MS MS - Olive Branch, WhtFem 20-40, UP8675, smoker, nail biter, tatts, surgical scar, Jan'85 - Lorie Ann Mealer Pennell

Can't drag the picture here (one of these days I'll get this laptop fixed!) but what about Melinda Creech? It looks like Namus revised the age to 20-35. This would put Melinda at the low end of that in 1985....

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/creech_melinda.html

Wow. I think Melinda really looks like the morgue photo of JD, especially in the two far left pics. She went missing in 1979 but it sounds like she was a runaway and could have led a transient lifestyle.

Pros:
She had pierced ears
She had previously fractured her lower arm; JD had a surgical scar on her forearm
Height and weight are right on
Olive Branch looks like a relatively straight shot on major highways, which could work if she hitchhiked.

Cons:
At lowest end of age range
Listed as Hispanic--would an ME be able to tell if JD had Hispanic heritage?
Acc to Namus, JD had her tubes tied, which seems unlikely for a 19 yr old.
MC had blue eyes. JD had either brown or gray, but blue and gray can be similar

I've seen Melinda Creech's name come up so many times in comparison to various Jane Doe's that I don't give it much thought.

But she really does look like this Jane Doe. My recon almost looks like an age progression for Melinda. She even has the same high #10 tooth.

82bf0d0d-4eb8-4db0-ab3f-894e40eb3935.jpg
b0961e22-c03e-4f56-9bc0-20da4ba9d704.jpg

It says that they have DNA and dentals on Melinda, but it doesn't look like they have either DNA or full dentals on this Jane Doe.

I've seen Melinda Creech's name come up so many times in comparison to various Jane Doe's that I don't give it much thought.

But she really does look like this Jane Doe. My recon almost looks like an age progression for Melinda. She even has the same high #10 tooth.

b0961e22-c03e-4f56-9bc0-20da4ba9d704.jpg

It says that they have DNA and dentals on Melinda, but it doesn't look like they have either DNA or full dentals on this Jane Doe.

I think the morgue profile shot looks a lot like her, as does your great recon.

This Doe has been mentioned in the MC thread here on WS, too. Her family had a website on Geocities dedicated to finding her, but it's not clear if this possible match was ever raised with them.

Silly question, Carl: How do they do rule outs with this Doe (there are several and MC isn't one of them) if there's no DNA or dental info?

Silly question, Carl: How do they do rule outs with this Doe (there are several and MC isn't one of them) if there's no DNA or dental info?

It's not a silly question. Maybe fingerprints. But probably by things like tattoos (on the MP, but not on the UID), vital stats, or just by eyeball.

I saw this new listing for Marguerite Ellen O'Brien, and immediately thought of Olive Branch Jane Doe.

Marguerite Ellen O'Brien
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25552/0

adb989d7-7cc7-4502-8d76-7e98b9b03ec1.jpg

The timeline is even pretty close.

But too many discrepancies. She is way too tall, and She doesn't have that crooked #10 tooth.

There sure is a darn good resemblance though.

I think the morgue profile shot looks a lot like her, as does your great recon.

This Doe has been mentioned in the MC thread here on WS, too. Her family had a website on Geocities dedicated to finding her, but it's not clear if this possible match was ever raised with them.

bump this up, was it ever turned in? the teeth look so close. shes still not ruled out on namus.

I've been thinking about her often lately. She was found in the same state I live in and I would really like to see her identified.

I believe I have located a match for the 1985 Olive Branch Jane Doe. Features are strong, but I am awaiting some type of confirmation from the local authorities. I have notified all local and state officials, as well as some international offices, regarding my case, and there seems to be much support for it. I believe our 1985 Olive Branch Jane Doe is an Australian lass by the name of Kay Docherty, who when missing in 1979 from her home in Australia. The common story was that she and a friend of hers (who also went missing at the same time) was probably killed by a known serial murderer, but to date, no bodies have been found. Given the color of our Jane Doe's hair, duel shade of Auburn, I felt she had a strong case of being either Scottish or Irish. So, I begin looking at the countries where the Scots/Irish were of a significant population, and it was in Australia that I located a picture of Kay Docherty, and the similarities are striking. The shade patching of the hair, the nose, the teeth, the facial symmetry, the mouth/lip area. If this is not her, its the best doppelganger I have come across. Thirty years is a long time, and I have since learned, Kay's Mother has since passed away, and she was from Scotland, so this one is personal to me, for Scotland is the land of my ancestors. I would enjoy seeing her being able to return home to Australia, as I think she has a brother still living.

Kay D.jpgimage_large.jpg

I have pondered if the post-mortem pic of the 1985 Jane Doe, may have been reversed at some point in time. The reason I say that is because it shows bruising on the right side of her face, meaning she would have been struck by a "left-handed" individual. Because the chances would be greater of her being struck by a right handed individual, I flipped the post-mortem image, and now the bruising is on the left side of her face. If your looking at a frontal view of the face, the bruising will appear on your right, but it is on the left side of her face. I used (GIMP) to superimpose Kay Docherty's face to our Jane Doe, and both the eyes and nose fell into line perfectly, even the bottom eyelid where the damage is evident. She also has damage to the mouth area, and very possibly, the jaw is broken or dislocated. I am getting a "Shadowing" of her mouth, Kay's on top, the Jane Doe's underneath, but the positioning and the gap in the teeth are identical in position. The picture of Kay was taken with her head at an angle, tilted a bit, but GIMP permitted me to straighten it up. The Jane Doe appears to have her head raised, given the position of her ears, so due to the angle of the superimposition, it could be off a bit, but the center mask (Eyes and Nose) are as close to exact as a pic can be.

kay and jane doe 1985.png

Just wondering..why would she be around Olive Branch? I lived in MS Delta for a long time, it's off the beaten track unless you're a sanctified old blues enthusiast.-

Following someone she was attracted to?

Also, it's probably a cheap place to live, which one imagines would be important to someone who probably didn't have a lot of employment opportunities. Not to mention that if you're frequently homeless, you probably want to be somewhere warm.

An isotopic analysis would be useful.

Anyone suggest Brenda Cecelia Crowley?

attachment.php

Attachments

• BCrowley4.jpg
    BCrowley4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 267

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors