Murder - I want to help find the truth

Purpel08

Reaction score
Hello- I am trying to find resources on what to do. I had a friend that was killed a few months ago- The police caught someone- but I am uncertain that it was the right person- Does anyone have advice on what I should do? hire a private investigator? I haven't talked to the detective or the DA yet - from what I heard they are not bothering to look any further since they already have charged a suspect - I am sorry I don't want to give too many details because - I am not sure how to proceed and honestly the people that I suspect that were involved are people that I may know - I want to be discreet and also at the same time not make any false accusations - Should I just call the detective and talk to them? my friend that died, his relatives have been talking w/ the detective and they gave me their phone # but I am not sure if they will even listen to me- Are citiczens able to access the Police records and evidence? I heard about the FOI freedom ion information request for journalists - i don't know what to do or where to start-
any help is appreciated- BTW I saw the HBO "I'll be gone in the Dark and that got me thinking I should speak up and make an effort to see if there is some foul play.
Thanks in advance

Hello- I am trying to find resources on what to do. I had a friend that was killed a few months ago- The police caught someone- but I am uncertain that it was the right person- Does anyone have advice on what I should do? hire a private investigator? I haven't talked to the detective or the DA yet - from what I heard they are not bothering to look any further since they already have charged a suspect - I am sorry I don't want to give too many details because - I am not sure how to proceed and honestly the people that I suspect that were involved are people that I may know - I want to be discreet and also at the same time not make any false accusations - Should I just call the detective and talk to them? my friend that died, his relatives have been talking w/ the detective and they gave me their phone # but I am not sure if they will even listen to me- Are citiczens able to access the Police records and evidence? I heard about the FOI freedom ion information request for journalists - i don't know what to do or where to start-
any help is appreciated- BTW I saw the HBO "I'll be gone in the Dark and that got me thinking I should speak up and make an effort to see if there is some foul play.
Thanks in advance

First off, let's say that your circumstancial hunch has a grounds to be hinged upon, you should've brought it up to the presiding officers.
Then again you said that your friend is 'killed' but we would probably need more information to create any opinions on this. Is it Murder? Homicide? or Manslaughter?

I strongly advise that you do not get involve in any communication with the people you are suspecting to be involved in this case albeit it was already closed with the suspect being detained.

A private investigator can probably help a lot, if you want to do it. Citizens cannot access police records unless a court order was issued or probably a private investigator got involve in it. FOI or Freedom of Information isn't really that flexible but of course you can probably scrimp up some information but not evidence or anything like in-depth reports.

Are you comfortable saying why you think Law Enforcement has the wrong suspect? If you have information that could/would change the direction of the investigation to your friend's death you really do need to talk with the detective in charge of his case.

Contact LE with any information you have, ASAP.

Consider your prosecutor/district attorney's office. That office should have a Victim Advocate, if you knew the victim well, you, too, are a crime victim. The Victim Advocate will know LE in your community & will be able to advise you.

Does your area have a tip-line, Crime Stoppers for example?

First off, let's say that your circumstancial hunch has a grounds to be hinged upon, you should've brought it up to the presiding officers.
Then again you said that your friend is 'killed' but we would probably need more information to create any opinions on this. Is it Murder? Homicide? or Manslaughter?

I strongly advise that you do not get involve in any communication with the people you are suspecting to be involved in this case albeit it was already closed with the suspect being detained.

A private investigator can probably help a lot, if you want to do it. Citizens cannot access police records unless a court order was issued or probably a private investigator got involve in it. FOI or Freedom of Information isn't really that flexible but of course you can probably scrimp up some information but not evidence or anything like in-depth reports.

I did not hear about the murder ( it was a murder) until a day or so after it happened so the officers were gone by the time I went and talked to the family-
The reason I think law enforcement has the wrong suspect is ( and this is here-say) certain people that were with the victim , they have conflicting stories and from what other people have said that talked to the investigators their is footage of these certain people going into the house - but no footage of them leaving the house ( as they stated ) and I also am acquainted w/ the suspect ( who is admittedly troubled person) but after weeks , months of processing it - I just cant picture him committing such a vicious act
what is the victim advocate ? is LE stand for law enforcement?

Are you comfortable saying why you think Law Enforcement has the wrong suspect? If you have information that could/would change the direction of the investigation to your friend's death you really do need to talk with the detective in charge of his case.
I don't personally have informay=tion - I have just been on the sidelines talking with the family , the friends of the victim and observing some of the behavior of the victims " so called friends " and the stories just don't add up - I am puzzled as to how the police don't see this as well - I haven't talked to any law enforcement yet though - so maybe they know something I don't - but it seems to me like they just have tunnel vision and just want a conviction regardless of other possibilities- perhaps they have the correct person - but it doesn't seem like they ever entertained the idea of other people being involved

Based on your replies I am afraid your suspicions, whether legitimate or groundless, are destined to remain only that ... suspicions. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. Wanting to make sure he gets Justice is natural. I hope he does. Perhaps you can attend the trial where the evidence used to arrest, accuse and try the perpetrator will make things more clear to you.

I will call the detective- I am sure that he / she has probably heard some of these assertions - but I am not sure they have the manpower to follow up on them ( again just my opinion) and if they won't I will look into a private investigator - thank you for your time

Hi _ I wanted to inquire into my friends murder. The police have a suspect - he was an acquaintance of my friend and I also knew him - but in my opinion - it doesn't add up the trial is still months away- I don't want to give too many details because whoever else may have been involved - i don't want them to know that they are being investigated ( yet)
are there any people that know of a good private investigator in San Diego or LA area if not San Diego?
Thanks in advance

Contact LE with any information you have, ASAP.

Consider your prosecutor/district attorney's office. That office should have a Victim Advocate, if you knew the victim well, you, too, are a crime victim. The Victim Advocate will know LE in your community & will be able to advise you.

Does your area have a tip-line, Crime Stoppers for example?

There are PIs who are unscrupulous, unprofessional, and/or unpopular with law enforcement.

Have you tried a tip line?

SD Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers | Police | City of San Diego Official Website

jmho ymmv lrr

You know, just because there has been one arrest doesn't mean that the investigation into your friend's murder has been concluded. More information allows Law Enforcement to explore all avenues. The tip line advice is sound and can be anonymous. Did you ever contact the detective in charge?

I don't personally have informay=tion - I have just been on the sidelines talking with the family , the friends of the victim and observing some of the behavior of the victims " so called friends " and the stories just don't add up - I am puzzled as to how the police don't see this as well - I haven't talked to any law enforcement yet though - so maybe they know something I don't - but it seems to me like they just have tunnel vision and just want a conviction regardless of other possibilities- perhaps they have the correct person - but it doesn't seem like they ever entertained the idea of other people being involved
Has this suspect been charged? I think it's important to remember that LE doesn't disclose all the evidence they have prior to a trial. They may have forensic evidence from the crime scene, witnesses or even video evidence.
However, if you are concerned or feel you have information the would assist LE that IMO you should call the tip line or go in and speak to the detective in charge (if possible).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back