MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If vinnie covers it and not whole time on conrad trial around 4.00 est. any HLN shows this evening. moo

If the jury comes to a decision on Conrad before then, Vinnie and other HLN shows will probably be covering that instead.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Whether dead or alive she needs to be found and the rightful person should be tried. What I was meaning to say was if LE, FBI etc. threatened that they were going to stop the search, then maybe the parents would decide they had better cooperate. I was just so mad when I was typing it that I couldn't get my point across in a very good manner.

But if the parents are guilty and aren't cooperating so Lisa's remains can't be located wouldn't LE stopping searching actually aid the parents? They'll spin it as though LE can't be bothered and the Bradley/Irwin clan were right about big, bad LE having tunnel vision the whole time.

JMO

Has there ever been a case before where mom and dad never actively was out searching? I have never seen them out helping, looking. Maybe parents don't do that?

yes. kyron horman's parents did not actively go out to search for their child.

Has there ever been a case before where mom and dad never actively was out searching? I have never seen them out helping, looking. Maybe parents don't do that?

LE generally does not want parents out searching.

But parents generally do other things, like pass out/hang up flyers, meet with media; if there are volunteer searches, they usually help at the main command center, hand out water, thank volunteers.

One case that immediately comes to mind is Hailey Dunn. Her mother mostly just sat at home on her couch. Her favorite topic with the media was how her boyfriend was innocent and LE was screwing everything up, IMO

IMO- misreporting or assuming the computer room is a converted bedroom. I don't think it's an additional window personally.

Well the house is listed as a four bedroom home. I would imagine that computer room is actually considered a master bedroom because of it's size. But that's not what the family is using it for.

MOO

Usually families are discouraged from conducting physical searches. We often see families at press conferences, media interviews, fund raisers, vigils, distributing flyers, etc.

There was a case here not so long back where a brother discovered his sister's remains after 'public searches' had long ceased. Heartbreaking.

The big difference in this case as opposed to other MP cases is that the family usually cooperates with LE, no holds barred. Families of MPs also tend to seek out all avenues of media available relentlessly. Most families would be thrilled for just a minute of national coverage to spotlight their missing loved one. Sadly very few receive that kind of media attention.

To my knowledge, I remember several of the missing children cases that did show parents and family out actively searching through woods and everywhere. I know I certainly would be. Nobody could stop me from searching from sun up to sun down. JMO.

LE ususally do not want parents out searching for fear of what might be found. Brenda/Damon Van Dam never participated in searches, nor did Billy Jean Dunn. Ol' Scott Peterson (for what it's worth) never ventured out past the command center.

IMHO parents are discouraged from getting out in the trenches.

MOO

Mel

If vinnie covers it and not whole time on conrad trial around 4.00 est. any HLN shows this evening. moo

BBM: The jury is now deliberating in the CM Trial, and if they come back with a verdict today, HLN will be covering the verdict.

MOO ...

To my knowledge, I remember several of the missing children cases that did show parents and family out actively searching through woods and everywhere. I know I certainly would be. Nobody could stop me from searching from sun up to sun down. JMO.

In cases where the child has wandered off, it seems they are always out there searching. A parent calling to a child is the best way to locate that child.

When you have a case of a kidnapping, you're not calling out to a live child who may be hunkered down in fear behind some brush.

In cases of a kidnapping - where searchers are looking for remains in the search - it seems more typical that parents don't actively search.

I think he was feeling the word "character" sounds like this is a mystery game, or a mystery movie. I like "figure" better. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the term "player" that is often used -

if you read his twitter thread (link upstream) he corrected himself and said sorry to the person he was having the exchange with...

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

for the poster that asked what "game" meant.. you really need to click on the person's name he was responding to so you can see their entire exchange... that way you will have the context of the conversation

Hailey Dunn's mother and her boyfriend sat on their couches and never looked.
Aliayah Lunsford's family hasn't searched either...

But if the parents are guilty and aren't cooperating so Lisa's remains can't be located wouldn't LE stopping searching actually aid the parents? They'll spin it as though LE can't be bothered and the Bradley/Irwin clan were right about big, bad LE having tunnel vision the whole time.

JMO

Very true. I didn't think of that. I was still going with the, "hopefully the parents were not involved theory" But you are right. They may be delighted if they heard LE was stopping the search. Nice spin. No matter how you slice it, it seems like a lose/lose for poor baby Lisa. :waitasec:

Wonder if the parents will announce through their "team" that they will be resting again this weekend?

Maybe the no searching just means no local physical searches because everything they have so far continually leads back to "just within the home". Personally, I can't see someone (stranger) coming in thru a front window traipsing around an unknown house to steal a baby and cell phones...with the light on no less.

There's still much to learn about the parents,......imo.

Usually families are discouraged from conducting physical searches. We often see families at press conferences, media interviews, fund raisers, vigils, distributing flyers, etc.

There was a case here not so long back where a brother discovered his sister's remains after 'public searches' had long ceased. Heartbreaking.

The big difference in this case as opposed to other MP cases is that the family usually cooperates with LE, no holds barred. Families of MPs also tend to seek out all avenues of media available relentlessly. Most families would be thrilled for just a minute of national coverage to spotlight their missing loved one. Sadly very few receive that kind of media attention.

There are or at least were vigils being held nightly at the home. Neighbours have been out there and according to Action News, they were planning their own search recently...

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/generic/news/Lisa-Irwin-AMBER-Alert

Lots of videos on this link...if it doesn't come up there is one titled Neighbors plan search for Lisa

I wonder if they did go out and search. Haven't seen anything in the media about it. But the one woman does indicated how frustrated they are at the parent's lack of interest.

MOO

But unlike DB and JI, Kyron's parents (Kaine and Desiree) did everything else that one would expect parents to do: cooperated with LE, were cleared, distributed flyers, held fundraisers, spoke to the media, etc.. They (especially Desiree) are the role models for parents of missing children, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member