MS MS - Robert Alexander Easterling, 30, Pickens, Holmes Co, 20 Apr 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
HOLMES CO., Miss. (WLBT) - The Holmes County Sheriff’s Department needs your help locating missing 30-year-old Robert Alexander Easterling.

Easterling was last seen on Wednesday, April 20, on Stockyard Road located in Pickens, Miss., wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and military dress-type boots.

If anyone has information, contact the Holmes County Sheriff’s Department Crime Stoppers at (662) 834-0099 or Holmes County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 834-1511.

279226745_297010125951208_5020679329073122653_n.jpg

Holmes County Sheriff’s Department searching for missing 30-year-old man

SBBM
Mississippi Holmes County Sheriff Office
THE HOLMES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT NEEDS YOUR HELP IN THE MISSING OF 30 YEAR OLD ROBERT ALEXANDER EASTERLING . ROBERT A. EASTERLING IS A HOLMES COUNTY NATIVE . ROBERT EASTERLING IS DESCRIBED AS A WHITE MALE STANDING AT APPROXIMATELY 5’-9” /165 POUNDS ,GREEN/HAZEL COLORED EYES . EASTERLING WAS LAST SEEN WEARING BLUE JEANS ,BLACK T SHIRT AND MILITARY TYPE DESERT BOOTS.

ROBERT EASTERLING WAS LAST SEEN ON WEDNESDAY APRIL 20,2022 ON STOCKYARD ROAD IN (HOLMES COUNTY) PICKENS, MISSISSIPPI .

IF ANYONE SEEN OR KNOW THE WHEREABOUTS OF ROBERT EASTERLINGS PLEASE CALL THE HOLMES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT CRIMESTOPPERS HOTLINE AT (662) 834-0099 ( CALLS ARE ANONYMOUS )OR THE HOLMES SHERIFF DEPARTMENT NUMBER (662) 834-1511

A $10,000 reward has been offered by the family.

Easterling was dropped off at an acquaintance’s house and has not been seen or heard from since. “He asked me to text him when I got home so that he would know that I arrived safely. I tried to text and call him several times but I didn’t receive a response”, his mother, Ashley Martin said. “By the next morning, when I had not heard from him, I knew something was wrong.”

I am self-alerting a mod for approval due to the news outlet. It is a rural area without any local news outlets so it is much like others that have been approved on a case-by-case basis.
E7D957C9-68FA-420F-9896-EE88F1A340EE.jpeg

The latest news in this case as of today.

After learning how to analyze cell phone data from a law enforcement friend, his mother says she’s got a terrible gut feeling.

Her data research seems to show Alex on the porch of the friend’s home, and then, just minutes later, it appears to be still for good.

SBM from the link:

“He ran off the back porch, fell down flat, and the very next phone ping that shows up is at 12:23 a.m., and it’s across the street...” she described. “This is the property where we were, and this is the phone ping.”

Several professional search teams with dogs came in, but after granting them access to his property, the homeowner revoked it.
#

Why would the homeowner revoke permission after agreeing to a search? o_O:confused:

I thought the exact same thing. I would also love to know why the local SO doesn't look at the data she is looking at and get a search warrant. Not the best jurisdiction to go missing in if you want an investigation done.

I am confused by the wording. What does she mean: “He ran off the back porch, fell down flat, and the very next phone ping that shows up is at 12:23 a.m., and it’s across the street...” she described. “This is the property where we were, and this is the phone ping.”???

Would a phone ping be able to be that accurate? It can tell you someone was running and fell?

I am confused by the wording. What does she mean: “He ran off the back porch, fell down flat, and the very next phone ping that shows up is at 12:23 a.m., and it’s across the street...” she described. “This is the property where we were, and this is the phone ping.”???

Would a phone ping be able to be that accurate? It can tell you someone was running and fell?
Yes, I was also curious how she could tell he fell down, or if it was just a colorful phrase meaning his motion went still, or what. And regardless... I'm no expert, but I don't think it would be precise enough to tell either of those things...

Yes, I was also curious how she could tell he fell down, or if it was just a colorful phrase meaning his motion went still, or what. And regardless... I'm no expert, but I don't think it would be precise enough to tell either of those things...
Yea, I don't think that's an actual thing so maybe it was just her way of saying "he was moving but then stopped." This is a crazy story though. I hope they find and he is ok...but it doesn't sound like that will be the outcome.

Did anyone notice in this linked news article that not once is the man's name mentioned?

I followed the reporter, TA, yrs ago during the trial for the immolation of Jessica Chambers in Panola, Co, MS so I'm taken aback that Alex's name is not mentioned.

His name is Robert Alexander Easterling.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that will lead to finding Alex and arrest of persons involved. Call: State Crime Stoppers at 1-888-827-4637

Stockyard Rd appears to have only 3 or 4 possible locations to stop.
Stockyard Rd · Pickens, MS 39146

Last edited:
I thought the exact same thing. I would also love to know why the local SO doesn't look at the data she is looking at and get a search warrant. Not the best jurisdiction to go missing in if you want an investigation done.

It is not illegal to go missing. The Sheriff would need proof of Probable Cause that a crime was committed in order for a Judge to sign a search warrant.

