MSNBC Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
btw, where's BlueCrab?...his/her posts are always interesting...figured he/she would be here, posting today...
BC doesn't post here anymore Close.
He posts over at Jamesons.

EasyGruuvin said:
I read about this and I also saw a special on it ,at the time the police had refused to investigate furthur, even though there were two suspects who resided in the neighborhood, and they had found the DNA in her panties. I think it is a shame how some folks have condemed this Mother of this crime without knowing the facts . I know how I would feel if I were accused of this type a crime and I was completely innocent. I hope they are able to find the guilty party and at last, take the blame off this Mother whom I believe to be innocent. What a shame it wasnt learned before her death. May she rest in peace.
I'm thinking you must have watched the crock doco by Tracey.
Shame on him.

PR is, whoops past tense, was not completely innocent.
At best, she knows what happened to her daughter and chose to hide the truth.

<<Why would Patsy/John stage a ransom note--then leave the body in their own home? They had lots of time...write the note...drive JB elsewhere to look like the abductors took her, then call the police... THAT makes no sense...>>

For whatever reason, the Ram's could not risk going outside...snow....noisy garage doors, a mother who could not bring herself to put her child out in the elements....
A botched kidnapping attempt..

narlacat A botched kidnapping attempt..[/QUOTE said:
Hi narlacat,

And maybe that's just what it was...

Np Close.
Yeah, not sure how he does it.
My blood pressure can't even handle reading there, let alone post there!

michelle said:
I am not trying to be a smart a$$, but does it occur to anyone else that maybe patsy wasnt the killer????

Not trying to be smartazz either, but I have always wanted someone other than Mommy to be the Killer, but common sense always points me back to Patsy. If Pats wasn't the killer - she was the killer's helper, so either way - She was Good For it.

michelle said:
I am not trying to be a smart a$$, but does it occur to anyone else that maybe patsy wasnt the killer????
Hi Michelle

At very best, Patsy knew exactly what happened to her daughter, it's that simple.
I don't know if she was the 'killer', but I do know she knew who was.
That much was obvious.

narlacat said:
Np Close.
Yeah, not sure how he does it.
My blood pressure can't even handle reading there, let alone post there!
Their having a field day over there:cool:

michelle said:

Of course. I think Patsy did it. I am absolutely certain there was no intruder. My investigation has led me to believe Patsy is the perp but.....who is to say?? Other than it was someone in that house. IMO.

michelle said:

No, it's not just you. I think there are some definite unanswered questions about a lot of things, but I don't think it automatically makes her a killer.

JMO

Tricia said:
Of course. I think Patsy did it. I am absolutely certain there was no intruder. My investigation has led me to believe Patsy is the perp but.....who is to say?? Other than it was someone in that house. IMO.

I am just there with you. I cannot believe any intruder theory at this point.A few years ago I might not have been as forthcoming but I am now. I have done my homework with so many of these crimes.I will also accept being wrong but I don't think so with this case.

So if patsy was the killer what is the motive that most of you believe? Bedwetting? Or was JR possible the killer because he was abusing JB?? I still think something is not right about the whole burke situation. The one thing I have never understood is how he could have not been awake when the note was found with all the commotion going on and yelling ect....Thats seems weird too me. I think the first thing I would do if this happened to me was go to ALL my kids rooms and wake them all up....JMO

michelle said:
So if patsy was the killer what is the motive that most of you believe? Bedwetting? Or was JR possible the killer because he was abusing JB?? I still think something is not right about the whole burke situation. The one thing I have never understood is how he could have not been awake when the note was found with all the commotion going on and yelling ect....Thats seems weird too me. I think the first thing I would do if this happened to me was go to ALL my kids rooms and wake them all up....JMO

Kids with child abuse issues sleep very soundly. They are too young to deal so self protection comes into play. Burke had nothing to do with this....IMO.

Tricia said:
TexMex, my point was who in the world would spend the time to write a 3 page ransom note using the pen and paper in the house and be so considerate as to put the pen lid back on and the pen back in the container.

What killer would do this? A killer who was not worried about being caught in the house. That's who.

I never believed Patsy killed her daughter. However, because I do believe she wrote and composed the ransom letter, she knew who did.
Patsy, in my opinion, was a mother who was desperate enough to cover up the details surrounding the death of her daughter in order to protect her son, Burke.
That's an excellent point, Tricia that an intruder would never have the luxury to write the ransom letter and stage the crime scene. An intruder would be pressed for time and in a hurry to leave the house and possibly would take Jonn Benet's body with him or her.
JoBenet's death could have possibly been an accident with her and Burke playing a game with the rope. One he had played before and was caught and warned never to do it again.
Patsy was faced with the tragedy of her daughter's death as well as the scandal and the public knowing her son was guilty. Clearly Patsy was a person of great arrogence who could never let the world know her household and family wasn't perfect. She had to hide the truth by covering it up any way she could.
Maybe her punishment has been that she's had to live with all of this guilt and sadness all the rest of her life.
JMO

IF Burke killed his sister in an accidental way, why try to hide it? I mean, tragic accidents happen all the time. Horrible as it is, you don't blame the child responsible and you would try to help that child move forward, if you loved that child, as I assume John and Patsy love(d) Burke. He would not likely have been held legally responsible at the age of 9 for an accident....especially not in 1996. (Now in 2006, maybe so, as crazy as life is now.) Why compound the horror with the web of lies and deceit, involving the police, the courts, etc.?

IF Burke killed his sister, and I don't believe he did, it was done intentionally out of jealousy for all the attention she received in the household. I do not think Burke did this, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood