My Mother In Law Has A Stalker

Try the closest domestic violence shelter/group. They have a court advocate -- and they know the judges on their court circuit. There may be a judge who will sign a protection order for MIL.

Find them on the 'Net now and talk to them. Stalker may be known to them, which will protect your MIL.

Our domestic violence/family crisis service agency is in the same building as my office. Sometimes, they ask a woman to come back the next day, or say on Tuesday, when the "right" judge will be available. Who you know matters!

Sorry to hear about the whole sorry mess, notmoose

Doug, thanks for protecting your family. When this is resolved, MIL may still be interested since she knows for sure that you protect those close to you! Too bad Doug's ex thinks this Stalker guy is OK. Maybe Stalker will say something to her kids that gets her on the other side of the fence.

Has your MIL spoken with all of her neighbors to advise them of this situation?

I would recommend that she do so - and leave a copy of his photograph with each neighbor.

Sometimes an officer can come out to a neighborhood and speak with the people there about stalking issues, etc. with advice.

I really like the neighbor angle - I would want people who lived near me to be aware of a possible violent situation.

As a neighbor, I would want to know about this. Maybe she could even come up with a signal for the neighbors. A whistle can make a great signal.

I'm hoping for the best for your MIL. So sorry to hear about this scary situation. It is affecting all of you because you love her and care about her safety.

Gosh, what a hard situation.

Anyway, alerting the neighbors is my only suggestion I can think of.

Try the closest domestic violence shelter/group. They have a court advocate -- and they know the judges on their court circuit. There may be a judge who will sign a protection order for MIL.

Find them on the 'Net now and talk to them. Stalker may be known to them, which will protect your MIL.

Our domestic violence/family crisis service agency is in the same building as my office. Sometimes, they ask a woman to come back the next day, or say on Tuesday, when the "right" judge will be available. Who you know matters!

Sorry to hear about the whole sorry mess, notmoose

Doug, thanks for protecting your family. When this is resolved, MIL may still be interested since she knows for sure that you protect those close to you! Too bad Doug's ex thinks this Stalker guy is OK. Maybe Stalker will say something to her kids that gets her on the other side of the fence.

This is excellent and sound advice!

While waiting to hear from a Court advocate, this is the ideal place to learn how she can protect herself.

There is excellent self protection advice from domestic violence social workers which especially apply to someone who is being stalked and feeling threatened.

Have your mother in law contact an attorney NOW as suggested above. I would also recommend she delete all of her social media for the time being. This needs to stop now before he escalates further.

hi labor

i dont know a lot of times when these guys are totally cut off they can really escalate and I think restraining orders had potency decades ago nowdays it usually ends up in the newspaper article about the death of the person

i think back then there was a much greater fear of the law in this area

I think they are pretty much useless now days

A super well lit residence, on the outside, in any sitution is a super deterent.

these gals and guys are at the end of the day chickens --a lot of lighting can be bought nowdays that is not expensive and needs no wiring

its worth a try --try so serious lighting

41-lFIU3BuL.jpg

dont know financial scene but if money is an issue you can get fake cameras really cheap and hey might make someone think twice

they also have some reasonably looking security stickers you can put on a few windows

a couple of these around might be good

10818728.jpg

or

and !

Wireless Door and Window Alarm (2-Pack)

mace

tazor not gun

anything you can do that will increase their fears of being seen -- in any context

jmo

just mo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member