GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by summer_breeze, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

5. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

6. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

UPDATED: Hundreds of people are scouring the town of Sidney for any signs of missing teacher Sherry Arnold. The 43-year-old woman has been missing since 6:30 a.m. Saturday, when she left her house to go for a jog. On Saturday, authorities recovered her shoe in the northeast part of town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says three canine units from the Border Patrol, Roosevelt County Sheriff's Office and the Miles City Police Department are in town searching for Arnold. In addition to local law enforcement and firefighters, 40 members of the Montana National Guard are assisting officers by searching the rural areas of town. The National Guardsmen were in town for drill, when Arnold disappeared. Brunison says officers are searching by ATV and will use a helicopter to help in the effort.

Additionally, close to 200 people from the community are out searching for the well-known math teacher and coach.

Stay with Q2 for more on this developing story.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/sidney-authorities-recover-shoe-of-missing-teacher/

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Search underway for missing Montana teacher

Friends, family and eastern Montana authorities are desperately searching for a Sidney teacher who has been missing since Saturday morning.

Sherry Arnold went for a jog Saturday morning at about 6:30 and has not returned home.

More: http://www.kbzk.com/news/search-underway-for-missing-montana-teacher/

[​IMG]

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Sidney authorities recover shoe of missing teacher

Authorities in Eastern Montana say they have recovered a shoe belonging to missing Sidney teacher Sherry Arnold. She was last seen around 6:30 am jogging in the town.

Sidney Police Assistant Chief Bob Burnison says the shoe was found in the northeastern part of town, near what is known as the truck route.

More: http://www.kpax.com/news/sidney-authorities-recover-shoe-of-missing-teacher/

'Items' found, still no leads

Authorities say some "items" have been found, but there are no new leads into the whereabouts of missing teacher Sherry Arnold, who disappeared Saturday morning during her normal run.

More: http://www.sidneyherald.com/articles/2012/01/08/news/breaking_news/doc4f0a155052231346983879.txt

9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Oh no...sounds very bad so far...

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search is under way for missing Sidney, Mont., teacher

Police received a call shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday from her husband, Gary Arnold, that she did not return when expected and family members could not locate her after they began looking.

"That was out of character for her. She is a very stable, reliable person," said Sidney Assistant Police Chief Bob Burnison. "At noon, an organized ground search of 300 citizens was started."

A running shoe found around 3:30 p.m. MST Saturday in northeast Sidney "positively belonging to her." said Burnison. "Nothing else was found."

[snip]

More than 1,000 people wanted to help Sunday when the civilian search continued. Burnison said they limited civilian searchers to 300 because they couldn't manage that many people, but have taken names of people who want to help.

11. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

That's what I was thinking :(. If there is a shoe missing, makes me think there was a struggle. I sure hope not! Prayers that Sherry will be found safe and return to her family!

12. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search fails to find missing Sidney, Mont., woman.

A Sidney, Mont., school teacher remains missing despite hundreds searching for her until dark Sunday.

[snip]

Burnison said there is no clear evidence of foul play and it’s still being handled as a missing person search.

But a shoe “positively” identified as Arnold’s was found off the road in a ditch Saturday along a route she normally runs, he said.

Nothing else has been found, he said. No suspects have been identified and no similar incidents have happened recently in the area, Burnison said.

More: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/226044/group/homepage/

14. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

15. bdawk20

bdawk20 New Member

The shoe certainly makes it sound as if she may have been grabbed by someone, and I cringe at hearing it was found in an area known as the "truck route"...that just gives me a terrible feeling. Hope I'm wrong and they can find her soon and safe!

16. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

17. Mendara

Mendara Active Member

A town of only 5,000 people, this just doesn't sound like a stranger abduction, but could be a drive through perp.

18. taagean

taagean taygen

I realize this is a bit off the wall, but I wonder if she could have been hit by one of the trucks and instead of calling ambulance etc. he/they just pulled her in the vehicle and took off.
    They wouldn't want to waste time doing all the reports and interviews especially if the driver was to blame.

19. bdawk20

bdawk20 New Member

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...nold-missing-high-school-teacher-from-montana

This article says she was last seen leaving her house to go for a run. I thought the other link said she was seen out on her run that morning. I'd love them to clarify this....there can be a huge difference between the two. I am certainly not accusing anyone, but if she was never seen after she left the house, how can anyone be sure she ever left the house at all?

20. taagean

taagean taygen

It appears from almost all the links here that she was seen leaving the house at 6:30 to go for a run.However one link states she was seen "about 6:30 jogging around town"

I feel since the time is the same on all reports (6:30), it was just her husband who saw her leave at that time. Haven't seen any eye witness reports seeing her at any other time. The town is very small, so I would figure someone would have seen her.

21. Pedophobe

Pedophobe New Member

i googled a map of the area and looked to the NE where they state her shoe was found. Near 9th Ave and the truck route are train tracks. That part of town appears to be industrial. I can't locate the "ditch" though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.