MT MT - Nyleen Marshall, 4, Clancy, 25 June 1983

What's sad is that this MySpace girl lists on her page as Heroes "Ordinary people that go out of their way to make a difference in the lives of others." Well, isn't that what we're doing here? Trying to make a difference by helping solve these mysteries and hopefully reunite some people with their families? And she and her friends laugh about it. I think they have some growing up to do.

The e-mail I posted was sent to my personal MySpace account. I don't know why the e-mail was sent to me, and not someone else. Perhaps the person that e-mailed me did so only because of the potential match I posted.
I am just confused as to how the psychic found you. The pages are so private, it kind of creeps me out and makes me worry about you, not to scare you or anything. You just can't be too cautious. I am just bothered that someone found you personally. How did they pick out "sable for WS"?Did you ever email kay from your page? I am just thinking her and her buddy are trying to be funny since they found this so funny to begin with.

The only way I can come up with as to how the psychic found my personal MySpace, is the fact that my sig on here has a link to the MySpace set up for Princess Blue and I am listed on the friends list for Princess Blue.

It's truly "interesting" that the psychic didn't put her return address on the envelope. It's also interesting that this is the first time they have used their abilities. I'd avoid them like the plague.

It all sounds a little hokey poky to me. Especially the part about seeing her picture at Wal-mart.

If you check out the Wal-mart--Canada web site, it briefly mentions their missing children program. They work in conjunction with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police...doesn't say anything about NCMEC or any US organization. I realize Nayleen went missing from Montana, but I doubt the RCMP would have a child missing 25 years ago from the US posted on their board, when there are thousands of missing Canadians to be posted...ya know what I mean.

It's truly "interesting" that the psychic didn't put her return address on the envelope. It's also interesting that this is the first time they have used their abilities. I'd avoid them like the plague.

The psychic sent the e-mail through MySpace, not snail mail.

Oh just one more thing. "Myspace Kay" has a sister named Ann. Ann and Kay look so much alike they could be sisters..LOL They have another sister named Rebecca, who appears to be the black sheep of the family. Mom, Rebecca, Ann and Kay all look very much alike.

It appears Rebecca and Kay do not get along, So I think Rebecca is the mystery physic! :)

The psychic sent the e-mail through MySpace, not snail mail.

I think Trino is referring to something the psychic wrote in the letter, "My daughter and I sent letters to Missing Children, Dane County Sherrifs Office and Jefferson County Sherrifs Office with a description of her apartment and the fact that her abductor was a woman now living as a man, or that lives as a man at times. We also gave them much more information on her. However, my guides and a well known psychic friend from Montreal Canada believe that Nyleen will never accept that she was abducted because of all that she has been through. I did not put a return address on the envelopes as my daughter is only 16 and this is the first time we have used our abilities to do something like this and I don't want any publicity."

I am so confused, I think it has been established that "myspace Kay" is NOT the missing child. There is no way for this to be possible. She has a whole family who are her myspace "friends" to vouch for who she is! This is just a coincidence, nothing more..

I wonder if LE has pulled out the original letter to do forensics on them? The envelope they came in could contain the senders DNA when he licked it to seal it and the stamp also. I think that is pretty likely especially since in the early 80's people were not concerned about DNA at all and wouldn't use special precautions like using using adhesive stamps and envelopes.

Gaia, that's a very good point. I hope they are still working on Nyleen's case. Bless her heart.

Maria

Gonna post a few things I ran into this morning while googling someone else here, some how I ended up in this post and came back to it after closing my tabs..

It appears there is another forum on Unsolved Mysteries, Sitcoms Online, they've been following what's going on in this post and some contacted the (myspace) girl mentioned on the other page. This is probably why she was laughing because all of a sudden, people are contacting her.

It appears another of Nyleen's family tried to join here but couldn't due to the email address regulations, she ended up posting on the post here under Kianacao. Going to c/p her posts here..

Kianacao said:
- 09-05-2008, 06:15 PM This is indeed true. I am also a cousin to Nyleen. While I am not sure which one of our cousins wrote this (I just came onto these sites today), Nyleen's mother, Nancy, was murdered in Mexico City.

Does anyone have any new information on Nyleen?

Kianacao said:
09-06-2008, 03:32 PM- At this time, I do not know any additional information about Nyleen's disappearance than what you already have listed. I did want to confirm Nancy's death, for those of you who were unsure. The link lead to the post that has already been listed here. I cannot get to the link now either. I did contact the webslueth list when they wouldn't accept my email and notified them that I was a family member. I do not know why I cannot get to it now. It was the piece written by another cousin describing Nancy's death. Again, I am not sure which of our cousins wrote it. It was evidently written a few years ago.

Nancy was looking for a house in Mexico. Prior to that, they spent some time in Japan, where Kim was stationed; which is perhaps why the media lost touch with them.

It is my understanding (and I will have to verify) that the Marshalls lived in Spokane WA during the time of Nyleen's disappearance.

At the time of Nyleen's disappearance, our family was going through other drama as well, and we (the children) were shielded from Nyleen's disappearance quite a bit. shortly after, I became estranged from the family due to custody battles. In my adult life I have sought more information; but as you can imagine, many in the family do not wish to speak of it as it is quite painful, especially since Nancy's death.

Nancy herself had said that she thought Nyleen was dead. Whether this was a mother's intuition or a coping mechanism; I do not know. I think she still had hope---but... I think our family has conflicting ideas on whether or not Nyleen is alive. I think it is possible, but wish to remain open to any possibility. It has been a very long time, but there is still much emotion.

I have no idea if her case is still open. I was just running a search on her and came across these forums. I was suprised that people were still talking of her and greatful that she has not been forgotten. I never found closure and my family isn't one for talking about it. I will have to gather some information to see where to start...perhaps this forum can help with that, since some of you seem to know the case intimately.

I do want more answers. Nyleen was a sweet, sweet loving child. I will see what I can find.

Kianacao said:
09-06-2008, 03:35 PM - I may be wrong, but it looks like websleuths has removed Nyleen's "Kay's" thread. Why would they do that?

[EDIT]
WAIT I found it!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732

here it is by 'Cattitude' two posts (2005):

"Amazing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am amazed to find after all this time people are still talking about Nyleen. And better yet, talking about how to find her. Nyleen is my cousin. It feels nice to know that someone aside from us remembers... "

========================================================================

"Oh, You may have been wondering...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought some of you might find this interesting. Nyleen was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries, if some of you saw that episode, you would have seen her mother. She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate. Voila! A whole new unsolved mystery for you. Poor Kim, how much can the man take? "

============================================================================

There appears to be another family member that posted here - although he didn't get too far except to say his wife is Nyleen's mothers sister.

I am amazed to find after all this time people are still talking about Nyleen. And better yet, talking about how to find her. Nyleen is my cousin. It feels nice to know that someone aside from us remembers...
,,,,,,,,I thought some of you might find this interesting. Nyleen was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries, if some of you saw that episode, you would have seen her mother. She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate. Voila! A whole new unsolved mystery for you. Poor Kim, how much can the man take?

If you still view this post but are not able to post for some reason or another, you can email me at roselvrATgmail.com

But didn't the letter have info in it that only le and the family had? i belive the story and I think she is still alive. I can see how people can have reservations about this, I though the Sharon Marshall story was false when I heard it, I think otherwise now of course.

The more I read about this case, the more I wondered what was going on.
It would be nice if they'd try to match DNA from one of the cousins posting on these boards or the father. It would also be nice if they'd look at those letters again, technology has advanced so much they may find where they really came from.

I also wonder if someone having ties to LE wrote the letters.

