My father may be linked to the Texas killing fields.

Discussion in 'Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45' started by Walkingproof, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Walkingproof

Walkingproof Active Member

One small thing that stands out but can not confirm for sure...

They said that Cook came here with her girlfriend?? I found a record that mentions a woman who was part of a auto claim involving Cook were they both filed against the insurance company. That women has the same last name as my Mother name at the time.

Was this girlfriend a lover or just a friend? It’s a small possibility that this person was related my my mother by marriage.

Not 100% sure and I have more questions then answers.. do we know anything about the girlfriend?

It’s probably not connected but it’s worth looking into to rule out.

Other then that my father lived within close proximity to both women at different points but no smoking gun, yet.

Still digging. :)

katydid23, Niner, denise_109 and 6 others like this.

2. Walkingproof

Walkingproof Active Member

Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)

3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Masks Are Critical Not Political

It sounds like you've found a very rewarding endeavor!

4. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

Let me say: you are not a fruit loop. Shake that off. How wonderful that the pain you endured, still not having answers, lead you on this path of helping others. I think it's great!

Niner, Walkingproof, JDough and 2 others like this.
  5. tiffcats

tiffcats New Member

Re: Kevin Edison Smith, does anybody know his whereabouts prior to 1998? I don't believe that Krystal Baker was his first victim. He was 31 when he killed her and going on the history of sex offenders/sex killers, this is a relatively late starting age.

6. tiffcats

tiffcats New Member

I would also like any info on his (Kevin Edison Smith) arrest record prior to 1996, any sex offences etc.

Keishi likes this.