Found Deceased MT - Mike Plain Bull, 22, Pryor, 12 Dec 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Mike Plain Bull
8768244A6EAC0319A970F0E3A6345E24_292_292.jpg

Mike Plain Bull, 22 and a father of 3, has been missing since December 12th, 2013. He was last seen in Billings, Montana on his way to the store to purchase diapers. Store surveillance does show him inside of the store to purchase diapers on the night of December 12th. His abandoned car was found on December 23rd about 8 miles away. The car was in good working order.

He was last seen wearing black jeans, a black jacket and a black stocking cap. He is 6' tall with a light complexion and a thin build.

Please call either the Crow Agency Police Department, (406) 638-2631, or Terry at (406)702-3972.

http://www.kxlf.com/news/pryor-family-asks-for-help-searching-for-missing-man/

From that same article above:

His car was discovered on Dec. 23 about eight miles east of Pryor. A family member said that his car did not appear to have broken down, had about half a tank of gas, and no keys were inside of the vehicle.

It's amazing to me how little is known at this point. He's been missing that long. And his car being found abandoned scares me a little.

This is just a reminder when you search a name it's best to put "" around it in google.

"Mike Plain Bull"

Otherwise you will get wacky unrelated results since his last name contains common words.

Side note - he has a huge family. I hope they find him soon.

Another side note - 3 kids at his age seems very stressful.

It's amazing to me how little is known at this point. He's been missing that long. And his car being found abandoned scares me a little.

I know it. Also from your link in post 1:

"His aunt, Terry Plain Bull, said local ranchers and community members have searched the area on foot, horseback, and 4 wheelers."

It sounds like they probably covered some decent ground. Bizarre.

My initial thoughts - pure speculation because we basically know nothing:

Maybe we ran to get diapers and told someone to meet him in the parking lot or on the road at their "meeting spot" or near someone's house. Or maybe simply somewhere out of prying eyes. Maybe something incident like borrowing a video game or maybe something a little less innocent like getting weed. (Not trying to demonize someone - I personally don't think weed should be illegal and I've never even smoked it.) ANYWAY. Wondering if he intended to meet someone real quick. Maybe even hopped into their vehicle to exchange something or chat.

I would love to know:

1) was his car found heading in the direction of home?

2) did he buy anything else when he got the diapers at Walmart?

3) were cameras reviewed?

4) Receipt found?

5) cell phone records reviewed? Was cell phone left behind?

6) wondering why the keys were gone

7) was the car processed by LE???

8) when was he reported missing?

9) did he tell anyone when he would be back home? Did they immediately know something was wrong or was he the type to run late or meet up with buddies?

I didn't look at the missing persons reports but I am guessing by the name, large family, and location, that he is American Indian. I know they can be very careful about involving outside law enforcement until they have ruled out everything beyond their scope (which it sounds like they have). I do plan to read more. I promise. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open so I hope i don't sound ignorant or offensive. That is not at all my intention. I just know how certain situations might get handled within their communities.

I didn't look at the missing persons reports but I am guessing by the name, large family, and location, that he is American Indian. I know they can be very careful about involving outside law enforcement until they have ruled out everything beyond their scope (which it sounds like they have). I do plan to read more. I promise. I'm struggling to keep my eyes open so I hope i don't sound ignorant or offensive. That is not at all my intention. I just know how certain situations might get handled within their communities.

Just to piggy back on your post - for one I think you're right.

Also American Indians have tribal courts. I have no idea when one would go to a tribal court over a regular one, but it's an interesting tidbit too. May have nothing to ever do with this case, but a lot of people may not know about it!

https://www.bja.gov/evaluation/program-adjudication/tribal1.htm

Pryor is on the Crow reservation and the vehicle was also found on the reservation. It looks like the Crow Agency PD is taking the lead jurisdiction-wise, even though it appears the last confirmed sighting of Mike was off-reservation in Billings, about an hour north of Pryor.

Interesting article from February 2013:

Crow police chief sees improvements in his 1st year on the job

There are about 12,000 residents on the reservation, and the police chief says in this article that there were only nine police officers on the force when he took the job. Wow.