Video of Abduction of Nyleen Kay Marshall Unsolved mysteries

Have You Seen Nyleen Kay Marshall? - POSTED: 7:30 am CDT July 12, 2002

Sitcoms Online - Some info on Nancy Marshall by crystaldawn
I talked to my contact at the doe network and she asked one of her contacts about Nyleen Kay Marshall's mother. Here is her reply:

"Hi again Heather,

I finally heard back from my contact, and all I was told was that Nyleen's mother is in fact deceased, and that she died in 1994. Details though couldn't be released."

So we have confirmed that she died several years ago. I do tend to think the poster on Websleuths was telling the truth about her. I'll try again to get a hold of her and see if she can give us any further info.

http://www.gazetteextra.com/missingpeople080507.asp
When Search Parties Grow
(Published Saturday, August 4, 2007 10:11:21 PM CST)
By Mike Heine and
Frank Schultz/Gazette staff

Kelly Nolan-a 22-year-old UW-Whitewater student.

Mahalia Xiong-a 21-year-old UW-Green Bay student.

Francine Tate-a 50-year-old Madison woman.

They didn't know each other, but they had one thing in common.

Each went missing.

Both college students were found dead weeks after being last seen. Tate ran away and was found alive near Phelps, more than 200 miles north of Madison.

Each case drew national media attention and had hordes of police and volunteers out looking.

Why? Because their circumstances were different than the majority of reported missing person cases, police said.

Most missing persons are found, usually rather quickly, said investigators for the Janesville Police Department and the Rock and Walworth county sheriff's departments.

"I have to assume that it's unusual for these people to disappear," Dana Nigbor, Walworth County Sheriff's Department captain of investigations said of the three recent Wisconsin cases.

"Typically, we may have people with mental health issues that leave their home or people from bad homes," Nigbor said. "These appear, at least on the surface, to be educated women. It's unusual for them not to be in touch with family. That's what prompted the large response from law enforcement."

Most missing-person cases are juvenile runaways who are usually found within one or two days, Nigbor said. Most of the time it's the runaway returning or calling home that closes the case.

Usually, investigators find reasons for the absences-a poor home life, arguments with parents, dementia, depression, drug or alcohol binges, or a family or friend who leaves the area, taking someone with them.

The scope of a search is determined in large part by the circumstances, investigators said.

All three agencies said that when they get a missing-persons call, they send an officer to interview family and friends and search places the person is likely to go to.

There's no waiting for 24 or 48 hours before getting serious about it, said Janesville police Lt. Tim Hiers. It's a priority call, meaning an officer is sent as soon as one is available.

"Right from get-go, they try to make the determination, 'What's the gravity here?'" Hiers said.

The gravity determines investigators' next steps. The more serious it is, the more resources are thrown into the case.

"You've got to listen to the details on each one. Each one's a little different," said Lt. Todd Christiansen of the Rock County Sheriff Department.

A Teletype is sent out to area police, and descriptions are often broadcast on police radios, Nigbor said.

In Rock County, they call it a "bolo," or be-on-the-lookout notification that appears on squad-car computer screens.

If the missing persons are believed to be in danger, the case is also entered into state and national online databases so they are available to other police departments. Juveniles who disappear are entered on those databases right away.

Both sheriffs' departments said they can issue fliers for their cases, splashing the missing person's face around the community.

Hiers said Janesville police welcome any independent efforts to post leaflets about missing loved ones, as well.

An unexpected missing person receives more attention. Often, the age or ability for a person to care for themselves is a factor in the scope of the search, Nigbor said.

"If we get a call from someone that says, 'I've lost my 4-year-old. I can't find them,' everybody's out there," she said.

Abduction was suspected when two Janesville boys failed to show up for school last fall. Multiple detectives and officers were on the case almost immediately, Hiers recalled.

It turned out that one boy hurt his ankle while climbing a tree. They were on their way home when an officer spotted them.

Such cases require an inside-out search, said Elkhorn Police Chief Joel Christensen. Responding officers search the immediate area where a child was last seen and move outward from there. Oftentimes a child was just hiding or wandered to a neighbor's house.

