GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

Wow, $450K!! If that is true, that's a big motive for somebody. The family owns a lot of real estate in the county, but there is no obvious source of wealth. Definitely more to this story.

I also find it very odd that an almost 80 year old woman would be choosing to move that far out of town. It does seem backwards, she should be downsizing and wanting to be close to conveniences. Just does not make sense.

That AND a cleaning lady in a home where no one's living because it's being remodeled. Remodel cleaning crews don't even bother coming in until the construction is 100% finished.

I clean homes. I clean several homes that are visited maybe once a year but I still go every other week to get dust and bugs and to make sure nothing strange is going on. I also clean for several builders; I clean during the construction process several times and a final clean when it's all done.

I clean homes. I clean several homes that are visited maybe once a year but I still go every other week to get dust and bugs and to make sure nothing strange is going on. I also clean for several builders; I clean during the construction process several times and a final clean when it's all done.

Wow....that's interesting. I didn't think a house being renovated would be cleaned until the end of the process. Good to know that maybe its not unusual.

Thank you for posting. I had no idea a cleaning person would be sent in during a current reno. Good to know!

Deer Lodge woman, son missing along with bar of gold

The FBI has joined the search for a 79-year-old Montana woman and her son who disappeared days after she retrieved a large bar of gold from the home of her deceased ex-husband.

Beverly Giannonatti of Deer Lodge picked up the gold bar on Oct. 19 after it was discovered by a cleaning lady, Powell County Sheriff Scott Howard said.

Back to that Gold Bar....Why was it out? Who left it out? Who saw it out besides the cleaning lady? Who did she tell? Who did the work crew tell? Why on Gods Green Earth was it out? Not in safe deposit box or in a hidden safe.... If the cleaning lady cleaned there prior and it was not out...hmmm....Its not the kind of thing you take out and forget about laying about in a house being worked on.....This really is important key.... IMHO

also....wonder if after she picked it up where did she put it? Sons house? With someone to sell it? If they can learn about and track that darned bar, they may find what is going on here. I don't think this is going to end well.....

What a twisted case! It's the gold bar......

I don't think the gold bar was left out, at least I can't imagine anybody being that stupid. I imagine Beverly told the cleaning lady to take down some old boxes from the attic or clean out an old desk or other piece of furniture before trowing it out (as she was renovating the place) and that's where the cleaning lady found the gold hidden amongst other old stuff.

But yea I totally agree with you that this case is about the gold, that's the motive. Very likely they tried to sell it to some shady person(s) and things went south when Beverly met with them.

A friend of mine was killed by her estate agent when she tried to sell one of her apartments. He tried at knife point to make her sign the property over to him, when she refused he killed her (he beheaded her and took the head with him, sick *advertiser censored*). She was also in her 70s, fit but elderly, and not a match for this young guy.

Elderly people should not meet alone with strangers to make deals that involve large amounts of money. Sad but true :( I wish she had just gone to the bank with that damn gold bar!

Pretty sure we will hear at some point that both were found dead somewhere remote, shot most likely. And the gold will never be found.

Sorry for all the bleakness :( But I have a hard time keeping up hope for these two.

ETA: Wikipedia page of my friend who was murdered
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudrun_Corvinus

Has the cleaning lady been cleared? Maybe she told someone about the gold and they went after mom and son to get the gold. would be looking into people the cleaning lady knows. IMO

What about the renovation crew? Maybe the gold bar was hidden in a wall or under a floor board or something and they found it during renovations. I wonder how many people knew about the gold bar.

I imagine gold bars can make people do funny things. I commend the cleaning lady for choosing to do the right thing because apparently someone(s) else hasn't.

I am surprised by the modesty of their homes...they look quite simple to have lived in the area for many years and have so much property in their names. I think if you saw their homes, you would never know that they owned multiple properties...or had access to lots of money. The gold bar might have changed things....

I don't think the gold bar was left out, at least I can't imagine anybody being that stupid. I imagine Beverly told the cleaning lady to take down some old boxes from the attic or clean out an old desk or other piece of furniture before trowing it out (as she was renovating the place) and that's where the cleaning lady found the gold hidden amongst other old stuff.

But yea I totally agree with you that this case is about the gold, that's the motive. Very likely they tried to sell it to some shady person(s) and things went south when Beverly met with them.

A friend of mine was killed by her estate agent when she tried to sell one of her apartments. He tried at knife point to make her sign the property over to him, when she refused he killed her (he beheaded her and took the head with him, sick *advertiser censored*). She was also in her 70s, fit but elderly, and not a match for this young guy.

Elderly people should not meet alone with strangers to make deals that involve large amounts of money. Sad but true :( I wish she had just gone to the bank with that damn gold bar!

Pretty sure we will hear at some point that both were found dead somewhere remote, shot most likely. And the gold will never be found.

Sorry for all the bleakness :( But I have a hard time keeping up hope for these two.

ETA: Wikipedia page of my friend who was murdered
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudrun_Corvinus

Omg so sorry about yr friend that's terrible [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg so sorry about yr friend that's terrible [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you NZkiwi! Yes it was very terrible. I totally freaked out when I was told "her head is missing". :(

Thank God police was very good and got the perp within days.

There seems to be no news regarding the search or investigation, but a prayer vigil was held today. Article also has a short LE statement (bbm below).

http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/...prayer-vigil-for-missing-deer-lodge-residents

Church holds prayer vigil for missing Deer Lodge residents

Members of the Deer Lodge community will come together in prayer Friday night for Beverly and Gregory Giannonatti. Both mother and son were last seen on October 28, and their disappearance is sparking much concern and fear.

It is at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church that Beverly Giannonatti, a devout catholic, would religiously attend worship services. "She is a very faithful member here on Sunday and very often during the week coming to daily mass," said the pastor of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Father Joe Fleming.

Powell County Sheriff Scott Howard said, "I would comfortably say that I believe there's some sort of foul play here."

"We've both been doing this here 30 years in 60 years combined and I've never come up with something like this and I think we can easily say something strange is going on," added Rick Johnson, Deer Lodge Chief of Police.

There is a news article (not new, dated the 4th) on the Find FB page that has little bits and pieces of info I'd not read before. https://www.facebook.com/BevandGregGianonatti/posts/1057146771011492

Howard said that Giannonatti’s former husband had passed away about a month and a half ago and had left to her a house at 86 Larkspur Road near Beck Hill. She had been having it remodeled and was living in town during the process with the intent of moving back into the house once the work was complete.

I'm sure I read elsewhere the home was in the son's name?

In another odd twist to the situation, Sheriff Howard said that late in the evening on Nov. 1 a burglary was reported at the home of Gregory Giannonatti, where the police had been earlier that day. When authorities arrived they discovered the flat screen TV in the yard, clothing in bags and a cell phone that had been at the residence earlier was now gone.
The Sheriff also noted two weapons may also have been taken from the residence.

I suspect we can rule out crime of opportunity since it hadn't even hit the local news about the police being there earlier that day. Also, the missing cell phone and 2 weapons is info I haven't seen anywhere else.

It sounds to me as if someone was targeting them. I don't know but what a shame that Law Enforcement hasn't got a handle on this one. We have a couple residents who have lived in this small town for a lifetime. Someone has to know something about them...

Beverly and her husband had been divorced for a long time...since 1999. But apparently they had a decent relationship. Neither remarried. Her husband had no funeral at his request, according to the obit. So he must not have been as religious as Beverly was.

I would be very curious to know their financial standing. They owned lots of property between them....and I found a day care registered as a business belonging to Beverly. When her husband died in August, did she inherit a good bit of money along with the house? Wish I could see the house that her husband once lived in....
Does anyone have that location?

According to the Montana GIS system, the house on Larkspur is now owned by Gregory. The deed changed to his name on Oct 6, 2015 due to "Termination of Joint Tenancy by Death". It looks like his father also left him a mobile home park on Maryland Ave. Gregory lives in a house that is owned by his mother on Washington St. That is the house where the roast was left in the Crockpot and that police checked one day and found it had been broken into the next day.

From looking at ownership info on the GIS system, it doesn't look like Beverly received any property when her ex-husband died.

http://svc.mt.gov/msl/mtcadastral/

According to the Montana GIS system, the house on Larkspur is now owned by Gregory. The deed changed to his name on Oct 6, 2015 due to "Termination of Joint Tenancy by Death". It looks like his father also left him a mobile home park on Maryland Ave. Gregory lives in a house that is owned by his mother on Washington St. That is the house where the roast was left in the Crockpot and that police checked one day and found it had been broken into the next day.

From looking at ownership info on the GIS system, it doesn't look like Beverly received any property when her ex-husband died.

http://svc.mt.gov/msl/mtcadastral/

VERY curious about the real estate ownership, the missing guns, the lunch date that no one recognized, the son leaving quickly at 10pm that evening seen headed toward downtown and the break-in at the son's home late the same evening of the day the police had been there, and discovered a cell phone that WAS there earlier that day, was now missing. Not to mention the gold bar. NO ONE just leaves gold bars laying around in plain sight. No one. Ever, for any reason.

Either BG or GG was in some way involved in something shady. She didn't leave her home willingly, if this is any indication of the type of independent woman she is

However, what did remain at the residence were all of Giannonatti’s vehicles. Howard said that the woman was very particular about driving herself and it would be very uncommon for her to have left her residence in someone else’s vehicle. “How she left there, I have no idea,” said Howard, “she would not get in a vehicle with somebody and go somewhere.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back