Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was no report made by the Montana highway patrol when Rebekahs items were found then why in the heck would there be any pictures of the items as they were found on the beach? It seems to me that if there was enough suspicion of something to take photos of the items as they were found, there would be a report including those files…correct?

If there was no report made by the Montana highway patrol when Rebekahs items were found then why in the heck would there be any pictures of the items as they were found on the beach? It seems to me that if there was enough suspicion of something to take photos of the items as they were found, there would be a report including those files…correct?

I agree. It's just another layer of bizarre in the handling of this missing person case. I believe the pictures were taken by Mineral County Deputies that were called to the scene by Montana Highway Patrol. I'm speculating here, maybe the pictures were from their body camera footage? When I was researching the Mineral Sheriff I learned body cameras were some new items he purchased when he first arrived. I will ask Rebekah's mom about the pictures of the items as they were found on the beach/riverbank.

estranged husband is not a suspect and Rebekah's mom was told he never would be. .... The overall handling of the case is very bizarre.

Looks to my NON-EXPERT eyes like you are not likely to get to the bottom of this (if local LE already has their minds made up) if someone is being protected. An outside authority or lawyer/private investigator (not from this town), and/or a reward for information might open things up....

I don't have an answer to your question, but thought I would share what I'm seeing in another case right now.

This is in Arizona, a Father hired a PI to help find his missing son. The Buckeye Police Department handed over all the evidence to the PI, see links below.
Daniel Robinson: Why his father is 'on a mission' in Arizona
AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

It's my understanding neither Mineral County nor Missoula County were willing to work with PI's or psychics.

Just thinking about Rebekah. If she indeed drowned, why hasn't her body turned up yet. There were a couple of bodies recovered from the river in the past, so found. Came by a phenomena that is called a "strainer" in the river. This is an example of an accident with a strainer was involved.
American Whitewater

"It’s the same thing on a river with strainers. Water can pass through, but a person or a kayak can’t. A person or a kayak will be pinned against the strainer and potentially dragged underwater, which can be fatal. An example is a fallen tree, which traps the kayak. Water pressure from flowing river builds up and can push the kayak underwater, sometimes with the paddler still inside."

Examples of river strainers
  • Tires
  • Shopping carts
  • Limbs
  • Vines
  • Branches
  • Logs
  • Vehicles
  • Fences
  • Fallen trees
What Are Strainers On A River? Tips To Stay Safe

Just thinking about Rebekah. If she indeed drowned, why hasn't her body turned up yet. There were a couple of bodies recovered from the river in the past, so found. Came by a phenomena that is called a "strainer" in the river. This is an example of an accident with a strainer was involved.
American Whitewater

"It’s the same thing on a river with strainers. Water can pass through, but a person or a kayak can’t. A person or a kayak will be pinned against the strainer and potentially dragged underwater, which can be fatal. An example is a fallen tree, which traps the kayak. Water pressure from flowing river builds up and can push the kayak underwater, sometimes with the paddler still inside."

• Tires
  • Shopping carts
  • Limbs
  • Vines
  • Branches
  • Logs
  • Vehicles
  • Fences
  • Fallen trees

I hope somebody posts a reward. My NON-EXPERT conclusion from this thread (plus some poking around on the net) is that it is MUCH more likely that there was 'foul play' involved, vs. purely accidental drowning/disappearance.

I hope somebody posts a reward. My NON-EXPERT conclusion from this thread (plus some poking around on the net) is that it is MUCH more likely that there was 'foul play' involved, vs. purely accidental drowning/disappearance.

I tend to think that too. Especially because most of the bodies are "given back" by the river after a certain amount of time. There were a few found in the last years. Recent they found the body of an older man. Why is Rebekah still not found?

It's my understanding neither Mineral County nor Missoula County were willing to work with PI's or psychics.
Report a Person Missing
Shield-2017-MP-Poster.jpg

Please complete Texas EquuSearch’s Missing Person Report below and EMAIL it, along with the Missing Person’s photograph in .jpg format as an email attachment to missing@texasequusearch.org.

Please contact our office at (281) 309-9500 to notify us that the Missing Person’s Report and the photograph have been sent.

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved.

Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case. If the family requests our help, law enforcement MUST approve our assistance after the request is made by the family.

Missing Persons Report (Word)Download
Missing Persons Report (PDF Form)Download
Prior to making the report it is recommended that you read “How, When and Why We Search.”

How about Texas EquuSearch?

American Whitewater

• Tires
  • Shopping carts
  • Limbs
  • Vines
  • Branches
  • Logs
  • Vehicles
  • Fences
  • Fallen trees
This is interesting information. Thank you for researching and sharing this.

American Whitewater

• Tires
  • Shopping carts
  • Limbs
  • Vines
  • Branches
  • Logs
  • Vehicles
  • Fences
  • Fallen trees

Thank you for thinking about Rebekah. We are approaching 3 months missing now and coming upon winter, sad, and lost.

This is interesting information. Thank you for researching and sharing this.

I still think foul play is involved too. Rebekah's mom has discussed reward with her attorney. There has not been a final decision but there have been pledges if they decide to post a reward.

Report a Person Missing
Shield-2017-MP-Poster.jpg

Please complete Texas EquuSearch’s Missing Person Report below and EMAIL it, along with the Missing Person’s photograph in .jpg format as an email attachment to missing@texasequusearch.org.

Please contact our office at (281) 309-9500 to notify us that the Missing Person’s Report and the photograph have been sent.

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved.

Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case. If the family requests our help, law enforcement MUST approve our assistance after the request is made by the family.

Missing Persons Report (Word)Download
Missing Persons Report (PDF Form)Download
Prior to making the report it is recommended that you read “How, When and Why We Search.”

How about Texas EquuSearch?
Thank you for this reference. Rebekah's mom has submitted twice and both requests were denied. I don't know why.

Our heart goes out to this family but we hope with this massive search for this missing man, Rebekah Barsotti will be found. The water search site is near where we would have expected to find Rebekah if she was in the river. The land search that was never approved for Rebekah, covers areas of interest as well. K9 team from Minnesota is searching the water again; land search is taking place for Taylor Simonson. Maybe it will lead to Rebekah.

https://www.kpax.com/news/missoula-county/info-sought-on-man-reported-missing-near-missoula

Our heart goes out to this family but we hope with this massive search for this missing man, Rebekah Barsotti will be found. The water search site is near where we would have expected to find Rebekah if she was in the river. The land search that was never approved for Rebekah, covers areas of interest as well. K9 team from Minnesota is searching the water again; land search is taking place for Taylor Simonson. Maybe it will lead to Rebekah.

https://www.kpax.com/news/missoula-county/info-sought-on-man-reported-missing-near-missoula

Fingers crossed they find Rebekah (and him).

GOOD LUCK !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member