On his FB page, Mike has his security set so that I can't see his more recent posts, but under Recent Updates on the left, he added a job at BIA Forestry and Wildland Fire Management, and added a life event, "Bought a House." Both of the updates are dated December 12, and both make it seem that Mike was at least trying to be responsible young man.

Pryor is on the Crow reservation and the vehicle was also found on the reservation. It looks like the Crow Agency PD is taking the lead jurisdiction-wise, even though it appears the last confirmed sighting of Mike was off-reservation in Billings, about an hour north of Pryor.

Interesting article from February 2013:

Crow police chief sees improvements in his 1st year on the job

There are about 12,000 residents on the reservation, and the police chief says in this article that there were only nine police officers on the force when he took the job. Wow.

On his FB page, Mike has his security set so that I can't see his more recent posts, but under Recent Updates on the left, he added a job at BIA Forestry and Wildland Fire Management, and added a life event, "Bought a House." Both of the updates are dated December 12, and both make it seem that Mike was at least trying to be responsible young man.

Good for him! Sounds like he has his life way more together at 22-23 than I did! Come home to your kiddos, Mike!

Okay, wait a minute I am confused. :waitasec:

Who had custody of these kids and where were they living?
There is 1 or maybe 2 still in diapers... (the youngest was born September 2012.)
However, their Mom got married (not to Mike) this summer.

So, were the kids over for visitation? Does he have full custody?
Is there another child with another woman that he has full custody of? What is the situation here?
We might be looking at this completely wrong thinking he was totally stressed by 3 kids.

If he only had them for the night or something, why would he take off?

And the question I hate to even ask...
The children's mother and her new husband... do they have alibis?
(We've seen that scenario several times before unfortunately...)

December 12 was a Thursday.

I can't imagine if he had the kids alone, he'd leave them home alone for 2 hours (drive time) to get diapers. Maybe he was preparing for a weekend visit? Maybe someone else was home with the kids?

Pryor is a TINY town with only about 600 people. It doesn't look like there's even a gas station or convenience store there. It is probably common for those living in Pryor to do most of their shopping in Billings.

They said his car was found 8 miles "east" of Pryor. I wonder if they mean Northeast, which would be the route back from Billings. Or if they mean directly east, which would mean he (or someone) went back completely through Pryor. (On the map below, I put it directly east. Can change it later if necessary.) I wonder what was found in the car. Diapers? Did he make it home?

Here's a map I put together...

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.kcNyM5hjRK7k

I didn't look at the missing persons reports but I am guessing by the name, large family, and location, that he is American Indian.

Just to piggy back on your post - for one I think you're right.

Also American Indians have tribal courts.

I say this halfheartedly, but isn't the P.C. term Native American?? ;) Keep in mind that I'm not P.C. myself.

Okay, wait a minute I am confused. :waitasec:

Who had custody of these kids and where were they living?
There is 1 or maybe 2 still in diapers... (the youngest was born September 2012.)
However, their Mom got married (not to Mike) this summer.

So, were the kids over for visitation? Does he have full custody?
Is there another child with another woman that he has full custody of? What is the situation here?
We might be looking at this completely wrong thinking he was totally stressed by 3 kids.

If he only had them for the night or something, why would he take off?

And the question I hate to even ask...
The children's mother and her new husband... do they have alibis?
(We've seen that scenario several times before unfortunately...)

Did I miss something? Where did the information come from saying the kids' mom married somebody else? Did I miss that in one of the articles?

I say this halfheartedly, but isn't the P.C. term Native American?? ;) Keep in mind that I'm not P.C. myself.

I see it said both ways. And I'm honestly not sure which is more PC and I did go back and forth in my mind before chosing which to use. Around here, we usually hear (in a non deragatory way) "they are Indian" or "They are Ho Chunk" etc.... Before moving to Central WI, when someone told me they were "Indian" I assumed that they were from "India" but I also grew up outside Chicago in a large suburb and Native American was the term always used on the text books. I guess I use the 2 interchangeably.

So please, if someone knows which is more acceptable, I would love the knowledge! I wouldn't want to teach my children wrong. We plan to start taking them to the pow wow that they invite the entire community to and when I talk to them ahead of time, I'd like to use the appropriate terms.

How far was the convenience store from his home and was that the closest one where he could buy diapers? Unless I'm misreading, it sounds like a long way to go for diapers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back