Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the muddy waters comment wasn't meant to include you. I was just meaning that the lack of available info, and the family not being happy can add more confusion with the poor reporting. I think the family is really upset and angry that LE has suggested suicide as a possibility and they want to find evidence to refute it. (Which is definitely their right to feel and do.) The reporting on their feelings makes it seem like LE is just not doing anything and the family is left to investigate.
Wow! I an new to websleuths and I think this is the nicest forum I have ever joined.
Looking out for the victim/victims we will all make mistakes but I have yet to see an actual drag out fight here.
You ladies and gents rock!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the multiple posts.....I didn't see any CCTV - just lights....but then I'm pretty close to being blind.

Thanks for being so intrepid!
If you look at the raw footage at the bottom of this story you see where the car was parked in front of the blue building to the left on S. Spotted from S. Geiger. The Pontiac is visible in the open scenes (I think in the location it was found in)...the trunk is open and and you can see a spoiler* attached to the trunk...this spoiler is later visible when it is being towed away...)
http://globalnews.ca/news/2927247/k...d-husband-from-trunk-of-car-before-her-death/

*spoiler, as in aerodynamic piece on back of a car, not as in revealing the plot... ;)

Thanks for being so intrepid!
If you look at the raw footage at the bottom of this story you see where the car was parked in front of the blue building to the left on S. Spotted from S. Geiger. The Pontiac is visible in the open scenes (I think in the location it was found in)...the trunk is open and and you can see a spoiler* attached to the trunk...this spoiler is later visible when it is being towed away...)
http://globalnews.ca/news/2927247/k...d-husband-from-trunk-of-car-before-her-death/

*spoiler, as in aerodynamic piece on back of a car, not as in revealing the plot... ;)

Thanks for the video. I took a few screenshots of the car. Can anyone tell exactly where this is located by comparing with Blondie's photos?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rita Maze parking lot.jpg
    Rita Maze parking lot.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 353
From Gardener's post #1004 (RSBM):

"Deputies with the Spokane Sheriff’s Office located Maze’s vehicle at 12:36 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Wednesday."

"At 1:19 a.m., deputies located blood on the ground near the vehicle, then located Maze’s body in the trunk and called for medics."

I wonder why it took from 12:36 until 1:19 for the blood to be noticed if it was close to the car?

Well, if the blood was slowly seeping out from the trunk, then perhaps it wasn't there at 12:36 yet.

Thanks for the video. I took a few screenshots of the car. Can anyone tell exactly where this is located by comparing with Blondie's photos?

attachment.php

Google maps doesn't let you get a street view from S. Spotted but Bing maps has good captures of this side street. If you follow this link you will come to the drive-way entrance of the blue building. Rita's car seems to have been found just to the LEFT of this street view in the parking spaces directly in front of the blue building and was facing towards S. Spotted.
https://binged.it/2cUFMqd
ETA: Looks like you'll have to pull down the menu on the top right to access streetside view
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.10.53 PM.jpg
This screen shot above seems pretty close to Blondie's photo #3:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=101194&d=1473711543

attachment.php
[/QUOTE

Okay, I went out there to figure this out. This truck facility is located on the same grounds as Penske, only one block east. It has an adjoining lot but looks from the front like it's a separate business. After I saw Eucalyptuz's video it made more sense.

Here are some photos that I think will clear up the confusion.......

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Okay, I went out there to figure this out. This truck facility is located on the same grounds as Penske, only one block east. It has an adjoining lot but looks from the front like it's a separate business. After I saw Eucalyptuz's video it made more sense.

Here are some photos that I think will clear up the confusion.......

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow Blondie you are awesome to go back there again! I could not figure out where it was from online maps so this helps a lot!

Thanks for replying Gardener.....you made the photos so much clearer! appreciate it!

I still wonder how Rita/perp ended up out in this area.

This just gets curious-er and curious-er, IMO:
Last Thursday, law enforcement said that initial reports of a person of interest in the case were inaccurate, leading some people to speculate that Maze had not been killed by another person.

On Sunday, a British tabloid site posted what it claimed to be a "person of interest" in the case, based on talking with an employee of a convenience store southwest of Spokane.

KHQ TV in Spokane says that they have spoken with a member of the Maze family, and were told that they do not believe the person in the photo was involved in Maze's death.
Read more: http://www.krtv.com/story/33076654/investigation-continues-into-the-death-of-rita-maze

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...d-they-want-answers-after-her-death/316790281

Rita's cousin Leann Kaufman said she is not happy with the FBI's answers and has done her own digging.

"I don't understand the angle. Taking that angle is ludicrous to say the least." "She didn't kill herself, She was murdered,” Kaufman said.

She has gone to the gas station in Ritzville where Maze told family members she was kidnapped.

"While I was in Ritzville, I was able to talk to some people and verify that she was not in their store, A large man was in their store using her card. Which is what she described,” Kaufman said.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...d-they-want-answers-after-her-death/316790281

Rita's cousin Leann Kaufman said she is not happy with the FBI's answers and has done her own digging.

"I don't understand the angle. Taking that angle is ludicrous to say the least." "She didn't kill herself, She was murdered,” Kaufman said.

She has gone to the gas station in Ritzville where Maze told family members she was kidnapped.

"While I was in Ritzville, I was able to talk to some people and verify that she was not in their store, A large man was in their store using her card. Which is what she described,” Kaufman said.

My take is that the FBI doesn't necessarily disagree that it could be murder, just the FBI probably thinks if it was murder, it was an acquaintance murder rather than a stranger murder.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...uld-shed-light-on-montana-kidnapping/41631000

Maze had called her husband on her cell phone to say that she had been kidnapped but now surveillance cameras in Kingston, Idaho could tell a different story. The Kwik Stop in Kingston is one of at least two places where Maze's credit card was used the day she disappeared. The question is who was seen on surveillance video pumping $25 of gas that afternoon, Maze or someone else?

Kwik Stop employees say they don't know the answer because they never looked at the video. The FBI asked for a specific time frame and the store handed over the footage.

Any chance the mystery shopper could be Rita in disguise? They found a hoody in the trunk with her, if I recall correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...uld-shed-light-on-montana-kidnapping/41631000

Maze had called her husband on her cell phone to say that she had been kidnapped but now surveillance cameras in Kingston, Idaho could tell a different story. The Kwik Stop in Kingston is one of at least two places where Maze's credit card was used the day she disappeared. The question is who was seen on surveillance video pumping $25 of gas that afternoon, Maze or someone else?

Kwik Stop employees say they don't know the answer because they never looked at the video. The FBI asked for a specific time frame and the store handed over the footage.

Ooh how odd no one looked and the store didn't keep a copy. The video at that link also says that kxly got a copy of the death certificate.

"Her death certificate obtained Monday lists her cause of death as "a single gunshot wound involving the chest and abdomen." The death certificate reports maze was "found dead in the trunk of car with pistol next to her body."However instead of ruling her death a homicide, the medical examiner wrote "Manner of death: Still pending.""

BBM. Is the info about the pistol being found "next to her body" new info? I think it is.

"Update: Rita's daughter Rochelle said on the KRTV Facebook page on Monday evening that the FBI contacted the family and confirmed that the information in the British tabloid article was false."

source: KRTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member