GUILTY MT - Baby, 5 mos, survives 9 hours buried alive in the woods, Missoula County, 7 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
'This is what we call a miracle': A faint cry reveals a baby...

Members of the Missoula County Sheriff’s Office were called out last night at approximately 8pm for a male suspect who was acting strange in the Lolo Hot Springs area. While deputies were enroute, additional callers indicated the male suspect was now threatening people saying he had a gun and was reaching in his pockets. Upon arrival, deputies discovered the suspect, 32-year-old Francis Carlton Crowley, had left the area and that a 5-month-old who had been left in his care had not been seen for several hours.

While attempting to locate Crowley, a 911 caller said the suspect had returned to the hot springs. Deputies responded and Crowley was apprehended. When trying to question Crowley, he appeared to be under the influence of drugs and was not making sense to officers.

Statements made by Crowley indicated the baby was possibly buried somewhere in the mountains. Due to the urgency of this matter, members of Missoula County Search and Rescue were paged out to assist officers from the United States Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Montana Highway Patrol, and Missoula County deputies in a ground search. After more than 6 hours of searching on foot, a deputy heard the faint cry of a baby. He followed the sound and found the baby alive, face down, buried under a pile of sticks and debris. Clothed in only a wet and soiled onesie, the baby was found at approximately 2:30 am, putting the infant in the woods unattended and in the cold (approximately 46 degrees) for a minimum of 9 hours. The baby was transported to a local hospital and is in good condition.

32-year-old Francis Carlton Crowley is being held at the Missoula County Detention Facility on charges of criminal endangerment and additional charges will follow.
upload_2018-7-9_13-51-18.jpeg
For all of us at the sheriffs office, this is what we call a miracle. For the officers who were present for this event, its especially hard knowing what this small baby endured in the last 24 hours. Sheriff McDermott would like to thank those who assisted in the search and those who called 911, helping first responders bring this baby to safety.

upload_2018-7-9_13-50-26.jpeg

Missoula County Sheriff's Office

Baby found buried alive in Missoula County mountains

Man arrested after baby left alone for hours in the woods

Police rescue baby after it was buried alive in the mountains for nine hours

Man allegedly abandons baby in woods; infant survives 9 hours buried under sticks

So that’s 4 babies in less then a week ( not including August as I don’t believe drugs are involved there) that babies died or almost died from parents that were probably on a drug binge. MoO and all that jazz. This is madness. Why In their drug filled minds can’t they say geeZe I don’t want to be a parent. I’m gonna leave baby with a loved one or leave it at a hospital or firehall. I don’t even care about safe haven laws. Just leave them safe and shoot up.
IMO. I’m getting angry. I’m sorry.

Last edited:
So that’s 4 babies in less then a week ( not including August as I don’t believe drugs are involved there) that babies died or almost died from parents that were probably on a drug binge. MoO and all that jazz. This is madness. Why In their drug filled minds can’t they say geeZe I don’t want to be a parent. I’m gonna leave baby with a loved one or leave it at a hospital or firehall. I don’t even care about safe haven laws. Just leave them safe and shoot up.
IMO. I’m getting angry. I’m sorry.

I adopted my cousin a few years ago because his birthmother was unable to care for him due to her addictions. She had another child not long after the state terminated her parental rights to my son. She didn't tell anyone in our family about the new baby until he was about 4 months old. She told her mother "no one will get this one" (her first daughter was adopted by grandma). Her children are a possession to her; something that she can own and control, not so much for the love and affection. Just another way to look at these situations. Drugs = non rational thoughts

Bless that brave, tuff little guy! And bless those who searched until he was found. Thanks to everything good that the man (father??) did not bury him.
This may be a very interesting case...

Deputy looking for missing baby in Montana mountains was giving up hope. Then he heard a whimper
"I was so overcome with emotion that my cop instincts and my cop training ... went away," Jessop said. "I just wrapped that baby up just like a father would any child in need."
"I have three kids myself, and I think without a question that hearing that little baby the other night brought to me more joy than even my own children coming into this world," he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back