My Country Tis of Thee

shiloh

Reaction score
I rarely use the word "country." I wouldn't be able to tell you when I last used it. But it is in the note, and it is also used quite extensively by the Ramseys, especially John. I just thought I'd point it out.

Phony Ransom Note:
We respect your bussiness but not the country that it serves.

CNN 1/1/97:
JR: I want the best minds this country has to offer to help us resolve this.

PR: That's why we have to find out who did this, so the nation can be restored to knowing that there are still good Christian families and most of our country is that way, it's just the bad ones gets the publicity.

Daily Camera Interview 5/2/97:
JR: And so he retained counsel for Patsy and I. And we later learned, and later was really the next few days, that the reason he did this is that sadly, for our country, most tragedies of this nature, the killing of a child, apparently in the majority of cases are family related.
JR: And I think that's a tragic statement for our country but because we were the parents of JonBenet we were automatically put in the suspect pool and so to not have knowledgeable counsel, my close friend felt, would be foolish.
JR: It's a tragedy that many children are killed in this country every year.
JR: Well, it's - you know at first we were shocked, and then outraged, and then we understood statistically that's a sad state of affairs - that that's apparently the majority of cases like this in our country family members or parents are ultimately involved so we accepted being suspects.
JR: But I think we also as a country and perhaps some of you as a reporting entity - enemy - are cynics.
JR: Well, we think we are a normal American family that loves and values their children much like most of the families in this country.
PR: We have very dear friends in Atlanta and other parts of the country.

JR's Letter to the Media, 9/28/98:
It is not true that you can buy justice in this country, but sadly, it does take money to protect your rights against abuse of the law by those charged with its application.

Today Show, 3/20/00:
PR: In this country, if you're guilty, you need an attorney. But if you are innocent, you had better have the best attorney that you can find.
PR: The media is so powerful. They can--can formulate public opinion in this country.
JR: We want the foundation to focus on protecting America's children against predators. I would like the murder of a child to be treated in this country as a federal offense.
JR: We should, as a country, respond to that the best that we can.

Larry King Live, 3/27/00:
PR: I'm worried for the entire country.

Larry King Live, 3/28/00:
PR: People from all over the country come here and leave pieces of artwork, and poetry, and flowers, and toys, and they all bring a little angel and hang it on the tree.
JR: The single-most significant thing we could do as a country to impact crime is to establish a national DNA bank.
JR: We -- you know, what we have learned is that there's evil in all parts of the country.

Burden of Proof, 4/28/00:
PR: If I were in charge today, I would hire two or three of this country's top homicide detectives.
JR: ....my family has probably been investigated more than any families in the country.

DOI: (I do not have this book; these are from excerpts available on the internet, so I don't know who is responsible for which statement, and there are undoubtedly many more instances of this in their book.)

We tried to explain that Santa was still working his way across the country.

Another strange component in the crime was the signature of S.B.T.C. at the end of the ransom note. What could this strange series of letters actually mean? Speculation grew as the note and the signature spread across the country.

On the morning of Dec. 26, 1996, we were typical Americans who believed that America was a great country.

Larry King Live, 5/31/00:
JR: We went to the best polygrapher in the country.
PR: You know, this has subverted justice in this country like nothing in the history of the Constitution of this country.
PR: Well, somebody better get worried about it [someone 'out there'], because there are children in this country that are just as vulnerable as JonBenet was.

That's a lot of instances of the use of the word "country" in just a few conversations. I doubt that I have used that word this many times throughout my entire life (which covers several decades, to be sure).

Wow, shiloh, that's very interesting! Yes, I think as much as Patsy tried to make it look like a "foreign faction" wrote the note, it was her. You can try and disguise your writing, but it's hard.

Also remember the word "hence" that showed up on the Xmas card? That's one you don't use all the time.

I think John saw the note, and probably about choked on his tongue. Then I think he found the body at 10:00, which is what he told his son. And the time had nothing to do with time-zones (I remember some people trying to explain this away by saying he was telling his son who was coming from a different time zone-or something like that). Lucky for him, Ardnt sent him to look around the crime scene...so "poof" he finds her again.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that information.

Wow Shiloh, interesting catches. Lizard Tongue sure did like that word, didn't he?

Shiloh, you deserve an eye catching award, thank you. I am going to dig out my DOI.

Quoting part of Shiloh,

"JR's Letter to the Media, 9/28/98:
It is not true that you can buy justice in this country, but sadly, it does take money to protect your rights against abuse of the law by those charged with its application."

I might add that JR bringing their computer company quickly to an annual figure of one billion dollars through HIS sales efforts was because he was and IS a great salesman. Patsy studied marketing as well IF I remember clearly.

I do remember reading IN DOI the Ramseys quoting Hitler, in that "IF you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it".

I will repeat a portion of the quote above from Media, 9/28/98,

"but sadly, it does take money to protect your rights against abuse of the law by those charged with its application."

This is exactly what he wishes us ALL to believe, but I am not buying it. This is still part of his salesmanship.

Great job Shiloh!
By the way I nearly always just SAY America! His reference to 'THIS country' collides with 'THAT child'.

Very good work shiloh.

It is this kind of analysis that connects Patsy to the crime and at the same time is a key into the machinations of her mind.

If you have the patience to do that work with "country" then you might find it interesting to do the same with "insight" in The Psalms, DOI and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Use The New International Version Study Bible, as that is the one that was on the desk in the Ramsey home.
Your good finding brings up the apparent fusion between John and Patsy's language that shows up in the transcripts and DOI. This has always bothered me and I can see how people can conclude that both the R's had a hand in the crime.

But the fusion of language might be due to Patsy's absorption of personality elements from other people that sufferers of identity disorders sometimes exhibit.

Congratulations on your approach as well as your effort.

I knew that the Ramseys had used the phrase "and hence" in their 1997 Christmas message. What I hadn't realised was that John Ramsey also used it in an interview:-

On October 12, 2000, the Ramsey's did a webcast interview with Newseum (www.newsuem.org). In the interview, John Ramsey makes the following statement:

"The justice system is a government organization. And hence, should be looked at with some degree of skepticism."​
http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Evidently it's meant to be a constant reminder of how things are supposed to be "in this country", innocent until proven guilty by a jury and like that.

An appeal to get citizens' minds onto our patriotism instead of them. (What you might say to a perceived lynch mob?)

Don't know if we would make the same kind of attempt if we were in their shoes. Would we?

Eagle1 said:
Evidently it's meant to be a constant reminder of how things are supposed to be "in this country", innocent until proven guilty by a jury and like that.

An appeal to get citizens' minds onto our patriotism instead of them. (What you might say to a perceived lynch mob?)

Don't know if we would make the same kind of attempt if we were in their shoes. Would we?

Well, it's worked for GW so far! But you'll have to excuse me if I find these statements a little disingenuous, Eagle1, especially since Patsy seems to have been daring LE to try them:

"If you think I'm guilty, let's have a trial and get it over with."

And:

"even if we're guilty, he shouldn't set himself up as the justice deparment."

Lynch mob?! Bah!

I didn't say there is any lynch mob. Just that the R's "may have" feared there might be one if they didn't steer things, right? Just going along with the crowd.

There's a lot of crime cases on A&E in the day time, and today someone on some program there was saying sometimes cases are solved 50 yrs later. We may be just getting started.

Eagle1 said:
I didn't say there is any lynch mob. Just that the R's "may have" feared there might be one if they didn't steer things, right? Just going along with the crowd.

There's a lot of crime cases on A&E in the day time, and today someone on some program there was saying sometimes cases are solved 50 yrs later. We may be just getting started.

Okay, that's different. I simply meant that, if they were (are?) guilty, it's a pretty sleazy ploy. As is their religious posturing, but that's for another time.

Just getting started? We may be, indeed.

SuperDave said:
Okay, that's different. I simply meant that, if they were (are?) guilty, it's a pretty sleazy ploy. As is their religious posturing, but that's for another time.

Just getting started? We may be, indeed.

Yeah, and I don't think we're supposed to discuss religion, pro or con, at WS. Maybe there's a thread that could use your comment at another forum we know each other from? I haven't been there near as much as here and hope I don't forget to look.

I had no idea you're no longer allowed to post there, Narlacat! So sorry it happened to you, didn't even know it could happen there. I've often been concerned about you here.

As you know, I was concerned about you two Aussies maybe getting banned here one time, so I posted to her that you were probably kidding.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it.

I wasn't referring to religion itself, Eagle1. We could go there, or PMs is fine.

Yes, Narlacat was banned there. She told me a while ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back