I watched a YT video earlier where a PI was being interviewed re: another case. The PI mentioned he has been hired for this MP. That is what brought me here. JMHOO

MOO

Holmes County Sheriff Willie March says in the video they'd like to get a statement from Alex's "friend" about what happened but the person refused and has since lawyered up.

Holmes County family wants answers after man’s disappearance
*Video at link*
23 May 2022
SBM
The friend in question is considered a person of interest in the missing persons case.

It is not illegal to go missing. The Sheriff would need proof of Probable Cause that a crime was committed in order for a Judge to sign a search warrant.

I watched a YT video earlier where a PI was being interviewed re: another case. The PI mentioned he has been hired for this MP. That is what brought me here. JMHOO

MOO
This SO is notorious for doing nothing. I am very pro LE, but this jurisdiction is not where you want to go missing. I live within about 90 minutes drive from there and know how my local SO has searched for a missing young man of about the same age. No luck in finding him, but they started searching immediately pulled out everything they had to try to locate him.

Did anyone notice in this linked news article that not once is the man's name mentioned?

I followed the reporter, TA, yrs ago during the trial for the immolation of Jessica Chambers in Panola, Co, MS so I'm taken aback that Alex's name is not mentioned.

His name is Robert Alexander Easterling.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that will lead to finding Alex and arrest of persons involved. Call: State Crime Stoppers at 1-888-827-4637

Stockyard Rd appears to have only 3 or 4 possible locations to stop.
Stockyard Rd · Pickens, MS 39146
They do mention his name as Alex several times in the article and in the audio version. If he goes by Alex, then that is the best way to get any of his known contacts' attention. I have grown up using my middle name and not one person would know it was me if they used my first name.

The video report begins by saying,
"It's been a month since Ashley Martin has filed a MP report on her son, Alex"
The first sentence in the news report says the same thing.

His name is Alex Easterling; not Alex Martin.

I stand by my OP.

Search continues for missing Pickens man: ‘I just want him home’

That's fine but you have to remember this is an extremely rural area and this search isn't going to go outside the boundaries of that county. You can bet that the ones that need to know ALREADY know. Therese is a fantastic reporter and huge help to our LE. She works tirelessly on these cases and is honestly, much more than just a reporter.

That's fine but you have to remember this is an extremely rural area and this search isn't going to go outside the boundaries of that county. You can bet that the ones that need to know ALREADY know. Therese is a fantastic reporter and huge help to our LE. She works tirelessly on these cases and is honestly, much more than just a reporter.

I do hope the family does not give up on finding their loved one bc you feel it may be futile.

I've already mentioned that I know who the Investigative Reporter TA is as I followed the Jessica Chambers immolation murder and subsequent trial.

Also, there's another MP, Jessica Stacks, from a rural area, in Union Co., MS, that I follow. Her boyfriend and the Sheriff are apparently connected since the story the bf gives is utter nonsense. imo

MS - MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Perhaps the search for Alex needs not to go outside the boundaries of Holmes Co. His mother states his phone last pinged across the street from where she dropped him off. The owners of that property will not allow it to be searched for reasons unknown to me.

On May 5, Mr. Easterling's family offered a reward of $10k for "A-1", as those in the community call Alex, when Sheriff Willie March communicated that the Holmes County Crime stoppers would not publish a reward. How ultimately dreadful that Sheriff's communication is.

His mother picked Alex up at jail the day he went missing. He was arrested in Feb 2022 for Grand Larceny. That's when stolen property is valued at more than $1000. Who knows why this nice looking young father needed to steal property?

Robert Alexander Easterling | Arrested on Feb. 17, 2022

I do hope the family does not give up on finding their loved one bc you feel it may be futile.

I've already mentioned that I know who the Investigative Reporter TA is as I followed the Jessica Chambers immolation murder and subsequent trial.

Also, there's another MP, Jessica Stacks, from a rural area, in Union Co., MS, that I follow. Her boyfriend and the Sheriff are apparently connected since the story the bf gives is utter nonsense. imo

MS - MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Perhaps the search for Alex needs not to go outside the boundaries of Holmes Co. His mother states his phone last pinged across the street from where she dropped him off. The owners of that property will not allow it to be searched for reasons unknown to me.

On May 5, Mr. Easterling's family offered a reward of $10k for "A-1", as those in the community call Alex, when Sheriff Willie March communicated that the Holmes County Crime stoppers would not publish a reward. How ultimately dreadful that Sheriff's communication is.

His mother picked Alex up at jail the day he went missing. He was arrested in Feb 2022 for Grand Larceny. That's when stolen property is valued at more than $1000. Who knows why this nice looking young father needed to steal property?

Robert Alexander Easterling | Arrested on Feb. 17, 2022
I in no way said the search was futile and that the family should give up. Are you a local? There may be some miscommunication here due to understanding this case from a different perspective. I also follow Jessica Stacks case and have since the very beginning. I follow all of the MP cases in my state. I also understand the different personalities that hold some of the the offices of sheriff in my state, as well, and understand the reputation of this SO. I would not want to go missing in that jurisdiction. I am fortunate to have an outstanding SO where I live and our community is all the safer for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back