Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to let Rebekah's body be examined by an independent ME at this point? I understood Angela insists on a second opinion, whatever happens. Will Rebekah's body be released to her mother or does DB still playing a role in this, as her lawful husband? I read somewhere there were no shot wounds or stab wounds found on Rebekah's body. Toxicology will take time. I will patiently wait for the cause of death, but somehow I feel distrust about the whole thing, including the party conducting the examination of the body.

I also wondered if there was any follow up on the tapes about the planned attack on the family. It's hard for me to believe LE doesn't look into this and questions DB about it. If this was an accidental drowning, why planning an attack on her parents anyways. It's not adding up.

Another heartbreaker. Hopefully, some resolution will come for the family. So many questions debatable accuracy of information. Makes it even worse for the family. Sorry

How is this not national news yet?

Hidden True Crime June 14,2022

Why is DB still walking free?

That is really ridiculous. I thought the tapes were presented to LE and lawyers already a longer time ago. No update from them, no explanation? How can the community trust LE in any way if they don't act upon this? I can't wrap my head around it. Nothing new about the autopsy? Is the PI still around or did he step back?

Why is DB still walking free?

I thought the tapes were presented to LE and lawyers already a longer time ago. No update from them, no explanation?
The first problem could be that Montana is a 2 party state, those tapes would likely not be useable as evidence in court and "Nate" could be prosecuted for recording the conversations. Is Nate providing proof of where he was when he was recording? Just as in other states, the charge of conspiracy requires a substantial step be taken to commit the crime. If Nate had to drive 22-24 hours in order to commit the crime, he had no ability to commit the crime. Conspiracies are like threats, millions are mulled over or muttered, but comparatively few are carried out. If the circumstances don't amount to a prosecutable case, the police aren't able to just arrest and jail the conspirators.
This doesn't mean that some type of investigation isn't ongoing, I would think it would be kept very quiet until there was an outcome and that could take many months.

AM and her husband should look into filing civil orders against both men.

"Montana Code Annotated 2021
orTITLE 45. CRIMES
CHAPTER 4. INCHOATE OFFENSES
Part 1. Enumeration of Offenses and Extent of Liability
Conspiracy
45-4-102. Conspiracy. (1) A person commits the offense of conspiracy when, with the purpose that an offense be committed, the person agrees with another to the commission of that offense. A person may not be convicted of conspiracy to commit an offense unless an act in furtherance of the agreement has been committed by the person or by a coconspirator.

Reactions: ?!?
I’m absolutely horrified. I accidentally stumbled across Rebecca’s case. Have y’all seen her “Clearing the house video” I saw that first. No words. The dog would have followed her and protected her if possible. They know. I’m so sorry this happens to them.

I tried watching/listening to that but they don’t speak clearly at all. Are they both intoxicated? I watched some of it, but do either of them say whose house Nathan is planning to burn down?

This is the cleaned up version with words. But yes, the plan was to burn down either the trailer where the AM and GM were staying in MT (RB's rental after she left the marital home) and AM/GM home in VA.

That is really ridiculous. I thought the tapes were presented to LE and lawyers already a longer time ago. No update from them, no explanation? How can the community trust LE in any way if they don't act upon this? I can't wrap my head around it. Nothing new about the autopsy? Is the PI still around or did he step back?
Yes all of this was turned over to LE and lawyers. This audio was cleaned up to and transcribed to better understand what was being said. This audio may contain other audio not provided previously.

RB's missing case is very difficult to wrap our heads around. No news yet on the autopsy. As far as I know the PI is still involved.

Never go missing in MT.....(JMO)

just when it seemed like it couldn’t get any worse - (part quoted from their post)
“….REBEKAH BARSOTTI UPDATE: Nathan, the “hitman” on the infamous phone recording with David Barsotti, says he was shot in the leg the night he first spoke to the media about the phone calls he recorded. He’s now released many of those calls, and you can find them on our channel…..”
From HiddenTrueCrime social media post
In the video he says he doesn’t know who shot him, but that it wasn’t David, and also that he’s doing okay but has some numbness from nerve injury/damage

I still cannot understand how Rebekah's dog was badly decomposed after a week in the water, but the same cannot be said of Rebekah, who was in the water for many months in the same river.

Kim Rossmo developed the technique of geographic profiling when serial murderer Robert Pickton was murdering women in Canada. Has anyone contacted him about Montana's riverbank disappearances?

Women are disappearing with their belongings left on the banks of the Clark Fork River. It wouldn't be the first time Montana has had a serial murderer, including one in the same area where Melissa Arnold's belongings were found.

Kim Rossmo developed the technique of geographic profiling when serial murderer Robert Pickton was murdering women in Canada. Has anyone contacted him about Montana's riverbank disappearances?

Women are disappearing with their belongings left on the banks of the Clark Fork River. It wouldn't be the first time Montana has had a serial murderer, including one in the same area where Melissa Arnold's belongings were found.
There is no criminal investigation in Rebekah's case.

Melissa's case has the advantage of what seems to be a criminal investigation, including forensic testing of her belongings by the state crime lab. Her belongings were found more than four years after her disappearance.

There are commonalities in these disappearances. Both women vanished after leaving their (allegedly) abusive husbands. There is documented domestic violence in Rebekah's case. Their personal items were found on the bank of the Clark Ford. Both had tattoos. Rebekah's body has been found. Melissa's has not. Both families have been left to conduct their own searches for their missing loved ones. No one saw either woman disappearing.

What is going on in Montana? Criminal investigations are needed in both cases to determine if a serial killer is at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater