MS - Royalty Marie Floyd, 20 months, stabbed, found burned in oven, Shaw, 15 Oct 2018 *ARREST*

Jones made an initial appearance Tuesday evening before a judge, who set bail at $500,000. Jones remained jailed and it wasn’t immediately clear if she had a lawyer who could speak for her.

Sheriff’s officials said Floyd lived with Jones while Floyd’s mother lived elsewhere.

Williams said Jones’ brother found the body Monday night and called police in Shaw, a town of about 2,000 people approximately 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of Jackson. Police in turn called the sheriff’s office and others for assistance.
The child was found inside a beige frame house in the north end of Shaw. Police tape still surrounded part of the house Tuesday morning, while a stroller, a high chair, and a trash barrel of toys including a scooter sat near the curb in front of the house. Williams said those toys had belonged to the child.

Neighbors said they rarely saw anyone coming in and out of the home.

“It’s a baby. It’s an innocent child. She didn’t ask to be here,” neighbor Tomorrow Williams told WMC-TV.
Grandmother of Mississippi baby burned and killed in oven charged with murder

Jones made an initial appearance Tuesday evening before a judge, who set bail at $500,000. Jones remained jailed and it wasn’t immediately clear if she had a lawyer who could speak for her.

Sheriff’s officials said Floyd lived with Jones while Floyd’s mother lived elsewhere.

Williams said Jones’ brother found the body Monday night and called police in Shaw, a town of about 2,000 people approximately 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of Jackson. Police in turn called the sheriff’s office and others for assistance.
The child was found inside a beige frame house in the north end of Shaw. Police tape still surrounded part of the house Tuesday morning, while a stroller, a high chair, and a trash barrel of toys including a scooter sat near the curb in front of the house. Williams said those toys had belonged to the child.

Neighbors said they rarely saw anyone coming in and out of the home.

“It’s a baby. It’s an innocent child. She didn’t ask to be here,” neighbor Tomorrow Williams told WMC-TV.
Grandmother of Mississippi baby burned and killed in oven charged with murder

I really wanted to close my eyes and wake up to this not being real. I guess I am too old for that kind of thinking. I just can't deal with this. At all.

Linked in the dictionary with the term "macabre."

The South itself is a dire place, deep and dark. And the Delta? Hoooo, child.

The Delta is most definitely a very different kind of place and the good people there are hurting over this. Respectfully, please do not use this brush to paint an entire geographic area. This case is horrific enough to see on the local news right now. Good, bad, ugly and evil reside everywhere have I have ever lived.

Ohmygoddddddd. I can't stand people!!!!

She was so gorgeous. So gorgeous. Big bright eyes. <3 <3

Did I miss something? Why did the grandmother have her?

I hope more comes out about this. Had she shown signs of not being able to handle the baby? What's the reason she did it? Good grief. Not that any reason is good enough.

IMO, she's too young for dementia/alzheimers. So I'm throwing that excuse out the window, personally.

News reports last night stated that there had been no prior history with any local authorities. The child's mother also stated that this was not at all normal for her mother and that her mother loved the child. Something obviously changed. I am wondering about drugs , meth & spice come to mind. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

What a cutie!

Royalty.jpg

RIP Royalty Marie
rose-smiley.gif

Mother of the Baby Girl Who Was Stabbed and Then Put in Hot Oven Speaks Out About Her Heartbreak

"The mother of Royalty Floyd, the Mississippi toddler who was allegedly stabbed and then placed into a hot oven by her grandmother on Monday, is speaking out about her 20-month-old daughter’s tragic death.

“Royalty Marie Floyd was the best thing that ever happened to me. My first love,” Veronica Jones wrote on Facebook Tuesday.

“The hardest thing that I ever had to go through in my life. My heart has been ripped from my chest,” Veronica continued.

However, Veronica defended her own mother who has been accused of the heinous crime.

“I’m being told that my mother stabbed my daughter and baked her in the oven but my mother loved my daughter. She always treated Royalty like Royalty and everybody that knows us know [sic] that.”..."

Mother of the Baby Girl Who Was Stabbed and Then Put in Hot Oven Speaks Out About Her Heartbreak

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But why are that babys toys already in the trash on the curb? I don't think I would be able to do that at all.

I wonder if the grandmother put those things out there before she murdered Royalty, or while Royalty was in the oven (ugh, that's such a sad thing to write)? She knew they wouldn't need them once she was finished, so maybe she wanted them out of the way? Since police tape is surrounding part of the house, I wonder if they were there when the crime happened and haven't been brought back inside because it's a crime scene, and/or for sanitary reasons - if they'd been outside for a while, they'd need to be cleaned, and that might be too distressing for the family, knowing Royalty won't be able to use those things again.

@MicheleT - do you have access to Mississippi court site? just wondering when the next court date might be? :)

TIA!

@Niner I probably do have access, but can't find a website for Bolivar County that has a court scheduled or a docket search. If you have one, let me know.

I’ll be interested to know if there were drugs involved. There is some scary stuff out there and I have heard of psychotic reactions. The ones I personally know of came about after smoking pot that was likely laced with something “extra”. I could be way off base here, but it's the first thing that came to my mind once I heard initial reports of no history with LE. Sick, scary and just an overall lack of humanity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back