GUILTY MT - Erin Thompson, 35, & Caden Odell, 13, murdered, Kalispell, 19 March 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by doublestop, Aug 17, 2010.

1. doublestop

doublestop Member

2. Loading...

3. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yeah, I'd say the public will be outraged

I would normally want this girl to be charged as a juvenile & have the charges reduced but for her to sue the victims' estate is just outrageous

her parents should be ashamed

5. zadari

zadari New Member

I'm speechless

6. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

The usual 'it's somebody elses fault' defense. How dare they file suit against the family of the victims! Instead of taking responsibility for her actions, her family is helping her to put the blame anywhere else. She did it. She did it on purpose. She needs to suck it up and face the consequences for the horrible thing she did. I am so disgusted I could spit.

7. Pandora

Pandora New Member

Quote from article: The lawsuit claims Winter suffered permanent injuries in the crash and a "loss of capacity to enjoy life." She is also claiming future loss of income as well as past, present and future medical expenses.

WHO lost the capacity to enjoy life?????!!!!!

8. Lyn1001

Lyn1001 In constant need of a nap

Not a whole lot surprises me anymore, but this makes me REALLY angry.

9. Snackcakes66

Snackcakes66 Member

I really hope the husband who lost his family counter-sues her and her family for his losses. I cannot begin to imagine, losing his wife and 2 children. IMHO his loss far outweighs her "loss of enjoyment of life", because lil miss impulsive CHOSE to put others at risk because her boyfriend broke up with her and she made a stupid decision with tragic consequences. Hope she enjoys as much jail as the law allows.

10. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

This just disgusts me. WTH is wrong with her parents allowing this to go forward? And WTF is wrong with the lawyer who actually had the nerve to file this suit? I need to step away from the computer before I say something that will earn me a time-out.

11. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

It's bad enough that the article states that it "may be" the start of her defense or an attempt to contaminate the jury pool, but what makes it absolutely intolerable and disgusting is that she's BLAMING the victim!

I hope when she does meet God she pays for her ALL her sins...

12. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

The fact that her parents are supporting this move just shows you exactly why she is a selfish, self-centered spoiled little brat.

13. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

just sickening. The whole situation. From start to finish. And it's HER fault. Yet here we are, kicking folks while they're understandably down. how dare she? they? even the lawyer?? Why is this not a frivolous lawsuit?

14. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

I hope the judge who sentences her for murder takes this little stunt into consideration during the penalty phase. Hard to show how remorseful you are when you act like a self-centered, malicious little brat!

15. Paintr

Paintr New Member

OK! Now I've seen everything! Just how low will defense lawyers go to try to win a case? Can't get much lower than this. The girl, her parents, and her lawyer should all be ashamed. This is sub human behaviour. :puke::puke::puke:

16. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

This will be thrown out of court...this holds no water since it was Winter who in the act of trying to commit suicide, was the negligent one, not Thompson family, not the county for their construction on the road...The audacity of blaming the victim for what this teen caused is outrageous! Why isn't her father teaching her that she is responsible for her own behavior. That she was the negligent driver for she was trying to kill herself. Only she lived and three innocent victims died, as usual...OUTRAGEOUS! JMHO

Justice for the Thompson family

17. Paintr

Paintr New Member

This really wasn't necessary. If this 16 year old had thrown herself on the mercy of the court, claimed she was distraught, not thinking clearly, never even imagined these results, and was so so sorry,this would be over already.

I think the courts would have taken into account her age and the circumstances and would have been sympathetic to a young girl who, without being old enough or wise to handle/forsee the results, caused so much misery.

This defense lawyer is not doing this girl any favours with this stunt. It is just making a horrible situation that much worse.

18. luckyducky

luckyducky New Member

Hasn't she done enough to this family? This lawsuit should never have been allowed to be filed. Unreal.

19. drip~drop

drip~drop kiss a fuzzie

She could have gone to a cozy mental hospital ward for a while.

Now she does this. Sickening, disgusting and insane.
    Hey maybe she'll still get the psych ward?:snooty: And her parents thinking this is a good idea. oy.
    imo

20. drip~drop

drip~drop kiss a fuzzie

This is the kind of thing that makes one feel the need for a shower.
    bbl. yuck
    I sure hope there is a counter suit. The parents should have known their little princess was a a tad bit emotional. IMO.

21. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From February 2011:

http://ravallirepublic.com/article_0267d9c5-3d4c-59c1-8c70-8e7d4272a48a.html

From November 2015:

http://ravallirepublic.com/article_485b9d6e-6e22-51e7-bc78-0882cd7387ee.html