"They like to go a lot of places they're familiar with; a friend's or neighbor's (home)," Christensen said. "Quite often that's where they head."

Searches that last longer may include retrieving a person's fingerprints and dental records, checking with hospitals and coroners offices and interviewing family, friends, co-workers, schoolmates, teachers and anyone else who may have had contact with the person.

Hiers said the Janesville police will post dental records on a nationwide database if circumstances warrant.

"You hope the person is found alive," but the facts may indicate the worst has happened, Hiers said. Families often find it difficult to face that possibility when the request comes for dental records.

Cases with unusual disappearance circumstances are rare, Nigbor said. The last such case investigated by the Walworth County Sheriff's Department was when Wanda Greenlee of Walworth went missing unexpectedly. She was found murdered in a remote area near the Fontana municipal well in late 2001.

"That started as a missing person. When that complaint came in, there was suspicion all over the place," Nigbor said. "Her vehicle was found at Menard's in Janesville. She left to be with her boyfriend and didn't return.

"Is there a line in the sand that says this is what we do during this situation or this is what we do in that situation? Yes, but we also relied on common sense that we needed to do more on this one," Nigbor said.

After juvenile runaways, the most common type of missing person is one with mental disabilities who leave a controlled environment, such as a group home, Nigbor said.

"Chances are we find these people very quickly," Nigbor said. "It's just more obvious when they're out and about. They're not able to take care of themselves sometimes. Even walking down the road draws attention, or they try to break into someone's house because they get scared."

It's rare that missing persons are never heard from again. Sometimes, bodies are found months later. Such was the case of Janesville's Arlando Cardenas, 28.

Cardenas' body was found July 8 in an abandoned rural garage after being missing more than seven months. Foul play is not suspected. Investigators are awaiting autopsy results.

Hiers said he is satisfied with the tools police have at their disposal. He couldn't point to any particular investigative problems.

"You know what the frustrating part of it is, it's that you're not finding them right away," Hiers said. "It's frustrating for the family, and it's frustrating for us."

Local missing persons cases
Janesville police have four cases listed in the missing-persons file of the National Crime Information Center:

-- Mary E. Golbuff, who lived at 1039 S. Pearl St., was 71 when she was last seen Nov. 14, 1996 near the bank of the Rock River. She suffered from Alzheimer's disease. Police believe she drowned in the river.

-- Michael J. Black, who lived at 104 Glenview Court, was 48 when he was last seen Nov. 16, 2002. He had made suicidal statements. Black was an ophthalmologist at Dean Riverview Clinic and a scuba diver. His Ford Expedition with an empty boat trailer was found Nov. 21, 2002, parked at Harborside Yacht Club along Lake Michigan south of Milwaukee.

n John K. Moseley, who lived at 233 N. Washington St., was 56 when he was last seen Nov. 13, 2003. Police believe he might have been depressed and/or suicidal.

-- Andrew S. Ambrose, 42, of 161 Linn St., was last seen July 3, 2007. He had told family members that he was going to visit relatives in Missouri.

The Rock County Sheriff's Department has no current, unsolved cases, but missing-persons Web sites list these cases that originated in other jurisdictions:

-- James A. "Steve" Clemons was 72 when he went missing June 17, 2000. He may have been suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Clemons was a New York City resident and a truck driver. He became stuck in the mud near Rochester, Minn., on June 17, 2000, and police helped get him back onto the road and gave him directions to his destination near Milwaukee.

He was last seen walking away from the vehicle near the interchange of Interstates 90/39 and 43 in Beloit. The dump truck he was driving was found on Millington Road.

-- Nyleen Kay Marshall was 4 when she disappeared June 25, 1983, from Clancy, Mont. Marshall was with her family on a picnic in the Helena National Forest when she disappeared while walking with playmates.

