FL MULBERRY, Fla- East of Tampa, on hill outside a trailer park, Girl, newborn, placenta attached, wrapped in blanket, 28 Jan 2023 *alive*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a case on WS recently (last year?) of teenage parents where the father told the mother he was taking the newborn to a safe haven. For all we know that could also be the case here so it is very harsh imo to criticise the mother before we know any details. Unfortunately in the other case the father concealed the baby in a backpack, then shot and dumped it :( :mad:

There was a case on WS recently (last year?) of teenage parents where the father told the mother he was taking the newborn to a safe haven. For all we know that could also be the case here so it is very harsh imo to criticise the mother before we know any details. Unfortunately in the other case the father concealed the baby in a backpack, then shot and dumped it :( :mad:
Her name was Harper. The mother had chosen a name for her.

WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Yeah, it is. If you watch MASH, all the nurses but Houlihan and Kellye tend to be a revolving cast of temporary actors that are called Nurse Able, Nurse Baker, etc. :)
The military alphabet is:
Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu

The military alphabet is:
Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-Ray, Yankee, Zulu
and this is why occassionally, one of us will type WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot????

My family used to have small Piper airplanes,one called Hotel Niner and the other one was Whiskey.

"It was by the Grace of God that we found the abandoned baby girl when we did, before exposure to the cold or any animals caused her any harm," Sheriff Grady Judd said at the time. "She was left in an extremely vulnerable condition, but she’s a strong little girl, and it looks like she’s doing great."
Polk-Adopted-Girl.jpg

"It was by the Grace of God that we found the abandoned baby girl when we did, before exposure to the cold or any animals caused her any harm," Sheriff Grady Judd said at the time. "She was left in an extremely vulnerable condition, but she’s a strong little girl, and it looks like she’s doing great."
They’ll have to do her DNA at some point to find her parents. For her to be discovered so quickly after she was born, I don’t think it’s the birth mother that left her in the woods.

PCSO reported that despite an extensive effort by detectives, they were never able to locate or identify the girl's birth mother.

That baby is adorable! Those cheeks! And the meltingly happy parents. :). Excellent outcome. Regarding the mother - I hope DNA identifies her and I hope the police are delicate in their treatment, because I truly do not believe that a mentally healthy mother with maturity (i.e. not 14 years old) and resources (i.e. not getting raped by dad or Mom’s boyfriend and not poverty-stricken) makes the choice that was made that night. So with that intellectual understanding, there but for the Grace of God go I, in terms of emotion and judgment. Baby lived, has a family = partial victory. Untangling the rat’s nest of pain, fear and bad decisions that that led to that night for societal good = the rest of the victory that I hope to see.

This may be a name they used to get the baby admitted to the hospital. My old hospital, if they got a patient whose name was unknown, used the surname "Doe" and went through the alphabet (what's the word for this?) Able, Baker, Charlie, Delta, etc.
I work in the medical field and have seen the last name Lnu before. I really have no idea what the circumstances were for that particular patient, but it's definitely a 'thing' in the med field. In our database every patient needs a first and last name on file for things to work properly, and this particular patient's sample came to us with "LNU" as the last name on all the hospital paperwork. I'm not sure if their legal last name is Lnu, or if that was put on the paperwork by the people at the hospital after they were unable to determine the patient's actual last name for whatever reason.

Either way, sounds like Angel Grace's last name isn't Lnu anymore- She was adopted! Extremely happy for her and her new parents!

I work in the medical field and have seen the last name Lnu before. I really have no idea what the circumstances were for that particular patient, but it's definitely a 'thing' in the med field. In our database every patient needs a first and last name on file for things to work properly, and this particular patient's sample came to us with "LNU" as the last name on all the hospital paperwork. I'm not sure if their legal last name is Lnu, or if that was put on the paperwork by the people at the hospital after they were unable to determine the patient's actual last name for whatever reason.

Either way, sounds like Angel Grace's last name isn't Lnu anymore- She was adopted! Extremely happy for her and her new parents!
Lnu = Last Name Unknown

Yes, I know. There was just some confusion as to why she was called Lnu instead of another placeholder last name (like Doe). I was agreeing with the person who said it probably had something to do with the baby being admitted to the hospital.
The surname Doe may have an associated stigma, because, together with the given names John or Jane, Trans, and/or a regional placeholder, it's applied to unidentified deceased individuals. MOO

Last edited:
@caradana I agree the birth mother might have been a teenager.

My first thought was -- afraid to go to the hospital because of residency status, but it doesn't explain thinking you have to give birth in the woods and leaving the baby there instead of somewhere safer. Unless she is homeless and on foot.

How very sad that some girls/women don't feel they can seek hospital care or utilize the safe haven incubators.

Some of the older cases being solved now by DNA were actually adults with resources, but this one doesn't feel that way.

Hopefully the birth mama is healthy and safe. Some girls/women harm the baby or leave the baby somewhere terrible (like a dumpster). This birth-mama didn't.

@caradana I agree the birth mother might have been a teenager.

My first thought was -- afraid to go to the hospital because of residency status, but it doesn't explain thinking you have to give birth in the woods and leaving the baby there instead of somewhere safer. Unless she is homeless and on foot.

How very sad that some girls/women don't feel they can seek hospital care or utilize the safe haven incubators.

Some of the older cases being solved now by DNA were actually adults with resources, but this one doesn't feel that way.

Hopefully the birth mama is healthy and safe. Some girls/women harm the baby or leave the baby somewhere terrible (like a dumpster). This birth-mama didn't.
I think we apply our logically-driven, resourced minds to situations that aren’t and people who aren’t. Of course it violates every element of rational reasoning to abandon a child to die when there’s no-recourse paths to surrender the baby, and I’d argue those paths are even known in these communities. It’s not a rational act. It’s an emotional, limited, poor, probably panicked, not analyzed decision. We think we have made it easy, right? The reality is that even if it was “push one button on your phone and a volunteer human angel will show up within 30 mins and take the baby and you will never be in any trouble” it still wouldn’t work. There is a paralyzing fear and lack of agency. The more we can try to envision that and work on that, the better off we are, societally.

I still think, if this was the mother, entirely too much sympathy is being given to deliberately leaving a baby to die on a cold dark hillside.

That little mite was within earshot of the house that found her. The mother (if it was her) took her past those safe places and left her tiny newborn to die of exposure and scavenging animals, alone and far from help.

You only do that if the goal was to kill her. That's agency. No amount of panic or fear excuses that.

Polk-Adopted-Girl.jpg

Oh, what a beautiful little girl. Her arms, legs, hair, cheeks, those pretty, big eyes -- she's perfect. And could her adoptive parents smile any wider -- I don't think so!
What a happy family they are! A miracle for all three of them!
And the Sheriff has a big smile, too!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay