MS - Teenage boy Corion Evans rescues 3 girls and officer, Moss Point, 6 Jul 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
When a car drove off of an 1-10 boat launch, in Moss Point, Mississippi, a teenager went into the Pascagoula River to rescue four people.

The vehicle went several feet into the river prior to sinking. Three teen girls were inside of the car.

16-year-old Corion Evans stated that he observed the accident and didn’t want the girls to lose their lives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/07/mississippi-teen-water-rescue/

Last edited by a moderator:
When a car drove off of an 1-10 boat launch, in Moss Point, Mississippi, a teenager went into the Pascagoula River to rescue four people.

The vehicle went several feet into the river prior to sinking. Three teen girls were inside of the car.

16-year-old Corion Evans stated that he observed the accident and didn’t want the girls to lose their lives.
What a hero!

Last edited by a moderator:

More at Teenage Boy Rescues 3 Girls And Officer After Their Vehicle Plunges Into River - SmashDaTopic

I'll alert an admin to see if we can get Corion Evans' name in the header, instead of just "a teenage boy". He deserves the accolades!

Last edited:
I saw a tweet that showed this young hero, at an official local ceremony, receiving an award from the chief of police. It was a young heroism award.

I am hoping that the community or private foundation or someone offers him a scholarship to the police academy or fire department or the college of his choice, or a good job, because he is obviously worthy of the investment.

I saw a tweet that showed this young hero, at an official local ceremony, receiving an award from the chief of police. It was a young heroism award.

I am hoping that the community or private foundation or someone offers him a scholarship to the police academy or fire department or the college of his choice, or a good job, because he is obviously worthy of the investment.

Absolutely!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/07/mississippi-teen-water-rescue/
This boy is amazing! I saw his interview on The Today Show (I think?) and he is just such a great guy.

On a side note, it's funny (but not funny at the same time), that the driver driver drove straight into the river while following her GPS. Remember the old commercial where the driver is following their GPS directions and drives through a glass storefront when the directions said, "Turn left" only to be followed a second later by "in 50 feet".

This past October my 20 y/o daughter was taking her horse from NJ to TN for a competition. I was following her so we would have two vehicles there. We were driving down the interstate in WV when she puts on her blinker and turns right onto a really narrow side road. I thought maybe she was pulling off to give her horse a drink or something, but she kept driving. The road was technically a 2-lane road (1 in each direction), but was really only a 1 1/2 lane road, with no shoulder (the white line was literally on the edge of the road, where going over by an inch would mean you were in the ditch). The road went up and down hills and around many blind curves. There wasn't any other traffic on the road and I wanted to call her to tell her to drive down the center of the road rather than risk the horse trailer going into the ditch, but I was so afraid that she would drift over the edge while trying to answer her phone, so all I could do was hold my breath and pray that the road would open up into a better road ASAP. After several miles, there was a directional sign putting us right back on the interstate we had left! When I asked her why she turned off the interstate in the first place she said, "because that's what my GPS said"! OMG! Smart phones make us stupid, I swear!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back