Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

Hello there, everyone! As a member of Redgrave Research Forensic Services, we are extraordinarily proud to have had the privilege of being the genealogists to have worked on Alisha’s case and return her name. Everyone who worked with Alisha treated her with the utmost respect, care, and love throughout our research. Looking at her and her mother's photos is a surreal experience... but I have had nights where I look and weep for them. The events that befell Alisha and Gwendolyn are a tragedy. These two had their lives cut short, one of them before they truly began to even experience life.

We extend our sincerest thoughts and condolences to their family, as well the community of Pascagoula, Mississippi, to have honored Alisha’s legacy and keeping her in their care the decades since her discovery. The Jackson County Sheriff's Department has exhausted so many efforts over the years to uncover who she was, and today's news hopefully can bring some closure to those who have worked on the case in previous years.

Sadly, also would like to state that Gwendolyn, Alisha's mother, remains a missing person and has not yet been recovered. We must continue to look for her so that she can be reunited with her family, just as her daughter. Gwendolyn went missing from Kansas City, Missouri on November 24th, 1982. She was 23 years old; standing at an estimated 5’2” to 5’8”, weighing 105 to 135 pounds, with hazel eyes and strawberry blonde hair. Anyone with any information about her disappearance should contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (228) 769-3024.

Hello there, everyone! As a member of Redgrave Research Forensic Services, we are extraordinarily proud to have had the privilege of being the genealogists to have worked on Alisha’s case and return her name. Everyone who worked with Alisha treated her with the utmost respect, care, and love throughout our research. Looking at her and her mother's photos is a surreal experience... but I have had nights where I look and weep for them. The events that befell Alisha and Gwendolyn are a tragedy. These two had their lives cut short, one of them before they truly began to even experience life.

We extend our sincerest thoughts and condolences to their family, as well the community of Pascagoula, Mississippi, to have honored Alisha’s legacy and keeping her in their care the decades since her discovery. The Jackson County Sheriff's Department has exhausted so many efforts over the years to uncover who she was, and today's news hopefully can bring some closure to those who have worked on the case in previous years.

Sadly, also would like to state that Gwendolyn, Alisha's mother, remains a missing person and has not yet been recovered. We must continue to look for her so that she can be reunited with her family, just as her daughter. Gwendolyn went missing from Kansas City, Missouri on November 24th, 1982. She was 23 years old; standing at an estimated 5’2” to 5’8”, weighing 105 to 135 pounds, with hazel eyes and strawberry blonde hair. Anyone with any information about her disappearance should contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (228) 769-3024.

How wonderful that this little one has her name back! Thank you for all the hard work you all and @othram do!!

At last, Baby Jane has her name. Our names are the one true identity marker belonging only to us. After all is said and done, even after we leave this earth, our names remain. I’m so impressed with the professional members posting in this thread. I feel honored to witness the excitement and pride revealed in your bittersweet announcements. I want to say so much to y’all. Words fail me at the moment...

Link to press conference in case anyone missed it:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back