Mysterious Falling Ice Chunk Leaves Man's Car On The Rocks

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Beyond Belief, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

TAMPA - With a loud groaning noise, a large chunk of ice plummeted from the sky Sunday morning, crushing a Tampa man's dream car but missing nearby houses on Hilldrop Court.

Residents looked in disbelief at the wreckage of the red 2000 Ford Mustang, its roof pushed inward and rear window blown out.

"I did not believe it until I came and looked at it for myself," said Carlos Javage, 52, of Tampa.

The car had belonged to his 20-year-old son, Andres, for about a year.

Saturday night, the son parked his Mustang outside a friend's home at 9406 Hilldrop Court in northwest Tampa, planning to return later to fetch it. Sunday morning, he got the unhappy news.

Carlos Javage said his son, who is still paying off the car, was in shock

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBTQ7YDIXE.html

2. Loading...

3. LisainWV

LisainWV New Member

I didn't read the link so they may mention this, I've read another story here that ice sometimes drops from planes??

I would be pissed if this happened to my car. And, a mustang of all things. Why couldn't it hit an old POS beater car??

4. LisainWV

LisainWV New Member

they did mention it! Poor guy!!

5. curious1

curious1 So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm

Wow-Wee!!!!!!!!!! Geez. We live on the flight path for CLT. I will have to watch for falling ice now.