MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
This thread is for MSM coverage of this case published today, Nov. 12, 2011.

Please keep discussion to a minimum, and take extended conversation to a new or existing thread.

Hoping that today is the day Baby Lisa is found safe! :heartbeat:

This is part of what makes me so mad, the article had one quote that used the word nasty "The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...post-pictures-cakes-online.html#ixzz1dWFql4Fj

No where did the parents say the police were nasty! They're lawyer said they dealt with nasty questioning.......Unless I missed something that is not the same thing has calling the police nasty. The media needs to report the facts and stop confusing people just to make headlines.

This is part of what makes me so mad, the article had one quote that used the word nasty "The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...post-pictures-cakes-online.html#ixzz1dWFql4Fj

No where did the parents say the police were nasty! They're lawyer said they dealt with nasty questioning.......Unless I missed something that is not the same thing has calling the police nasty. The media needs to report the facts and stop confusing people just to make headlines.
Thank you! I am convinced the media is the making this the circus it has become. So many of the articles and newscasts have a sensational headline, then when you get right down to it, there's nothing to support the title.

Well it IS the parents attorney, who REPRESENTS the PARENTS. If they don't want to speak for themselves, they get this.............they chose this route.

Well it IS the parents attorney, who REPRESENTS the PARENTS. If they don't want to speak for themselves, they get this.............they chose this route.

The Attorney never said the cops were nasty he said the questions they asked were nasty imo that is a big difference! The article misrepresented what was said for headlines, the media has done that throughout the case its a big reason why there is so much confusion.

The Attorney never said the cops were nasty he said the questions they asked were nasty imo that is a big difference! The article misrepresented what was said for headlines, the media has done that throughout the case its a big reason why there is so much confusion.

My bolding

No, the article didn't. The article stated exactly what you're saying. :waitasec:

"The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Further down the article, Did Picerno say this?

"Picerno reiterated that Bradley and Irwin would not be questioned by police separately, saying he didn't want them to be 'subjected to interrogation techniques.' He said previous questioning 'got nasty.'"

My bolding

No, the article didn't. The article stated exactly what you're saying. :waitasec:

"The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

"Picerno reiterated that Bradley and Irwin would not be questioned by police separately, saying he didn't want them to be 'subjected to interrogation techniques.' He said previous questioning 'got nasty.'"

Semantics. He said the questioning was nasty, not the officers themselves.

That type of journalism is usually called sensationalism. They all do it.

My bolding

The article headline has the phrase "parents hit out at 'nasty' police. I don't see that at all in the
article itself. So is the headline misleading?

This thread is for MSM coverage of this case published today, Nov. 12, 2011.

Please keep discussion to a minimum, and take extended conversation to a new or existing thread.

Hoping that today is the day Baby Lisa is found safe! :heartbeat:

:seeya:

let's please move along on the use of the word nasty... thanks

Thank you! I am convinced the media is the making this the circus it has become. So many of the articles and newscasts have a sensational headline, then when you get right down to it, there's nothing to support the title.

Moo the media didn't make this a circus.
The parents did.
Complete strangers made cakes for Lisa. Nothing warms the heart like love and thoughtfulness.
Thanks for the link.

Semantics. He said the questioning was nasty, not the officers themselves.

That type of journalism is usually called sensationalism. They all do it.

HUH? That's what I'm saying. The article says the questioning was nasty, not the police.

Where in the article does it state that Picerno said that the officers were nasty? :waitasec:

If this case got rid of the Lawyers and the media just printed facts....this case might just move along to the discovery of where Lisa might be! JMO

SPIN, SPIN, SPIN...:panic:

SUSPICIOUS MINDS

THE PARENTS/LAWYERS VERSION
The parents of missing Missouri baby Lisa Irwin are considered suspects by police investigating the girl's disappearance, the family's attorney said.

"Oh, they've told them as much ... sure. Debbie in particular," Picerno said Friday, as the family marked what would be Lisa Irwin's first birthday.

LE'S VERSION
The Kansas City Police Department quickly denied his claims, telling FOX News that the parents have not been told they are suspects.

"We have no suspects in the case," police spokeswoman Stacey Graves confirmed in an email.

==============================================================

WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!

THE PARENTS/LAWYERS VERSION
Lisa Irwin's two half-brothers were interviewed Thursday for a second time by investigators trying to piece together clues about her Oct. 4 disappearance from her crib at the family's Kansas City home.

Picerno said the delay in re-interviewing the brothers had nothing to do with his clients, but was instead because the FBI had "scheduling conflicts."

LE'S VERSION
(yllek) The boys' interviews had already been scheduled and then cancelled by the parents' lawyers. This seems to be supported by Tacopina cancelling the interviews a day before they were scheduled to take place, along with the simultaneously canned Cyndi Short saying if she had her way, the boys' interviews would never be rescheduled.

(Personally, I do not believe it was an FBI scheduling issue that delayed the boys being re-interviewed for weeks, but jmo...)

Reference:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpps/ne...told-are-suspects-dpgonc-km-20111112_15922652

Picerno said the delay in re-interviewing the brothers had nothing to do with his clients, but was instead because the FBI had "scheduling conflicts."

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpps/ne...told-are-suspects-dpgonc-km-20111112_15922652

WHY WHY WHY do they have so many conflicting reports....

Kansas City police say Joe Tacopina, attorney for Lisa Irwin’s family, has canceled an interview with Lisa’s half-brothers.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-with-lisa-irwins-half-brothers#ixzz1dXCqM4S5

there were numerous earlier reports of DB stating that she would not allow the interviews because she said they didn't want the boys to be traumatized by investigators

WHY WHY WHY do they have so many conflicting reports....

Kansas City police say Joe Tacopina, attorney for Lisa Irwin’s family, has canceled an interview with Lisa’s half-brothers.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-with-lisa-irwins-half-brothers#ixzz1dXCqM4S5

there were numerous earlier reports of DB stating that she would not allow the interviews because she said they didn't want the boys to be traumatized by investigators

BBM = reports of DB saying or reporting that DB said?? Have we ever heard her say that herself? I know that some people think the lawyers are just willy nilly saying anything they want, but are they really going to blame the FBI for having delayed the interview if it weren't true? I think the 'interviewer' that both parties agreed upon had a full schedule. I think that JT did cancel the original second interview, but did agree to a new one with that particular woman. I think this had been arranged long before we were aware it was happening, with good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong