MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://onlinemadison.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=28341

3/26/2014 6:00:00 PM
Sheriff: Frustration mounts as leads run cold on 2-year-old
By MICHAEL SIMMONS
Madison County Journal

"We still have no idea where she is," he said. "I've never worked a case this puzzling."

Tucker said one possibility is that she was taken by someone and the kidnapper now believes they are over their head and don't know what to do next.

"I would like to think if she were killed we would have found the body or some evidence," he said. "And we haven't. I think she's alive. I think she's with somebody. I just can't tell you who it is."

I usually just read here but dont comment, but today I have a few questions.

Many people have mentioned that the father didnt know the mother was on probation for welfare fraud. To be honest, I dont find this terribly odd if for example, they got together after that arrest. Do we know when that arrest was and when they started dating/got married?

I realize that an arrest is a fairly big life event and being on probation as well, and most of us would have mentioned it to someone we plan to marry, but lets play devils advocate for a moment... I would imagine that mom was pretty embarrassed by this. I would also imagine that she felt she was doing all the right things by her probation and never expected her child to go missing and her life to be under a microscope. Again, this is all my opinion and playing devils advocate, but maybe (big maybe here) she didnt fully understand what was meant by not possessing weapons. MAYBE she thought it meant hand guns, assault rifles, things normally used to harm humans. MAYBE it was believed hunting rifles were not on the list. Im probably stretching and I know ignorance is not a defense but it can still be the truth.

I honestly dont have a clue what could have happened to Myra, but at this point, I'm not convinced the parents did anything intentionally wrong.

Any way, as I said earlier, I dont usually post, so mods, if I have done anything improper, please let me know or edit/remove my post.

Baby Myra, you are in my prayers :angel:

Welcome! I don't think we can sleuth when they got married because neither parent has been named a POI by LE. :)

Personally I don't understand a husband and wife keeping fraudulent acts a secret from each other. just moo

Welcome! I don't think we can sleuth when they got married because neither parent has been named a POI by LE. :)

Personally I don't understand a husband and wife keeping fraudulent acts a secret from each other. just moo

I'm 99% sure it was fact and even in MSM that they'd been together for a decade or more.
Most of the children have the same 2 parents and I could have sworn this was mentioned in MSM?
It was relevant because of comments and speculation about Myra being taken by a biological father.

I'm 99% sure it was fact and even in MSM that they'd been together for a decade or more.
Most of the children have the same 2 parents and I could have sworn this was mentioned in MSM?
It was relevant because of comments and speculation about Myra being taken by a biological father.

I remember reading in MSM someone something along the same lines. In an interview with Jane on HLN, Jame stated together the couple had 10 children. A friend of the mothers then said she has 7 children ranging in from 17 to the newborn baby. She didn't state if these were all GL's. My assumption is some of them are and some are not.

I am a bit confused about his comment about knowing about the Welfare charge conviction. I think I read that right. This charge and conviction happened last year, which is either around the time or before she would have gotten pregnant with the last baby. Right? I am assuming he is the dad of the newborn, so he would have been around then. How could he then not not know? Or do I have the dates wrong? If it is the year prior that would be when Myra was younger.

It is very difficult to hid an arrest, court dates, and a conviction from family...especially your husband.

I've given a lot of thought to the statement the dad made regarding those charges and conviction. Initially I thought that's baloney, how could you not know. But I suppose it is possible. That article where they interviewed the grandmother about the dogs, he was quoted in that article that he works a lot of hours. So if he was at work he may not be the one who checks the mail. It's possible he never saw any court papers or anything. If she was arrested she may have called someone else to bail her out without him knowing.

I don't know. I'm not sure if I believe him or not. But it is possible he didn't know. Personally I don't believe she has been honest with him or anyone about anything in a long time, if she was ever honest. JMO

Goodnight little mama, you and Relisha are thought of and loved by many,anyone of us would have been honored to be apart of your life! Blowing kisses and sending hugs your way.

Is it against TOS to post a video from a Parent of a missing child's Facebook? I just ran across it, and it is showing little Myra dancing at a parade...nothing negative..just her dancing.

That video is adorable isn't it? She is just an absolute cutiepie. So sad she is still out there somewhere and hasn't been found yet :(

Is it against TOS to post a video from a Parent of a missing child's Facebook? I just ran across it, and it is showing little Myra dancing at a parade...nothing negative..just her dancing.

I am pretty sure the mods said in a post on either this thread or the first one that since the parents are not named suspects or POI, we can only discuss what's in MSM and not discuss that FB. They stated if that changed, we can mention it.

But doesn't mean, we can't go look at cute Myra.

I'm pretty sure, we can post the face book of this missing. We just can't discuss the contents. Ask a mod first though. To be sure. :)

I am pretty sure the mods said in a post on either this thread or the first one that since the parents are not named suspects or POI, we can only discuss what's in MSM and not discuss that FB. They stated if that changed, we can mention it.

But doesn't mean, we can't go look at cute Myra.

Wow U guys are strong! I don't think I could bear to watch that. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm sure U know what I mean.

One of the very first things I do each day is brace myself--just in case--and look on here for news about Myra.

I'm pretty sure, we can post the face book of this missing. We just can't discuss the contents. Ask a mod first though. To be sure. :)

This is the TOS for Social media.

Social Networks

"Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!"

It says you can't post to someone's Mother, just because they know the main player. The main player here would be Myra.

From my experience on other pages involving children, I have been told, the child's page can be used and the POI or suspect...not any families members, unless they are the POI or suspects. I am following another missing child case and we were not allowed to mention the mothers facebook page or link it until management decided she was a suspect and it could be discussed in the parking lot. Prior to that anytime it was linked, it was deleted.

It is possible that the rules for this case have changed like they did for the othe other one, because every case on here is different.

Mod, can you shed any light?

Wow U guys are strong! I don't think I could bear to watch that. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm sure U know what I mean.

One of the very first things I do each day is brace myself--just in case--and look on here for news about Myra.

It's ok Kelly. I don't watch those videos either. I can only take what I can take and it would be much harder .

This is the TOS for Social media.

Social Networks

"Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!"

It says you can't post to someone's Mother, just because they know the main player. The main player here would be Myra.

From my experience on other pages involving children, I have been told, the child's page can be used and the POI or suspect...not any families members, unless they are the POI or suspects. I am following another missing child case and we were not allowed to mention the mothers facebook page or link it until management decided she was a suspect and it could be discussed in the parking lot. Prior to that anytime it was linked, it was deleted.

It is possible that the rules for this case have changed like they did for the othe other one, because every case on here is different.

Mod, can you shed any light?

You can post the FB of the missing but remember anything posted by others on that page is rumor. Don't bring any drama over...

:seeya:

You can post the FB of the missing but remember anything posted by others on that page is rumor. Don't bring any drama over...

:seeya:

It's being asked if the Myra's mothers page can be posted. Here is the initial post and question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas