Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this...possible steps to take. What if the Police Won't Investigate my Case? - FindLaw
FWIW

I wonder where this information people tried to get over to the Sheriff's deparment is about. Maybe we should "dig up" some dubious connections f/i. high school buddies, hobby clubs. Not to be shared on here off course.

Thank you for the link. Number 1 and 2 are being utilized. But I'm stuck on their recommendation to hire an investigator. Some people say a PI won't get very far without law enforcement support?? Does anyone know if that is true?

Thank you for the link. Number 1 and 2 are being utilized. But I'm stuck on their recommendation to hire an investigator. Some people say a PI won't get very far without law enforcement support?? Does anyone know if that is true?

I don't have an answer to your question, but thought I would share what I'm seeing in another case right now.

This is in Arizona, a Father hired a PI to help find his missing son. The Buckeye Police Department handed over all the evidence to the PI, see links below.
Daniel Robinson: Why his father is 'on a mission' in Arizona
AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

30-9-2021 Mineral county press release on the Rebekah Barsotti Missing Person case. Log In or Sign Up to View

243981543_1004883610067257_7523054483302737670_n.jpg

30-9-2021 Mineral county press release on the Rebekah Barsotti Missing Person case. Log In or Sign Up to View

243981543_1004883610067257_7523054483302737670_n.jpg

Missing Persons? How about Crime Victim? Have they ever questioned her ex, or the person (caregiver) she was to meet with that day? How did that meeting go? How about the folks at the Town Pump -- did she seem nervous/upset when she was there; any video to show if she was being followed? Anyone see her at the river; search the area for evidence of foul play? Any comments/potential leads of crime that were NOT followed up? How about where she worked -- had she made comments about being afraid? Of what or WHO? Check phone for calls that day? 9-1-1? Just a few things....

Missing Persons? How about Crime Victim? Have they ever questioned her ex, or the person (caregiver) she was to meet with that day? How did that meeting go? How about the folks at the Town Pump -- did she seem nervous/upset when she was there; any video to show if she was being followed? Anyone see her at the river; search the area for evidence of foul play? Any comments/potential leads of crime that were NOT followed up? How about where she worked -- had she made comments about being afraid? Of what or WHO? Check phone for calls that day? 9-1-1? Just a few things....

There are a lot of telling comments on this post and earlier once. I can't bring them up here. Verified person @laurawlms is maybe allowed to give an overview. I read something about where the alibi of the husband was based on that I find interesting.

Unfortunately, I don't have answers to most of your questions to follow up on. This was never handled as a crime so no preliminary investigative processes were ever performed. I believe simple preliminary questioning might have happened with the estranged husband and caretaker but they were ruled out early on. I'm not sure why. There is a bad quality video from Town Pump. Rebekah's vehicle was seen but Rebekah was not. I don't think LE watched long enough to see if she was followed but many have asked that question. Nobody saw Rebekah at the river but there was video of her there training her dog that day on her cellphone. Many people have told Rebekah's mom they attempted to call the Missoula detective when Missoula had the case but their calls were never returned. So there may be a lot of possible leads that were not followed up on. Rebekah's mom needs an army of assistance. This is too big for one grieving mom to handle. The phone is still in police custody as "evidence" even though Rebekah's mom has asked for it several times.

OK, just be sure the lawyer is not a buddy of the party in question. Shame that that is needed in order to get LE to investigate - and how does one ensure that they do so AGGRESSIVELY and THOROUGHLY?

Unfortunately, even with an attorney, I don't think there are any guarantees LE will investigate this aggressively and thoroughly.

Have you considered offering a reward?

Rebekah's mom has spoken about this. I believe a is being created for the purpose of offering a reward.

Reactions: ?!?
I'm so very sorry for all of you. It feels like unknown dark forces/power are playing a role in the background of this case and this decisions. It's probably also a resources c.q. a money "thing". Not that it's going to be of any help, but I've seen lots of cases where two or more jurisdictions (different sheriff offices) are involved, it's complicating a case even more, they trying to slide back a case back and forth. With the remark about the president the sheriff goes totally out of his way. Very insensitive and unprofessional and to be honest, looking at the handling of this missing case from the get go, another sign of incompetence. If he is the "big" example for the deputies I'm afraid this case is going to be "buried".

Maybe he thinks he is still on a movie set......:( Mineral County Sheriff's Office Profile: Sheriff Mike Toth or simply looking at the wrong movies.....

I wonder if Sheriff had any connections to those thanksgiving events. I wonder if his reputation is tied to D's in any way. Just thinking aloud as one does when things are hinky.

I can't even read that without feeling sick. It is my understanding from speaking to people that knew DB from years ago....all that is a lie, except the part about them hosting that dinner at that bar.

Ugh. Same. And the author of this article was writing like this was a freaking military psych ops:

"The tactical planning was stealthy because it was kept quiet until they knew it was going to happen. Having absolutely no idea how many would attend, they guessed at what was needed in quantity with a small backup cache in case they became overwhelmed."

I mean WHO WRITES LIKE THIS ABOUT A THANKSGIVING DINNER? Something really weird and gross about it.

Does anyone know of any paid SAR teams that don't require an invite from the Sheriff? The Sheriff knows Rebekah's mom is coordinating search efforts but it would be helpful to have a team that can be paid that knows how to do say a 50 mile radius search from Alberton Rock area....preferably with SAR dogs.

There are a lot of telling comments on this post and earlier once. I can't bring them up here. Verified person @laurawlms is maybe allowed to give an overview. I read something about where the alibi of the husband was based on that I find interesting.

I only know the estranged husband is not a suspect and Rebekah's mom was told he never would be. I'm assuming that means he has an alibi. I don't know who or what his alibi is or if he really has one. I don't know if he or the "caretaker" were investigated or just asked a couple questions to go through the motions. The overall handling of the case is very bizarre.

Does anyone know of any paid SAR teams that don't require an invite from the Sheriff? The Sheriff knows Rebekah's mom is coordinating search efforts but it would be helpful to have a team that can be paid that knows how to do say a 50 mile radius search from Alberton Rock area....preferably with SAR dogs.
A 50 mile search radius is quite large. I'm not sure any one SAR group would tackle that - even in flat, open terrain. I would guess (in my own very much - non-professional with NO direct knowledge of SAR operations & capabilities opinion) that you might need to dial back that range quite a bit. And I say that fully understanding that it's likely hard to nail down more precise search locations without being able to obtain more details that might usually be found by investigating a Person Of Interest by obtaining location info from their phone or vehicle GPS or some sort of more specific info like that. Someome earlier had mentioned Texas EquiSearch as possibly being a group that may come in strictly based on the family's request but you may also have already tried to contact them. My thoughts are with you and I wish I had more info to share that could help you. Keep fighting the good fight though. Also, someone much earlier mentioned some sort of governing body that sounded to have some sort of authority over the vet that claimed not to be able to return the dog's collar or so a necropsy on it. It may seem strange but I feel like that could be a good avenue to pursue. Perhaps they might be outside the influence of whatever it is that seems to be keeping LE from showing an interest in helping you. And if that's the case, maybe if they could find some fault in the actions of that vet that was involved, perhaps that could be enough to apply pressure for an attorney or judge or state official to look more closely into what's going on to make LE turn a blind eye on this. And again, this is just all coming from my non-expert outsider opinion as being someone with no firsthand knowledge or experience in a situation such as you're in. I wish I had more to contribute that was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks