MT - James Hurley, 12, tortured to death, W. Yellowstone, Feb 2020 grandparents & uncle arrested #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe his parents were never married, so he has her maiden name. And I wonder if Batts never thought James was actually "kin". Therefore, abusing him was okay.

Possibly! Or, did mom Batts tell him “I got this.” Makes me sick that James likely received SS from his dad, yet had no food & his pig like uncle weighed in appx 300lbs.
Not to mention looking on PS Facebook, she’s out getting mani/pedis, I guess leaving uncle in charge of James. Moo

Mother of murdered boy says grandparents illegally pulled him out of school
by Deion Broxton

Friday, February 21st 2020

Gallatin County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old as an adult in the murder of a West Yellowstone boy. Photo: Gallatin County Sheriff's Office
email.svg

BOZEMAN, Mont. — A 12-year-old West Yellowstone boy was pulled out of school months before his death, according to the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office.

Prosecutors accuse Patricia Batts and James Sasser Jr. of killing their grandson, James Alex Hurley.

Well, no. But he has been with his grandmother for more than 12 years, right? So, it's not that weird that James would consider him his grandfather. Who knows though.
He's only been there about 2 years. IIRC. One of those articles above says that he moved in with them after the father died, about 2 years ago. I don't know where he lived before that, while the father was still alive, but I don't think he was in Montana very long. (James).

by Deion Broxton

Gallatin County prosecutors have charged a 14-year-old as an adult in the murder of a West Yellowstone boy. Photo: Gallatin County Sheriff's Office
email.svg

BOZEMAN, Mont. — A 12-year-old West Yellowstone boy was pulled out of school months before his death, according to the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office.

Prosecutors accuse Patricia Batts and James Sasser Jr. of killing their grandson, James Alex Hurley.
Why do I doubt that even one hour of home schooling took place in that house. Mainly he spent time trying to get away from 300/14, IMO. But at least it says no legal guardianship was involved, which may mean they weren't earning money from his tortured life.

Why do I doubt that one hour of home schooling took place in that house. Mainly he spent time trying to get away from 300/14, IMO. But at least it says no legal guardianship was involved, which may mean they weren't earning money from his tortured life.
Sure seems like they had a different curriculum in their house. School of Hard Knocks?
I wonder if uncle attended school, or did he stay home & eat & beat his nephew?
I think only a visit to the local SS office to apply for SS is all that was needed, I doubt Pat needed to show any formal guardianship document. Jmo.

by Deion Broxton

email.svg

From the article.

"Why was there no follow-up from the school?” said Alicia Davis, Hurley’s mother. “Why did nobody from this school check up on this child?".

Excuse me? It is the school's responsibility to check up on how YOUR child is being treated?!

Isn't that the primary responsibility of parents? Sorry, but I really don't consider James' Mother a "victim" here. She hadn't even seen her child in years.

Had she contacted the police department to have her son checked on when she was unable to talk to him?

Was she aware that her son had been pulled out from public school?

GMAFB.

Sure seems like they had a different curriculum in their house. School of Hard Knocks?
I wonder if uncle attended school, or did he stay home & eat & beat his nephew?
I think only a visit to the local SS office to apply for SS is all that was needed, I doubt Pat needed to show any formal guardianship document. Jmo.
Back in one of those earlier posts it shows James Jr and James III with III in a football jersey that says WEST 62, and it looks like they are on a playing field with others about half the size of III. So it kind of looks like what, Jr. High at that age?

Isn't that the primary responsibility of parents? Sorry, but I really don't consider James' Mother a "victim" here. She hadn't even seen her child in years.

I also don’t consider her a victim. She should have made an in person visit to MT & not left without her son. She claims Pat did not have guardianship. Who did?
The victim here is James.
Another victim, imo, is the 6yo that is on video behaving normally for his age, in the midst of brutality. I hope he is with someone separated from the Sasser family & can start over. Moo

Back in one of those earlier posts it shows James Jr and James III with III in a football jersey that says WEST 62, and it looks like they are on a playing field with others about half the size of III. So it kind of looks like what, Jr. High at that age?
I missed that! I’ll look. Prob’ on FB too. We know they loved to archive “moments”. Thankfully!

Another West Yellowstone man charged in connection to 12-year-old's death

Any locals know if Gage is still in jail? Omg, he is a menace to society. If anyone bails him out, the state of MT best put out a public notice. He deserves to serve every single day of the Max, 40 year sentence. Every single second.
Maybe he can grow up in the state pen’, with some real men mentoring him (ha ha).

Another West Yellowstone man charged in connection to 12-year-old's death

Any locals know if Gage is still in jail? Omg, he is a menace to society. If anyone bails him out, the state of MT best put out a public notice. He deserves to serve every single day of the Max, 40 year sentence. Every single second.
Maybe he can grow up in the state pen’, with some real men mentoring him (ha ha).
He's got one of those pathetic little boy faces on in those photos. I bet he looked a lot meaner when he was hitting James with a board.

He's got one of those pathetic little boy faces on in those photos. I bet he looked a lot meaner when he was hitting James with a board.

Seriously, if this was my kid in jail for abusing a child, I would let him stay there. Not to mention, if there are younger children in the home, they would be at risk for being taken away by CPS.

Seriously, if this was my kid in jail for abusing a child, I would let him stay there. Not to mention, if there are younger children in the home, they would be at risk for being taken away by CPS.
I’m under the impression he was raised by his grandma, per previously linked article. Iirc, she referred to him as a
Gentle Giant. I have a dif’ image of him.

In one of the first articles above, about his being the 4th one charged, only his Grandma and girlfriend are there. Looks like Grandma may be his family, she said something like she lives for him or he's the reason she gets up. Broadly paraphrased. But I didn't see any parents in those interviews. There may not be any other kids at home either with him and GM.

In one of the first articles above, about his being the 4th one charged, only his Grandma and girlfriend are there. Looks like Grandma may be his family, she said something like she lives for him or he's the reason she gets up. Broadly paraphrased. But I didn't see any parents in those interviews. There may not be any other kids at home either with him and GM.
Right! His girlfriend needs a reality check. Hopefully she was in court to break up with him. I hope she has a parent to advise her how lucky she is to be alive. Moo

Questions:

did T. Tate grant custody to his mom?
How long before Tommy’s accident did James live with him?
when Tommy was in SLC hospital, where did James stay?
How & where did Tommy have such a horrible accident?

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member