My new Heroes - PATRIOT GUARD RIDERS

What creeps those Westboro people (?) are. How disgusting are their actions. If God is mad at anyone, I don't think such messengers would be used.

I'd never heard of Phelps before either - he sounds like a horrendous person! I liked this quote from the CNN article:

Richard Wilbur, a retired police detective, said his Indiana Patriot Guard group only comes to funerals if invited by family. He said he has no problem with protests against the war but sees no place for objectors at a family's final goodbye to a soldier.

"No one deserves this," he said.

Opie said:
What creeps those Westboro people (?) are. How disgusting are their actions. If God is mad at anyone, I don't think such messengers would be used.
I read the attached article and when his daughter said she had to take the phone off the hook just to get her work done I thought that was the biggest line of BS ever. But they are using the same tactics used by the KKK. When the KKK holds a rally they plant instigators in the crowd who get the crowd into a frenzy and then worked up enough to start a riot. After the riot is started the KKK put out the claim that they are just a peace loving god fearing group of people voicing their opinion. The same with this crackpot phelps and his band of inbred followers. The daughter stating she had to take the phone off the hook just to get some work done, playing the innocent law abiding citizen who did nothing to anyone and innocent of everything. NOT!! Sometime it is just best to let these people go, and in turn hold a peaceful rally like the Patriot Guard Riders do.....Everyone who knows anything would realize that phelps and his fruitcake followers are nothing but a band of crazy inbreds that have nothing better to do then nothing.:loser:
Just my humble opinion......Again you may agree or disagree...But it is still my opinion.

This disgusting group came to this area today spewing their vile message, and thankfully, the Patriot Guard was there. :clap: These people need to be stopped, they're despicable. :furious:

On her way into the church where the funeral was to be held for her 23-year-old son Thursday morning, Deirdre Ostlund approached six men and women waving signs against gays and America and told them in a cold fury: "I'm Andrew's mother, and I want you to know you are truly hateful people."

As Ostlund turned away, Shirley Phelps-Roper taunted her: "Adulterer! You can't admit you sent your own child to hell! If she does not heed this warning, she will look up from hell with him."

FULL STORY, a good read: http://www.startribune.com/462/story/266514.html

Use http://www.bugmenot.com for a username / password if needed.

It costs money to travel around the country. If they are traveling, they aren't working. Phelps' group is mostly relatives. Where is his funding coming from? Are they aware of what the money is being spent for?
They need to be made aware. If they are donating to an anti-abortion group, that is their right. But they need to find out if it is going to Phelps and his group. Anti abortion groups need to be notified that supporting this nut job, will hurt their cause not help it.
Question the funding. Cut off the funding, cut off the problem.

And the Patriot Guard has won a new fan. Me.

this is the group that protested at the funeral of Matthew Shepard. They were here in Madison a couple of times. I dont know where i read or heard this, but I know that the patriot guard was in Madison blocking this from protesting at a funeral. God Bless these people... A funeral is sacred.

I was just informed that there are about 10 military funeral protesters expected at a military funeral tomorrow in Temple, TX. The funeral is probably for a Ft. Hood soldier.

THIS MAKES ME SICK! I hope the Patriot Guards show up to this one!

DEPUTYDAWG said:
I was just informed that there are about 10 military funeral protesters expected at a military funeral tomorrow in Temple, TX. The funeral is probably for a Ft. Hood soldier.

It makes me sick also. The hatred that is spewed by some is incredible. One has to wonder how they were raised and how the continuum will affect future generations.

concernedperson said:
It makes me sick also. The hatred that is spewed by some is incredible. One has to wonder how they were raised and how the continuum will affect future generations.

You're right, it's rather scary, IMO.

DEPUTYDAWG said:

Shouldn't it be against the law to protest at a funeral? Aren't most funerals private? I guess at some funerals, you own the deed to the funeral plot, but at a military funeral it's public land?

I have no idea, but it should be against the law. Why don't they pass a law about that instead of some of the other stupid laws or bills Congress spends its time passing?

Marthatex said:
Shouldn't it be against the law to protest at a funeral? Aren't most funerals private? I guess at some funerals, you own the deed to the funeral plot, but at a military funeral it's public land?

I have no idea, but it should be against the law. Why don't they pass a law about that instead of some of the other stupid laws or bills Congress spends its time passing?

Hi Marthatex,

Ya know, I don't know where the actual funeral is taking place (private land vs public), other than it's in Temple. I'm actually guessing here, but I would assume that these protesters would just skirt around the law and wait and protest wherever the limit line was set. From what the Lt. told me yesterday, they yell things like, "Your husband has blood on his hands! He's a murderer!" Can you imagine being subjected to that at your husband's own funeral?! :banghead:

YEAH!!!

I guess there were actually two Ft. Hood soldier funerals to be held today - one was at 10am...and the next one is at 2pm.

Lt. just said that at the 10am service, THERE WERE ABOUT 100 MOTORCYCLISTS THERE TO PROTEST THE PROTESTERS! They came to support the family of the fallen soldier!!!!!!

Lt. said he heard the actual protesters have left the Temple area and are headed north on IH-35. He said it will be interesting to see if they show up at the 2pm service, or whether they "had" to attend another one at another location today. :furious:

About the "Reverend" Fred Phelps and the "church" he founded about a half century ago....

Topekans know him well. Westboro Baptist is monitored as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League. This "church" Phelps founded is not affiliated with any commonly recognized larger Baptist denominations, synods or councils. As mentioned, many of his followers are in-laws, blood relatives, or among his 13 children -- 11 of whom are lawyers.

Indeed, the Rev. Phelps himself is a disbarred attorney. He was prohibited from practicing in Kansas in 1979 when the Kansas Supreme Court held he had "little regard for the ethics of his profession" and that he'd held a defendant in a case up to "unnecessary public ridicule for which there is no basis in fact." He continued to practice in federal courts, however, until 1985, when no fewer than nine federal court judges filed disciplinary complaints against him, charging him -- and six family members, all lawyers -- with making false accusations against them. Four years later, Fred Phelps agreed to surrender his license to practice law in return for allowance by the complaining judges to continue letting his family members practice in federal court.

It was about this time that Westboro Baptist began demonstrating against homosexuals and that Phelps discovered the Internet, which he has stated "God invented ... for us to preach on." Soon, he had a Web site going that was domained as Godhatesfags.com.

In the '60s and '70s, Phelps became known in Topeka for filing suits by the score against almost anybody. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, he eventually filed at least 400 lawsuits, most of them in federal court, claiming all sorts of wrongs had been done him and his family. An SPLC "Intelligence Report" states that "estranged son Nathan Phelps" has claimed his father's strategy was "to file frivolous lawsuits in the hope that his targets will settle to avoid the costs of defense." Fred Phelps even sued his alma mater, Washburn University Law School, after three of his children were denied admission.

He once sued President Ronald Reagan for sending an ambassador to the Vatican, claiming it violated the constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion.
http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/hanchette197.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back