't imagine how very far a 2 year old can walk - and they could miss her little tiny self hidden in some bushes.

What info leads them to believe an abduction? If they stop searching, they definitely won't find her. :(

So I wonder if that's just a guess, based on being unable to locate her in the area, that she was abducted?

It just seems that LE often doesn't imagine how very far a 2 year old can walk - and they could miss her little tiny self hidden in some bushes.

They searched a four mile radius is what I read. I hope they checked every culvert, every hole in the ground. A two year old could easily get stuck in a tiny space. Who remembers that tiny pipe that baby Jessica fell down in Texas in the late 80's.

Madison county has good law enforcement agencies so I have confidence in them. I will also add that the DA for Madison/Rankin counties will throw the book at whoever is responsible if they solve this. No doubt about that.

Sad that we live in an age that we hope for a child to be lost in the woods over the probable alternative of being abducted by a stranger. Stranger abductions are not commonplace here.

They wouldn't just call off the search for this little girl (I would hope, anyway) without sufficient evidence pointing towards an abduction. JMO.

Such a sweet little girl, I pray she is found safe soon and returned home to her family. If we are all worried sick, imagine how they feel.

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 14m
Investigators believe little Myra Lewis was kidnapped after a weekend search around her home turned up nothing.

https://twitter.com/radamsWJTV

They must have something else to point to abduction MOO Like you say, too many places a tiny child could be to call off the search.

I hope this is not another case where a relative who wants a child takes one from her own family. Maybe jealous since she just had a baby. IMO. Prayers they find this sweet beautiful little angel.

I wonder if they've brought in dogs & if so, what the dogs have indicated.

If, God forbid, a child of mine went missing, dogs are the first thing I would be asking for. It's a shame they're not put on every case out there.

Remember that little boy who went missing at home, but his dad had an auto shop right there? The boy was found deceased in the trunk of a car. I really think if LE had had the resources to use tracking dogs, they would have had a better chance of finding him alive. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for a link, without success, of FBI involvement on this case. I just heard it on the WLBT news noon report. I hope this is ok to say without a link. If not, feel free to remove. I'll keep looking for a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member