In 1986, someone sent investigators a letter saying that they had picked up "a girl named Kay." The letter included details that had not been released to the general public. The writer said he taught Kay and traveled with her. He said he loved her and did not want to give her up. The letter was postmarked from Madison.

An anonymous caller who claimed to be the author of the letter called the Child Find Network about the case several times. The calls were traced to phone booths, including one at a pharmacy in Edgerton. There was also a possible sighting of Marshall in a restaurant in Janesville.

Walworth County missing persons include:

-- Ruth Egnoski was 18 when she disappeared in 1966. Private investigators hired by the family said she took a bus from Delavan to Chicago, but they lost her trail there.

Police found Egnoski's driver's license and Social Security card in the custodian's office of Wileman Elementary School in Delavan in 1973. Her father worked there as a custodian, school officials told The Janesville Gazette.

In the mid-1980s, a school employee found two blue, hard-sided suitcases hidden above the suspended ceiling in the custodian's office, according to newspaper reports.

In 2002, police dug a 12-foot-wide pit behind 1014 Center St., Delavan, the house Egnoski lived in since it was built in 1962. Her family sold the home in 1971. Police found a crawl space under the family room of the house but no evidence connected to Egnoski's disappearance.

-- William Brooks of East Troy disappeared in the 1930s. Local lore says he often fished on Lake Beulah.

He failed to show up at the Wilmers Point boat landing one day. A rowboat with a paddle Brooks made was found beached on the north shore of the lake, directly across from the landing.

In August 2005, two divers found human bones 57 feet deep in the lake. Coins from the 1930s were found nearby. Authorities believe the bones could be Brooks, but the Walworth County Sheriff's Department does not have the resources to conduct DNA testing to verify the suspicion. That would require exhuming Brooks' deceased mother or sister to get necessary DNA from the female side of the family.

"We suspect it's that person," Capt. Dana Nigbor said. "We took the investigation as far as we could for a missing persons case."

-- The unidentified remains of a white man were found along Bowers Road, about a mile from Alpine Valley Music Theater, on March 26, 2002.

The man is believed to have been between 40 and 55 years old and between 5-foot-7 to 6-foot-2.

The bones were probably there for three to 10 years. Investigators believe a blow to the head killed him, and the case remains an unsolved homicide. The man's description did not match anyone missing from Walworth County, Nigbor said. However, people sometimes go missing and aren't reported, she added.

-- Larry L. Zink of Delavan has not been seen since Sept. 27, 1995, according to the missing persons Web site charleyproject.org. His car was found abandoned in a gravel pit 40 miles north of Pickle Lake, Ontario, Canada, according to the Web site, which spelled his last name "Zinc."

The Walworth County Sheriff's Department's issued Zink a verbal warning for a traffic violation in 1994, Nigbor said. It was the last known police contact with him. Zink would be 69 now. Ontario Provincial Police are investigating.

-- Georgia Jean Weckler, an 8-year-old girl from Fort Atkinson, was last seen May 1, 1947. She was dropped off at her home after school by a neighbor. She got the mail and was walking up the driveway and was never seen again, according to newspaper accounts and charleyproject.org.

Several witnesses reported seeing a black, 1936 Ford in the area that afternoon. Police once considered notorious serial killer Edward Gein as a suspect because he had a 1937 black Ford, according to the Web site.

Fifty years later, former Delavan Town Chairman Ed Lindloff said he believed Weckler is buried under a city floral shop and greenhouse off Highway 11. He was working on a nearby farm when the shop was being built in 1947 and said he saw two men put an object about the size of a child in the ground and cover it with dirt, according to newspaper reports.

I was a co-worker of Kim's in the late 1980's, early 1990's timeframe and came across something the other day that reminded me of him and his story. I was shocked to hear that his wife died under such tragic circumstances. If anyone knows how to contact him now I'd love to drop him a line or hear from him. This story has always been on my mind, especially since I had kids that were very young when I met Kim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back