Found Deceased MT - Aiden Salcido, 2, parents dead in murder/suicide after police chase, Kalispell, 25 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Lizzzard

Lizzzard Member

He traveled with them from Oregon to Montana. So he was in the car with them for much of the trip.

I can’t help but wonder about the dynamic between the parents and whether the mother was a willing participant in this whole thing or not. Why travel so far just to wipe out your family?

I don’t recall what the rules are on mentioning alternative Facebook accounts (they were mentioned on an article online from Heavy, I believe) that the parents have but it’s clear the mother had severe mental health issues.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't think they traveled there just to kill the baby or themselves. I think they were camping, possibly on the run from the mom having to go to jail---and something bad happened to that poor child. I am not sure it was on purpose. Maybe neglect or dehydration, illness etc. Or punishment gone too far, etc.

But I think his tragic death was probably the trigger for their murder/suicide. I am not sure she agreed to that pact either. :(

I am somewhat relieved, as my worst fear was that he had been given or sold to someone who didn't have his best interests in mind. That poor sweet baby didn't have much a chance in his short life.

3. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I wonder how he was found so quickly, if they were really in a remote area. Probably not too far off the road, maybe someone had noticed their car parked there.

Why? I just don't get it. Maybe the "Safe Haven" law needs to include children up to age 12. (No teens though, there isn't enough room).

Seriously, maybe a "Safe Haven" option should be considered to include children of all ages. Not sure if this would have helped...

4. Maiko

Maiko Active Member

I don't know if we'll ever understand the "why's" in this case but my heart breaks for Aiden. Why do the innocent have to be the ones to suffer?

Rest peacefully, sweetheart.

5. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks - I goofed up my post. Aiden clearly was with his parents up to Montana.
    https://flatheadbeacon.com/2019/07/28/child-found-dead-lincoln-county/
    More at the link.

6. justchrissy47

justchrissy47 Well-Known Member

Why was child protection services not involved with this child if the mother had known mental health issues and no stable living situation?

Please don't tell me he was alive when they left that campsite. I don't think my heart could handle that precious child alone and crying in the woods until he died

7. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

8. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

Unfortunately, there has to be a report that the child is in danger to bring in child protective services. And there would have to be an address they could find. Camping along the almost 20 mile Bear Creek Greenway would make finding them nearly impossible even if they only stayed in the part running through Medford.

I think this series (especially parts 1 and 5) describes very well the complexity of dealing with and helping the homeless who camp along the Greenway where Aiden was living. :(

The Greenway Pt. 1: Costing thousands of taxpayer dollars - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
    The Greenway Pt. 2: Hundreds of fires - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
    The Greenway Pt. 3: Human waste, trash, and toxic levels of bacteria - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
    The Greenway Pt. 4: Life on the fringes - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
    The Greenway Pt. 5: Finding a solution | KMVU Fox 26 Medford

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  9. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

The cause of death was found to be a gunshot wound to the head.
    Body found confirmed to be missing Medford toddler

WHAT?? Who does this? How do two monsters find each other and then create a beautiful little guy and then do this to him? Im sick.

scriabina, Jax49, AnnaGrace and 23 others like this.
  10. Lizzzard

Lizzzard Member

11. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

:(Omg

12. HopeForTheBest

HopeForTheBest Well-Known Member

I don’t know how, either. Or why. This is so much worse than I even thought. That poor, sweet baby. I just don’t know. No words.

13. Sincerely

Sincerely Well-Known Member

This literally took my breath away. That sweet child.

14. kodi

kodi Well-Known Member

Many cases we are a part of feel like they are the worst of the worst...and then we hear another case that just twists our hearts into more knots. When will this end? When do parents quit killing their babies and strangers quit going on massive murder sprees? :( My heart is broken. Broken.

15. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Well-Known Member

I pray he was sleeping and never knew what happened. MOO

mrz, therion20, AnnaGrace and 14 others like this.
  16. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

What a sad horrific story!

Wonder if we will ever hear the extent of the mother’s mental illness that has been mentioned?

If true, how did she ever get out of the hospital with a newborn? It had to be evident in the hospital that mom had problems. Another case of a family member swearing she/they lived with them and the baby would be properly cared for?

There are so many cases of children beginning their life in these destitute manners. If USA is such a great country, WHY can’t we find a solution?

17. Moreack

Moreack Active Member

I rarely post. Given that the baby and mom were shot in their heads, then the father killed himself... it doesn’t matter what “the mother’s mental health” status was.

MOO

rocket, missingm, bowler and 8 others like this.
  18. Lizzzard

Lizzzard Member

It becomes relevant when you try to figure out what the mother’s role was. Was she kidnapped? Was she a willing participant, actively or reluctantly? Was there a pact or was this a Stockholm syndrome situation? We will likely never truly know. There was additional info posted at one point by family, but it cannot be considered/discussed here.

Yaavie, Warwick7, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  19. Laura456

Laura456 Well-Known Member

Why can it not be discussed?

20. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting