Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti and Dog Cerberus Last Seen at Town Pump Gas Station #2

A lot of this speculation is unnecessary as there are vehicle GPS, phone pings, text messages, video, and fitness tracker records on the phone.

MOO but it's important that journalists not be so emotionally involved in reporting, that they may interpret things only in a way that agrees with the family's position. The narrator is incorrect about a number of details but I'm not going into all of them.

There was not a witness claiming to have seen RB at the river on July 20, 2017 and LE never said that and that is not what is said in the other news agency's clip shown. This was not a "story change" when LE said the last place RB was seen (in person) was at the gas station.

Part B of the rules for filing for divorce, RB did not have a waiting period to file. AM said RB and DB couldn't yet afford the divorce filing costs. LE /the courts have to follow the law that applies to the Barsotti as a married couple, it's not a choice.

DB was never accused of assaulting B. Because the DV charging code used in his court case, includes both assault and threats, it has been repeatedly claimed the charge was for assault. It was not, it was for the statement RB made, that DB said he would/threatened to shoot/blow her hands off.

The selfie was taken in Missoula, as discussed up-thread, not in Superior,
it has never before been stated RB was in Superior hours before meeting to get her belongings.

Nothing implies that there is no video of RB at the river on July 20, 2017.
AM has said she was shown the video and nothing AM said implied that it wasn't RB using RB's phone to film her dog at the river. Again, these claims ignore all the technology that follows RB's travels that day.

@NoSpoonFeeding - I followed this case early on, but lost track over time. I couldn't sleep the other night and was looking for a podcast to drift off to. Hence my post.

I'll read back as time allows, but thought I'd save some steps by asking you what you think happened to RB? You seem to have a good grasp of the facts, in that you contradicted a good deal of what the podcast host laid out? Generally this person seems to be reputable in the fact department, but I'm interested in other POVs.

A lot of this speculation is unnecessary as there are vehicle GPS, phone pings, text messages, video, and fitness tracker records on the phone.

MOO but it's important that journalists not be so emotionally involved in reporting, that they may interpret things only in a way that agrees with the family's position. The narrator is incorrect about a number of details but I'm not going into all of them.

There was not a witness claiming to have seen RB at the river on July 20, 2017 and LE never said that and that is not what is said in the other news agency's clip shown. This was not a "story change" when LE said the last place RB was seen (in person) was at the gas station.

Part B of the rules for filing for divorce, RB did not have a waiting period to file. AM said RB and DB couldn't yet afford the divorce filing costs. LE /the courts have to follow the law that applies to the Barsotti as a married couple, it's not a choice.

DB was never accused of assaulting B. Because the DV charging code used in his court case, includes both assault and threats, it has been repeatedly claimed the charge was for assault. It was not, it was for the statement RB made, that DB said he would/threatened to shoot/blow her hands off.

The selfie was taken in Missoula, as discussed up-thread, not in Superior,
it has never before been stated RB was in Superior hours before meeting to get her belongings.

Nothing implies that there is no video of RB at the river on July 20, 2017.
AM has said she was shown the video and nothing AM said implied that it wasn't RB using RB's phone to film her dog at the river. Again, these claims ignore all the technology that follows RB's travels that day.
You have made good points. I'm just thinking someone could also wear her smartwatch, have her phone and so it pings where it does. I haven't followed this tragic case but if there is video footage of her training her dog at the river then that's something that at least visually puts her there. Although if she was filmed training her dog it could be it was legitimate but something happened afterwards. I'm just trying to picture that day and some of the events. I don't dispute she was at the river. Someone could have tracked her movements as to where she was travelling like using a GPS tracker unknown to her. At a convenient time something could have occurred untoward if the other individual/s were not in sight of her but were watching her for the right moment.

There is no such video. Any video of her and the dog in the public is from a prior date and different location. Laura can correct me if I am wrong.

There are two videos, but only one is public. One is from the day she disappeared, which the family doesn't have possession of but LE let them watch it a couple of times. This video allegedly shows her training Cerb on the banks of the river.

Imo

Eta: Post in thread 'MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward' Found Deceased - MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Last edited:
My niece, Rebecca Barsotti, was last seen July 20, 2021, at 2:15 pm at the Town Pump in Superior, MT. According to Law Enforcement, she and her dog went missing from the Clark Fork River, I 90 exit 71 rest area (Alberton Rest Area/ Alberton Rock Climbing), in Mineral County Montana on that same day. Mineral County Sheriff’s Office believe Rebekah and her dog drowned. The Mineral County Sheriff’s Office base their river drowning theory on the fact Rebekah’s vehicle was parked /deserted at the rest area and some personal belongings were found scattered on the east side of the climbing rock’s riverbank. There was later found a video of Rebekah training her dog on Rebekah’s phone recorded at this location. The last ping on Rebekah’s phone was at 3:15. A passerby claimed to have found Rebekah’s belongings on the riverbank and called MT Highway Patrol. They arrived and in turn called Mineral County Sheriff Office. The scene where Rebekah’s belongings were found on the riverbank was never secured, fingerprints were never taken from her personal items, fingerprints were never taken from the vehicle, and scent dogs were never brought in to determine if Rebekah in fact went in the river. Nobody saw Rebekah go in the river. The incident, according to the first Mineral County Sheriff deputy on the scene, was always considered a river accident and not a crime which is why those investigative measures were never taken. The Mineral County Sheriff’s Department and the Missoula County Sheriff’s Department have been working the search and rescue on the river. At one point their search efforts were discontinued but they later resumed but scaled back to twice a week. As of today, that might have ceased as well. Search crews recovered Rebekah’s dog on Monday July 26, 2021, approximately 10 miles downriver from where Rebekah’s personal belongings and vehicle were found. Further down river than they expected. No necropsy of the dog was performed Thevet said the dog was too decomposed. This is contrary to what Mineral County was stating (they were stating necropsy performed). The dog was cremated with its e-collar on because the vet claimed she could not remove it. It was discovered after cremation of Rebekah’s dog that the vet that claimed the dog was too decomposed to necropsy and the estranged husband are friends. Members of the local community formed small (primarily water) search teams daily beginning Friday 7/30/21 but even that has since scaled back due to expense and fear of repercussions. Rebekah is still missing.

Rebekah had recently left an abusive marriage, filed assault charges and had a No Contact Order (March 2021) because she feared for herself and her dog. Someone said Rebekah’s husband threatened to drown Rebekah and her dog two weeks prior (prior to July 20, 2021). Rebekah’s estranged husband continued making threats on Rebekah and her dog’s life per text conversations between Rebekah and her mother, which both Sheriff’s Departments are aware of. The estranged husband is due in court in September 2021 for the assault charge.

Rebekah went missing after meeting her estranged husband’s “caretaker” (better explanation on this below) at a gas station (Town Pump Superior, MT) for an exchange of Rebekah’s personal items from the marital home.

Mineral County Sheriff Office and Missoula County Sheriff office refuse to investigate as a domestic violence issue and say the husband is not a suspect and he never will be despite the allegations of domestic violence, he supposedly has an alibi. They also will not entertain any other number of possible scenarios such as abduction, human trafficking, etc.

Search efforts are only being handled as a search for a missing woman, victim of a water accident, on the river. Land searches are not taking place by law enforcement (except at boat launch and exit areas). Many nonprofit SAR groups have offered to help but law enforcement will not invite them to search.

We have learned that the estranged husband has held himself out to be an ex-marine in special ops and has disabilities from war that render him almost an invalid. The husband had a previous wife convinced of this as well as his current wife (my niece Rebekah) her family, the VA, and law-enforcement. A man that once worked for the estranged husband when he owned TreadstoneConstruction Company has confirmed the estranged husband lived this military lie with different versions. The truth (from the employee) is the husband never completed Marine boot camp. He apparently was injured in training at bootcamp and discharged. But according to this previous employee even this scenariohad a grandeur twist of a top-secret operation in boot camp rendering him disabled. The husband is a pathological liar, telling lies to cover lies, which renders him dangerous, and he should be suspect in his current wife’s disappearance. The estranged husband has even gone so far as to claim he retired from the marines and fabricates a humanitarian effort for service members with no one to share Thanksgiving with called “orphans thanksgiving”.

Thanksgiving dinner a big hit at Bootlegger's Bar

The estranged husband did not retire from the military, he didn’t do 20 years, and he never went overseas to come back to no one to spend thanksgiving with.

According to the previous employee, “David is perhaps the most narcissistic compulsively lying sociopath he has ever met, and he puts nothing past him. “

We have since learned that he was also physically and mentally violent in his previous marriage which ended in divorce and the previous wife still fears for her life. The previous wife has called both Sheriff’sDepartments to provide information about her life experiences with her ex-husband now Rebekah’s estranged husband.

We have contacted Montana Department of Crime Investigations, Montana Dept of Justice, and FBI, with no success for intervention. We have attempted to find national help to make Rebekah’s disappearance go national with no luck.

Per a phone call to the MT Highway Patrol for a copy of their report, they claim they never made a report from their call to the scene.
—————-

Thread #1
Has the family thought of perhaps that Rebekah was tracked by GPS? Its so easy to put these things into bags, purses, attach them to cars underneath. There are occasions when abusive parties have done this and then gone on to harm the victim. From what I've read so far about Rebekah's case is that its possible. MOO.

I wonder if she ever made it to Alberton rock.
There is video of her and the dog there from that day playing in the river.
There is no such video.
“We know she was at that location where her stuff was found, because there’s video on her phone of that area,” Angela said.

@NoSpoonFeeding - I followed this case early on, but lost track over time. I couldn't sleep the other night and was looking for a podcast to drift off to. Hence my post.

I'll read back as time allows, but thought I'd save some steps by asking you what you think happened to RB? You seem to have a good grasp of the facts, in that you contradicted a good deal of what the podcast host laid out? Generally this person seems to be reputable in the fact department, but I'm interested in other POVs.
I know you didn’t ask me but really Occam’s razor really seems to fit this case. Rebecca & Cerebus we’re at the river, one went in and the other went in to save the other. Most likely they both drowned as a result of an accident.

My niece, Rebecca Barsotti, was last seen July 20, 2021, at 2:15 pm at the Town Pump in Superior, MT. According to Law Enforcement, she and her dog went missing from the Clark Fork River, I 90 exit 71 rest area (Alberton Rest Area/ Alberton Rock Climbing), in Mineral County Montana on that same day. Mineral County Sheriff’s Office believe Rebekah and her dog drowned. The Mineral County Sheriff’s Office base their river drowning theory on the fact Rebekah’s vehicle was parked /deserted at the rest area and some personal belongings were found scattered on the east side of the climbing rock’s riverbank. There was later found a video of Rebekah training her dog on Rebekah’s phone recorded at this location. The last ping on Rebekah’s phone was at 3:15. A passerby claimed to have found Rebekah’s belongings on the riverbank and called MT Highway Patrol. They arrived and in turn called Mineral County Sheriff Office. The scene where Rebekah’s belongings were found on the riverbank was never secured, fingerprints were never taken from her personal items, fingerprints were never taken from the vehicle, and scent dogs were never brought in to determine if Rebekah in fact went in the river. Nobody saw Rebekah go in the river. The incident, according to the first Mineral County Sheriff deputy on the scene, was always considered a river accident and not a crime which is why those investigative measures were never taken. The Mineral County Sheriff’s Department and the Missoula County Sheriff’s Department have been working the search and rescue on the river. At one point their search efforts were discontinued but they later resumed but scaled back to twice a week. As of today, that might have ceased as well. Search crews recovered Rebekah’s dog on Monday July 26, 2021, approximately 10 miles downriver from where Rebekah’s personal belongings and vehicle were found. Further down river than they expected. No necropsy of the dog was performed Thevet said the dog was too decomposed. This is contrary to what Mineral County was stating (they were stating necropsy performed). The dog was cremated with its e-collar on because the vet claimed she could not remove it. It was discovered after cremation of Rebekah’s dog that the vet that claimed the dog was too decomposed to necropsy and the estranged husband are friends. Members of the local community formed small (primarily water) search teams daily beginning Friday 7/30/21 but even that has since scaled back due to expense and fear of repercussions. Rebekah is still missing.

Rebekah had recently left an abusive marriage, filed assault charges and had a No Contact Order (March 2021) because she feared for herself and her dog. Someone said Rebekah’s husband threatened to drown Rebekah and her dog two weeks prior (prior to July 20, 2021). Rebekah’s estranged husband continued making threats on Rebekah and her dog’s life per text conversations between Rebekah and her mother, which both Sheriff’s Departments are aware of. The estranged husband is due in court in September 2021 for the assault charge.

Rebekah went missing after meeting her estranged husband’s “caretaker” (better explanation on this below) at a gas station (Town Pump Superior, MT) for an exchange of Rebekah’s personal items from the marital home.

Mineral County Sheriff Office and Missoula County Sheriff office refuse to investigate as a domestic violence issue and say the husband is not a suspect and he never will be despite the allegations of domestic violence, he supposedly has an alibi. They also will not entertain any other number of possible scenarios such as abduction, human trafficking, etc.

Search efforts are only being handled as a search for a missing woman, victim of a water accident, on the river. Land searches are not taking place by law enforcement (except at boat launch and exit areas). Many nonprofit SAR groups have offered to help but law enforcement will not invite them to search.

We have learned that the estranged husband has held himself out to be an ex-marine in special ops and has disabilities from war that render him almost an invalid. The husband had a previous wife convinced of this as well as his current wife (my niece Rebekah) her family, the VA, and law-enforcement. A man that once worked for the estranged husband when he owned TreadstoneConstruction Company has confirmed the estranged husband lived this military lie with different versions. The truth (from the employee) is the husband never completed Marine boot camp. He apparently was injured in training at bootcamp and discharged. But according to this previous employee even this scenariohad a grandeur twist of a top-secret operation in boot camp rendering him disabled. The husband is a pathological liar, telling lies to cover lies, which renders him dangerous, and he should be suspect in his current wife’s disappearance. The estranged husband has even gone so far as to claim he retired from the marines and fabricates a humanitarian effort for service members with no one to share Thanksgiving with called “orphans thanksgiving”.

The estranged husband did not retire from the military, he didn’t do 20 years, and he never went overseas to come back to no one to spend thanksgiving with.

According to the previous employee, “David is perhaps the most narcissistic compulsively lying sociopath he has ever met, and he puts nothing past him. “

We have since learned that he was also physically and mentally violent in his previous marriage which ended in divorce and the previous wife still fears for her life. The previous wife has called both Sheriff’sDepartments to provide information about her life experiences with her ex-husband now Rebekah’s estranged husband.

We have contacted Montana Department of Crime Investigations, Montana Dept of Justice, and FBI, with no success for intervention. We have attempted to find national help to make Rebekah’s disappearance go national with no luck.

Per a phone call to the MT Highway Patrol for a copy of their report, they claim they never made a report from their call to the scene.
—————-

Thread #1
If a tracker wasn't used then someone driving in the area and saw her and her pup who was known to her estranged husband could have said Rebecca is at this location. Then as one can imagine anything could have happened. Maybe using an ATV to drive there so that a car can't be tracked? Just giving some thought of how it was evaded in regards to Rebecca and her dog's deaths. Just MOO.

Has the family thought of perhaps that Rebekah was tracked by GPS? Its so easy to put these things into bags, purses, attach them to cars underneath. There are occasions when abusive parties have done this and then gone on to harm the victim. From what I've read so far about Rebekah's case is that its possible. MOO.
Yes this has been considered. Unfortunately, (it is my understanding) LE did not seem to think it was possible because no forensics were never run on any of the personal items found on the riverbank when she went missing, on her vehicle, or on the container used to transfer her personal items to her.

The MO that I would have assumed, were this a murder, is that the husband was hiding in his "caretaker's" vehicle, the exchange was made normally and on the camera known to be at the gas station while it was simultaneously confirmed that Rebekah was alone. Then she would have been followed either to the river or stopped along the road somewhere, assaulted, rendered unconscious and/or restrained, taken to the river and put in. Then the caretaker drives them both out.

This theory would explain the tracking data in the car, fitness tracker and cell phone but it has its own obvious complications. Is the caretaker absolutely loyal to keep such a secret? Were the roads and river so completely abandoned that no witnesses would come forward? Does the husband have an alibi and/or supporting tracking data?

I think it was probably an accident, I can't imagine there are as many people covering for this guy as it would require at this point.

The MO that I would have assumed, were this a murder, is that the husband was hiding in his "caretaker's" vehicle, the exchange was made normally and on the camera known to be at the gas station while it was simultaneously confirmed that Rebekah was alone. Then she would have been followed either to the river or stopped along the road somewhere, assaulted, rendered unconscious and/or restrained, taken to the river and put in. Then the caretaker drives them both out.

This theory would explain the tracking data in the car, fitness tracker and cell phone but it has its own obvious complications. Is the caretaker absolutely loyal to keep such a secret? Were the roads and river so completely abandoned that no witnesses would come forward? Does the husband have an alibi and/or supporting tracking data?

I think it was probably an accident, I can't imagine there are as many people covering for this guy as it would require at this point.
IDK about that though sometimes all it takes is a core group of accomplices. Say one or two, sometimes that's all it takes. Even though its a small group pooled together they have recources to pull it off IMO. The other peole aren't accomplices they just believe him over reality. IMO what he said to her was terrifying. I don't think it was a coincidence. MOO.

Reactions: ?!?
IDK about that though sometimes all it takes is a core group of accomplices. Say one or two, sometimes that's all it takes. Even though its a small group pooled together they have recources to pull it off IMO. The other peole aren't accomplices they just believe him over reality. IMO what he said to her was terrifying. I don't think it was a coincidence. MOO.
I suppose it's possible that the veterinary pathologist and the sheriff's department and so on are just lazy and it's easier to take dude's word than to do their jobs. The more there are, the less likely it becomes but bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

I have not been able to find Mineral County's written rules regarding employees of the MCSO and their side businesses. Do such rules exist? Is there an employee code of conduct posted anywhere? Please post here.

Relating to that, are there any rules in Mineral County for employees of the MCSO to disclose to the employer any customers of these side businesses who come under investigation by the MCSO? Must employees disclose and recuse themselves from investigating customers of one of their side business? Conflict of interest rules?

That is all.

I have not been able to find Mineral County's written rules regarding employees of the MCSO and their side businesses. Do such rules exist? Is there an employee code of conduct posted anywhere? Please post here.

Relating to that, are there any rules in Mineral County for employees of the MCSO to disclose to the employer any customers of these side businesses who come under investigation by the MCSO? Must employees disclose and recuse themselves from investigating customers of one of their side business? Conflict of interest rules?

That is all.

@Gina20
Found MC's Employee Handbook. I haven't read it, but if there's an Ethics or Conflict of Interest section, perhaps your answer is there.?
HTH.

Attachments

• Policy-Final-with-2021-updates.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

That is all.

In my non-expert opinion, this should cover it:

@Gina20
Found MC's Employee Handbook. I haven't read it, but if there's an Ethics or Conflict of Interest section, perhaps your answer is there.?
HTH.
The Prohibited Conduct section beginning on page 67 is interesting. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back