Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we generate some X factor interest with the poor doggy somehow?...

Fairly unique element to the story.

And people get passionate about animals. and about animal abusers.

Please do not use the attached images unless Rebekah's family approves them.

@laurawlms

So I mocked up a rough draft of a poster to try to express what I was thinking earlier.
It's just an idea.

I would like feedback and critique from you laurawlms / Rebekah's family most importantly
but also from other websleuth members;
Is this kind of thing appropriate?
In the first one I've gone very sensationalist to catch attention. In the second one I've toned it down a bit.
The idea I'm trying to get accross is to try to grab puplic interest in Rebekah's disapearance via her poor dog - who I believe was called Cerberus?

If this kind of idea is acceptable to you I can also imagine a similar video I (or someone else with better video skills, but I offer to try my best) could try to make in the hope that it would go viral.

Attachments

• RBdraft1.jpg
    RBdraft1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 76
  • RBdraft2.jpg
    RBdraft2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 68
Saw this on YouTube. It says it’s from The Missoulian: “Searchers look over the area of the Clark Fork River where Rebekah Barsotti is believed to have gone missing.”
I have seen this video before. The water does move fast in that area. This is the area where they say Rebekah went missing.

I agree, the water moves much faster then I had in mind, looking at other pictures of the area. Could she have been swept of her feet, not only by the current but also by the sand "sucked" away around her feet, because of it? I remember days that the sand in the see was "sucked" away that fast that I lost my balance. Not sure this river situation is anything like it.

Vigil held for missing woman in Missoula

Video embedded. I snipped some pieces.

MISSOULA, Mont. — Friends and family gathered Monday evening at McCormick Park in Missoula for a missing woman.

Barsotti and her dog disappeared along what experts call a wild, chaotic stretch of the Clark Fork River – rest stop rapids, west of Missoula in Mineral County.

NBC Montana spoke to Barsotti's mother, Angela Mastrovito, she tells us, "the public support has been overwhelming. It is so encouraging to us, Rebekah’s family, to know that the people of Montana are embracing her and are willing to take time out of their day to support us in this endeavor."

Thank you for sharing the link. Angela has been disappointed in both her interviews with NBC Montana because they fail to include any of Angela's comments about the domestic abuse/violence in the marriage.

@laurawlms

So I mocked up a rough draft of a poster to try to express what I was thinking earlier.
It's just an idea.

I would like feedback and critique from you laurawlms / Rebekah's family most importantly
In the first one I've gone very sensationalist to catch attention. In the second one I've toned it down a bit.
The idea I'm trying to get accross is to try to grab puplic interest in Rebekah's disapearance via her poor dog - who I believe was called Cerberus?

If this kind of idea is acceptable to you I can also imagine a similar video I (or someone else with better video skills, but I offer to try my best) could try to make in the hope that it would go viral.

Thank you! I like the idea, totally get your intentions, the only thing is; I would use other words. Like for instance; Meet/this is Cerberus/Cerberus went over the rainbow bridge (or something like this). He/she lost her/his life trying to safe his/her loving owner Rebekah Barsotti. Rebekah is still missing. I will wait for and respect the opinion of the family, whatever it is.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the link. Angela has been disappointed in both her interviews with NBC Montana because they fail to include any of Angela's comments about the domestic abuse/violence in the marriage.

I can understand that. Are there people, witnesses (other then family) who are willing to speak out about that in public?

@laurawlms

It's just an idea.

I agree with developing some sort of WOW factor...as if the initial lack of investigative measures isn't enough. I have attempted to do that here and on my personal facebook profile. I don't have the authority to approve this but I will run it past Angela. Sometimes I don't hear back from her right away so it could take a day. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help. I will search these today.
I hope that those platforms we've recommended do reach out. Please let us know if there is, so we can help raise awareness.

My thoughts and hopes are with your family. Let's not stop until Rebekah is brought home. You aren't in this alone. We're here, and we'll try and help in any way needed.

I hope that those platforms we've recommended do reach out. Please let us know if there is, so we can help raise awareness.

My thoughts and hopes are with your family. Let's not stop until Rebekah is brought home. You aren't in this alone. We're here, and we'll try and help in any way needed.

I will definitely let you know if any of the podcasters reply to us. Thank you for your kindness and I appreciate you being here with us.

@laurawlms

It's just an idea.

This is really striking work!
I absolutely love it.
It will bring together the animal lovers and all who cared for her..
It's striking and immediate.
I like the first one, it's dramatic but looks like that is what is needed.
Well done you!

Last edited:
Still searching: Rebekah Barsotti missing for two months

Sep 23, 2021 Updated 15 hrs ago

Monday marked two months since Rebekah Barsotti’s disappearance.

Barsotti, 34, has been missing since July 20, when she was last seen about 2:15 p.m. at Town Pump in Superior. Her car was seen at a rest area near mile marker 71 on Interstate 90 along with some personal items.

On Monday, Rebekah’s parents, Angela and Gerry Mastrovito, held a vigil for her in Missoula at McCormick Park. They discussed domestic violence, which Angela says is a part of Rebekah’s story.

Missoula and Mineral county officials have not publicly connected Rebekah’s disappearance to domestic violence.

On March 9, DB, who Rebekah was separated from, was arrested on suspicion of partner or family member assault that caused a reasonable apprehension of bodily injury, according to court documents filed in to the Mineral County Justice Court. As a result of the arrest, D was ordered to have no contact with Rebekah.
On Tuesday, D made a court appearance for the charge in Mineral County Court. His attorney, Paul Ryan, said he was aware of the sensitivity of the case and that Rebekah is missing.

A hearing was set for Oct. 12 to schedule a trial for the case.

Barsotti, 34, has been missing since July 20, when she was last seen about 2:15 p.m. at Town Pump in Superior. Her car was seen at a rest area near mile marker 71 on Interstate 90 along with some personal items.

On Monday, Rebekah’s parents, Angela and Gerry Mastrovito, held a vigil for her in Missoula at McCormick Park. They discussed domestic violence, which Angela says is a part of Rebekah’s story.

Missoula and Mineral county officials have not publicly connected Rebekah’s disappearance to domestic violence.

On March 9, DB, who Rebekah was separated from, was arrested on suspicion of partner or family member assault that caused a reasonable apprehension of bodily injury, according to court documents filed in to the Mineral County Justice Court. As a result of the arrest, D was ordered to have no contact with Rebekah.
On Tuesday, D made a court appearance for the charge in Mineral County Court. His attorney, Paul Ryan, said he was aware of the sensitivity of the case and that Rebekah is missing.

Any idea if whether D has been polygraphed regarding her disappearance? Under these circumstances, can he be?

Any idea if whether D has been polygraphed regarding her disappearance? Under these circumstances, can he be?

I'm not sure but as LE has said he isn't a Person of Interest (POI) and I don't think they can/would ask him to do a polygraph test. I'm also not sure such a test would considered hard evidence in a court of law in Montana.

Thank you for sharing that. Zoe, Missoulian Reporter, is the first reporter to report on the abuse, assault, and No Contact Order.

I don't think D was polygraphed. I do believe Rebekah's mom has asked for him to be investigated, marital residence searched, and marital property searched. These requests were denied.

I don't think D was polygraphed. I do believe Rebekah's mom has asked for him to be investigated, marital residence searched, and marital property searched. These requests were denied.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT:

But if this were happening to me, I would not be relying on the local sheriff -- it looks like he is not really sympathetic to your situation; either he is lazy, incompetent, or there is a conflict of interest somewhere in the picture. With the No Contact in place you MAY (again, I don't pretend to KNOW this - just trying to provide some food for thought) be able to get a local 'abuse' group or agency to assist; or a local/state politician to apply some pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong