My father may be linked to the Texas killing fields.

One small thing that stands out but can not confirm for sure...

They said that Cook came here with her girlfriend?? I found a record that mentions a woman who was part of a auto claim involving Cook were they both filed against the insurance company. That women has the same last name as my Mother name at the time.

Was this girlfriend a lover or just a friend? It’s a small possibility that this person was related my my mother by marriage.

Not 100% sure and I have more questions then answers.. do we know anything about the girlfriend?

It’s probably not connected but it’s worth looking into to rule out.

Other then that my father lived within close proximity to both women at different points but no smoking gun, yet.

Still digging. :)

Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)

Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)
It sounds like you've found a very rewarding endeavor!

Let me say: you are not a fruit loop. Shake that off. How wonderful that the pain you endured, still not having answers, lead you on this path of helping others. I think it's great!

Ok so here are all the people who are MSM named suspects or already convicted:
Jonathan David Drew
William Reece
Clyde Headrick
Kevin Edison Smith
Mark Stallings
Anthony Shore
Robert Able
William Ray Matthews
Edward Bell
Michael Lloyd Self
Gerald Zwarst

Did I miss anyone?

Re: Kevin Edison Smith, does anybody know his whereabouts prior to 1998? I don't believe that Krystal Baker was his first victim. He was 31 when he killed her and going on the history of sex offenders/sex killers, this is a relatively late starting age.

Ok so here are all the people who are MSM named suspects or already convicted:
Jonathan David Drew
William Reece
Clyde Headrick
Kevin Edison Smith
Mark Stallings
Anthony Shore
Robert Able
William Ray Matthews
Edward Bell
Michael Lloyd Self
Gerald Zwarst

Did I miss anyone?

I would also like any info on his (Kevin Edison Smith) arrest record prior to 1996, any sex offences etc.

Can you make your video public again? I would like to watch it. Thank you
Welcome to Websleuths @Ybarra812!

@Walkingproof I just found and read this thread. Great work! I’m wondering how you’re doing since you were last here on WS a year ago and it’s almost three years since you last posted. I join Ybarra812 in asking whether you can make your videos public again for those of us joining in late. Thanks! :)

Re: Kevin Edison Smith, does anybody know his whereabouts prior to 1998? I don't believe that Krystal Baker was his first victim. He was 31 when he killed her and going on the history of sex offenders/sex killers, this is a relatively late starting age.
What about Robert Able's son? Has anyone done much digging into that strange man?

My biological father AKA the man who raped my mother and left her for dead has passed away. My conclusion after years of research and conversations from our strange relationship (especially in the past year) is that he did play a part in the killing fields but he was a very small piece to a much bigger system that was headed by HPD police chief in the 70s.. I’ll share more in the months to come now that he’s passed away.

Well if you continue to hold to the belief expressed in
the title of this thread & the assertion about your
father/mother, seems the thing to do would be to
source a sample of his DNA and pass it on to police,
or any DNA genealogy websites that make DNA results
available to police.

It’s been done. It’s a long process (first finding him in 2010) and several meetings with different agencies. I gave up trying to convince anyone but post in this group occasionally just in case some dots can be connected. Before genetic genealogy was used in cold cases, I kept trying to ppl to use genetic genealogy to solve cold cases (now they
Are paying attention) I have plenty of evidence to prove he was a serial rapest everything else I had was just circumstantial evidence.. statue of limitation‘s was up on rape so there was nothing to be done. I’m just revisiting my post since he passed away . take it with a grain of salt..

@Walkingproof Did you ever consider uploading your DNA profile to GEDmatch? There is an opt-in feature if you wish to allow your DNA to be used for forensic genealogy.

It doesn't matter which online company did your DNA. GEDmatch provided steps on how to add it to this site.

Forgive me if you mentioned doing this already. I haven't finished the entire thread yet. And I'm running on exhaustion so may not finish it tonight.

I have carefully considered whether or not to disclose this information. I must emphasize that most of what I have learned is based on secondhand accounts and circumstantial evidence.

After extensive research and establishing a rather peculiar relationship with my biological father (who, unfortunately, is also my mother's rapist), I believe I have gained a broader understanding of his involvement in Houston during the 1970s.

While my father's role appears to have been relatively minor, I have documented numerous details that he shared with me over the years. One particular incident stands out in my memory. A few years ago, I was at the courthouse dealing with work-related matters, specifically filing repo orders for individuals for nonpayment, when my bio father called. I informed him that I was in court and would call him back later. This tiny statement triggered a manic episode in him, during which he divulged information he had never previously shared. He displayed paranoia, believing that I was conspiring to have him arrested, as I had mentioned that if the statute of limitations had not expired., I would have done that years ago. As I mentioned earlier, our relationship was rather unusual and I didn't let him slide on much. It was during this episode that he made some strange claims. He stated, "I used to work for the police," and expressed that my understanding of repossession procedures was incorrect. Intrigued by his statements, I asked him follow-up questions. He claimed that whenever the police required assistance with tasks such as repossession or intimidating individuals, they would call upon him. While it may be challenging to fully believe everything he said, there is some validity to his claims when one considers the intricate details surrounding the crimes that ultimately led to his imprisonment in December 1978. Due to the complexity of the case, I will provide a more detailed account in a separate post.

Take the following information with a grain of salt, I'm only repeating what he told me. He told me that he used to work for adult bookstores that served as a front for judges, police officers, very wealthy people, and the HPD police chief was part of an underground operations. As it started off, I think he was a very small part of a much bigger operation. Maybe this information could help put some pieces together, and maybe it's all BS. Just finally getting around to putting it out there.

My fathers name was Douglas Lamar Williams 1950-2023

I have carefully considered whether or not to disclose this information. I must emphasize that most of what I have learned is based on secondhand accounts and circumstantial evidence.

After extensive research and establishing a rather peculiar relationship with my biological father (who, unfortunately, is also my mother's rapist), I believe I have gained a broader understanding of his involvement in Houston during the 1970s.

While my father's role appears to have been relatively minor, I have documented numerous details that he shared with me over the years. One particular incident stands out in my memory. A few years ago, I was at the courthouse dealing with work-related matters, specifically filing repo orders for individuals for nonpayment, when my bio father called. I informed him that I was in court and would call him back later. This tiny statement triggered a manic episode in him, during which he divulged information he had never previously shared. He displayed paranoia, believing that I was conspiring to have him arrested, as I had mentioned that if the statute of limitations had not expired., I would have done that years ago. As I mentioned earlier, our relationship was rather unusual and I didn't let him slide on much. It was during this episode that he made some strange claims. He stated, "I used to work for the police," and expressed that my understanding of repossession procedures was incorrect. Intrigued by his statements, I asked him follow-up questions. He claimed that whenever the police required assistance with tasks such as repossession or intimidating individuals, they would call upon him. While it may be challenging to fully believe everything he said, there is some validity to his claims when one considers the intricate details surrounding the crimes that ultimately led to his imprisonment in December 1978. Due to the complexity of the case, I will provide a more detailed account in a separate post.

Take the following information with a grain of salt, I'm only repeating what he told me. He told me that he used to work for adult bookstores that served as a front for judges, police officers, very wealthy people, and the HPD police chief was part of an underground operations. As it started off, I think he was a very small part of a much bigger operation. Maybe this information could help put some pieces together, and maybe it's all BS. Just finally getting around to putting it out there.

My fathers name was Douglas Lamar Williams 1950-2023
With your interest in using genealogy to solve crimes, you might find the thread on Othram Labs to be of interest.

These are the key details of the crime in which he was apprehended that I said I would post separately. I’ve danced around this one in the past but never gave specifics. Here it is..

In October 1978, he, along with two other men, attacked my mother. It is important to note that this incident is unrelated to the crime for which he was arrested in December 1978. However, it does serve as confirmation that he was a serial rapist and how I came about. My bio father told me that she was mistaken for someone else his exact statement to me was “she was in the wrong place at the wrong time” I believe that person was Gayle Ann Cater who I have talked about in different post.

To fully comprehend the events of December 1978, it is necessary to go back a few months earlier. Martha Geise was on trial for murder, and on November 23rd, she tragically passed away in a random car accident.

On December 23rd, my biological father arrived at a condominium in Freeport, Texas, owned by the deceased Martha Grant Giese. He encountered Leroy Geise, Martha's widower, who happened to be a chemical engineer working for Exxon, and his ex-wife, who had since remarried another man. In simpler terms, Leroy Geise was having an affair with his ex-wife. It is worth mentioning that Leroy's deceased wife had been involved in an alleged car accident just a month prior and was on trial for murder. Interestingly enough, the traffic officer on duty during that incident faced allegations of abuse of power, which led to his own trial a few months later.

Back to the story..

My father forcefully entered the residence, demanding money that he believed was owed to him. He proceeded to rape the ex-wife in the presence of her ex-husband. It is important to note that the official police report does not reflect the complexity of this situation. It merely portrays the incident as a home invasion or random attack against a married couple. However, upon further investigation and considering the circumstantial evidence that went unnoticed by the authorities, along with my father's random statements, it becomes clear that there is more to this case. While I have only mentioned the names of the deceased individuals, I have evidence to support all the statements I have made. And yes, I have mentioned this to the proper authorities over the years. I have police reports, autopsy reports, and newspaper articles concerning the wife's murder trial, which involved a man left in a wheelchair due to a previous car accident that Leroy was responsible for. There are numerous other intricate details surrounding this case, but for the sake of simplicity, I have focused on the highlights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back