Found Deceased MS- Robert D. Williams, 34, Jackson, 16 Feb 2019 *Vehicle Located*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Feb 18, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    JACKSON, MS (WLBT) - Jackson police are searching for a missing 34-year-old man.

Robert D. Williams is described as a black man, approximately five-feet-nine-inches tall, weighing approximately 140 pounds.

Williams was in town to visit family and had left Jackson on February 16, going to visit a friend in Byram.

His vehicle was located in Raymond in the early hours of Monday.

According to police, there is no reason to believe Williams is in any immediate danger, but his family is concerned.

Anyone who knows the whereabouts of Robert D. Williams is asked to call the Jackson Police Department at 601-960-1234.

Police searching for missing man whose vehicle was found in Raymond

2. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

cybervampira and GarAndTeed like this.
  3. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

There isn't much on him on the net. I hope he's OK.

4. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

With a common name like that, it could be tough to find much online. Raymond looks very rural. It sounds like he went to visit a friend on Saturday. The car was found early Monday. I'm thinking that sounds like an abandoned vehicle. Perhaps it broke down and he just left it.

5. CluelessWonder

Well, a body was found on Owens Road in Terry. This is just a few miles south of where his car was found and about midway between where he was going to meet his "friend." The body was found under a bridge, the story says. But I looked closely at that road in Google Maps. The closest thing to a bridge is a spot at about 2698 Owens Road. I guess you could call it a bridge. It's really only a car length long and probably no more than five feet above area it passes over. It looks like the road just passes over a low spot where water may run off under the road during rainy times. I don't know if it's Robert. But it may be. The story says they are checking to see if it's a missing person from Jackson.

Man’s body found under bridge on Owens Road in Terry

6. CluelessWonder

At 3077 Owens Road, there is a slightly wider expanse of road over a low area. This seems like the more likely spot since the story refers to it being close to Springridge Road. No matter which spot it is, this is not the kind of place where someone might jump. The body must have been placed there.

7. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators