MT - Darby Hodges, 1, found dead; sister Kiera Pulaski, 4, dies later in MO, 2010

I wonder if anyone has any updates on this... its basic psychology to know that when someone is pulling a memory from their own experience they tend to look up and sometimes to the right. The ENTIRE TIME the stepfather was talking about how the little boy died he was looking straight down and to the left.. that is, he was completely leaking deception in that psychology also tells us that's what people do when they are drawing from a story made up..not real.. a lie..

These people murdered their children and we need to find justice for them..

Here’s an update for you. They ran off the grid. Last I saw Julia was on Facebook early 2017. I was very close to this family. I babysat these children. It is absolutely sickening what they have put both families through. Most of her own family believes she did it. The kids were extremely ill, throwing up profusely days before death. Cheryl, Darby’s grandmother, has been working her *advertiser censored* off to get the case reopened. Sadly, the most she is able to do is advocate for abused children. I hope these families find peace and answers soon.

I am the Grandmother of Darby and Kiera and Tommy is my son. There are recent developments in the cases. For three years Inside Edition worked at getting all concerned on camera and we were trying to get the boyfriend interviewed which we did. There will be an Inside Edition story the end of February 2019 and I’m happy to say codey and Julia Cummings are incarcerated in the Texas County Oklahoma sheriffs lock up. They were caught selling moonshine with felony drugs and. stolen guns. As they wait both police departments are putting the deaths of the kids’ cases together and will try to charge them with killing the kids. It’s been a long and hard fight but I’m hoping we have justice for the kids soon. Go to Justice for Darby and Kiera on Facebook for new developments. Thank you!

Attachments

• 848399B9-CC3F-47CA-ADD0-A98C8EED4103.jpeg
    848399B9-CC3F-47CA-ADD0-A98C8EED4103.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 53CD9C74-57AD-48F0-A55B-C56DA123CCD4.png
    53CD9C74-57AD-48F0-A55B-C56DA123CCD4.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 74
  • A568C32A-F7BC-437D-A824-340D935BDBAE.jpeg
    A568C32A-F7BC-437D-A824-340D935BDBAE.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 76
  • D65BD3A3-D994-4C2F-B6E4-14C81786CB85.jpeg
    D65BD3A3-D994-4C2F-B6E4-14C81786CB85.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 2630017B-BCE9-4830-A7DE-D9B619FEDB60.jpeg
    2630017B-BCE9-4830-A7DE-D9B619FEDB60.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 64
:welcome: 2Crows! It does sound odd, for sure.
You’re right. I have a letter from Cyndi the mother of Codey that refutes that claim. Julia was in a hotel room with several men doing drugs that night according to the detective. It’s all on Facebook at Justice for Darby and Kiera

I caught the tail end of the Dr Phil rerun today. I read both monsters were recently arrested on unrelated charges. I can’t believe there is still nothing new in this case!

Today the same rerun played, as well.

Found this about CDC (Codey Dale Cummings):
Codey Dale Cummings Mugshot 177911724 - Codey Dale Cummings Arrest - Bates County, MO - Booked on 6/05/2019 at 15:20
It says Failure To Appear for an offense from 2004??

These are the same format as JLC below.
Codey Dale Cummings - Bates County
Codey Dale Cummings - Bates County (This one is associated with the Mugshot.com one above.)

For Julia Lorena Cummings. We have the arrest as posted above in Grandma's post - note attractive mug shot :
Julia Lorena Cummings - Bates County

This one is a Hold For Another County corresponding to the record below.
Julia L Cummings - Greene County

So, on the bottom there is ANOTHER case listed that's associated to this same person. This on 7/22/19 :
Julia Lorena Cummings - Bates County

At any rate, it comes as no surprise to me that these two are real pieces of work.

I can't vouch for the differences in dates, etc. from the records. I tried to go to diff sites and look as well. Decided these two aren't worth any more time than they already got. Thankfully their next "time" will be spent behind bars.
I'm gonna look for the 2004 charges that coincide to the Mugshot.com info.

Last edited:
I can’t believe these two losers haven’t been arrested for the murder of the children. The autopsies show clear signs of current and prior abuse. @Cheryl_Hodges I'm so sorry these murderers are not yet charged. The MEs who did these autopsies need to be persuaded to change the “Undetermined” to Homicide. If they arrest them both, one of them will likely flip on the other.

Last edited:
There are updates on the killings of Darby and Kiera. Both were charged with felony weapon and drug charges as well as stealing from his elderly grandparents. Codey was released on his own recognizance and is awaiting trial. Julia was arrested and bonded out with provisions of not doing drugs and going to NA among other orders. That lasted about one day. He has absconded again and on October 2, Darby’s detective who is now Chief of the Kalispell MT Police Department will meet with the Head of the Medical Examiners Office at the State of Montana crime lab and discuss Darby’s case which is much weaker than Kiera’s case. I spoke with that ME and he told me that if he had performed Darby’s autopsy he would have called it a homicide. I also recently spoke with the Greene County Missouri ME Investigator who I’ve been in touch with for almost 9 years. He is speaking with the Republic Police department about Kiera’s case.
The Dr Phil show is in contact with my son Tommy, the father of the kids who is now a paramedic and there will possibly be an update show this season. So cross your fingers, say a prayer and let’s hope there is justice not on,y for my grandkids but also for the 12 children who will die of abuse today. Thank you so much for your part in ending Child Abuse in this country.

@Cheryl_Hodges I can’t imagine the grief and frustration you and Tommy have experienced at the hands of these two. I hope you see some movement in Darby’s case soon. These two need to be locked up for the rest of their miserable lives! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tommy.

Suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia was located during the search. The suspects have been identified as 36-year-old Codey Cummings, of Nevada and 33-year-old Julia Cummings, of Nevada.

On Wednesday morning, warrants were issued by the Courts charging both Codey and Julia with Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Both Codey and Julia are being held in the Vernon County Jail on a $50,000 cash only bond.

Mid America Live: Two Arrested After Raid of Rural Nevada Home

Suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia was located during the search. The suspects have been identified as 36-year-old Codey Cummings, of Nevada and 33-year-old Julia Cummings, of Nevada.

On Wednesday morning, warrants were issued by the Courts charging both Codey and Julia with Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Both Codey and Julia are being held in the Vernon County Jail on a $50,000 cash only bond.

Mid America Live: Two Arrested After Raid of Rural Nevada Home
Wow! Julia looks terrible! Evidently they’re incapable of being law abiding citizens. I hope they throw away the key with these two.

If hers is not the picture of a meth-head, then none exists in this world. Hers looks pretty extreme.

Wow! Julia looks terrible! Evidently they’re incapable of being law abiding citizens. I hope they throw away the key with these two.
Oh my God!! I usually don't comment on the looks of people, but if there was ever a picture of meth, this is it. They ought to use this in advertisement to not use drugs. Unbelievable how old she looks; I, as well, had to look at her age twice. Apparently the children were in their way, and they both preferred drugs to loving the children. MOO. Katt

Here’s an update for you. They ran off the grid. Last I saw Julia was on Facebook early 2017. I was very close to this family. I babysat these children. It is absolutely sickening what they have put both families through. Most of her own family believes she did it. The kids were extremely ill, throwing up profusely days before death. Cheryl, Darby’s grandmother, has been working her *advertiser censored* off to get the case reopened. Sadly, the most she is able to do is advocate for abused children. I hope these families find peace and answers soon.
Thanks for the info. So sad for you since you knew the family
and babysat those little ones.
Justice is due for those helpless little ones, and for those who have suffered, each in his and her own way over this tragedy.

And another thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Stirthepot !!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members