Murdered Cousin

Discussion in 'Registration, Membership and Features' started by Teresap007, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Teresap007

Teresap007 New Member

I'm trying to find information regarding the 1994 murder of Steven Wayne Prebilske. For years I thought he died of an overdose in a motel room in Victoria, Tecas. Then it was he was murdered in the hotel room. An anonymous female called for a welfare check on the room and that was how he was discovered. On Find A Grave, he died in Port O'Connor, Texas. I can't find anything about his murder on the internet as far as I know it remains unsolved. No one ever talks about it which is how the family handles everything from addiction, affairs, secret pregnancies, pedophilia and the beat goes on.

Looloo, sloane7777 and melodyl like this.
  2. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

There really was next to nothing that I was able to find. According the Victoria Advocate, he was found deceased at the Welch Motel. The motel used to be at 1811 Broadway, Port Lavaca, TX. It was torn down in 2005.

Attached Files:

3. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Looks like Port O'Conner is in Calhoun County, Texas.

The district attorney's office

Calhoun County Texas

should have a Victim Advocate. If Mr. Prebilske is your cousin, you are a victim of this crime. The Victim Advocate may be able to help you get copies of the LE case file and help you connect to resources in the area relating to your cousin's situation.

Best, Laughing

Looloo and sloane7777 like this.
  4. CCJD

CCJD Well-Known Member

The motel address is/was in Port Lavaca but that is also in Calhoun County.

Looloo and Laughing like this.
  5. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Gosh are we related :), No seriously I have the exact same situation, I found a distant family member that kinda stayed away from everyone and she had all kinds of info on my murdered cousin , I suggest family wise you find that person that wasn't really around much , if you have one they seem to be a wealth of knowledge, oddly I didn't even know she existed

Looloo and Laughing like this.