My father may be linked to the Texas killing fields.

Walkingproof

Reaction score
One small thing that stands out but can not confirm for sure...

They said that Cook came here with her girlfriend?? I found a record that mentions a woman who was part of a auto claim involving Cook were they both filed against the insurance company. That women has the same last name as my Mother name at the time.

Was this girlfriend a lover or just a friend? It’s a small possibility that this person was related my my mother by marriage.

Not 100% sure and I have more questions then answers.. do we know anything about the girlfriend?

It’s probably not connected but it’s worth looking into to rule out.

Other then that my father lived within close proximity to both women at different points but no smoking gun, yet.

Still digging. :)

Walkingproof

Reaction score
Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)

LaborDayRN

In a world where you can be anything, be kind
Reaction score
Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)
It sounds like you've found a very rewarding endeavor!

Bit of hope

Sympathy for the less fortunate.
Reaction score

Let me say: you are not a fruit loop. Shake that off. How wonderful that the pain you endured, still not having answers, lead you on this path of helping others. I think it's great!

tiffcats

Reaction score
Ok so here are all the people who are MSM named suspects or already convicted:
Jonathan David Drew
William Reece
Clyde Headrick
Kevin Edison Smith
Mark Stallings
Anthony Shore
Robert Able
William Ray Matthews
Edward Bell
Michael Lloyd Self
Gerald Zwarst

Did I miss anyone?

Re: Kevin Edison Smith, does anybody know his whereabouts prior to 1998? I don't believe that Krystal Baker was his first victim. He was 31 when he killed her and going on the history of sex offenders/sex killers, this is a relatively late starting age.

tiffcats

Reaction score
Ok so here are all the people who are MSM named suspects or already convicted:
Jonathan David Drew
William Reece
Clyde Headrick
Kevin Edison Smith
Mark Stallings
Anthony Shore
Robert Able
William Ray Matthews
Edward Bell
Michael Lloyd Self
Gerald Zwarst

Did I miss anyone?

I would also like any info on his (Kevin Edison Smith) arrest record prior to 1996, any sex offences etc.

Lilibet

Reaction score
Can you make your video public again? I would like to watch it. Thank you
Welcome to Websleuths @Ybarra812!

@Walkingproof I just found and read this thread. Great work! I’m wondering how you’re doing since you were last here on WS a year ago and it’s almost three years since you last posted. I join Ybarra812 in asking whether you can make your videos public again for those of us joining in late. Thanks! :)