Mysterious Pony Vanishes As Quickly As It Came

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Gina_M, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

"We have no idea who the owner is," said Frankfort Police Commander John Burica. "We have not had any reports of one missing."

The brown pony with the black mane was last seen in the Windy Farm subdivision. It stands three feet tall and weighs 300 pounds. It's a little pony whose story may one day end up being the stuff of tall tales.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/frankfort.animal.control.2.338050.html

2. Loading...

3. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching New Member

Awww...that is a great story! (I can see that becoming a local ghost pony story.) I noticed the pony had a lead on so I would assume he slipped away from the owner. It is strange the owner didn't report him missing, but perhaps the pony came from another county and the report didn't make it that far.

4. teedie2

teedie2 Active Member

Hopefully little pony is not residing in someone's kitchen now, like some that we've read about at WS!!!

5. MsPooh

MsPooh New Member

3 feet tall and 300 ponds? Is that right? wow! Doesn't really sound like he is starving..I think maybe he is just a youngun and gets loose when he can to go galavanting...

6. Lurker

Lurker Former Member

Sounds like a Shetland pony. My friend had two when we were kids, they were like big dogs. LOL

Hers would go in the river and swim upstream to get out of the fence and then go to the neighbors apple orchard. Unfortunately, one time while she was out she got hit by a car. She was missing for a couple days and I told my friend to call the pound. They were the ones that told her.

7. calus_3

calus_3 Former Member

Hey, who among us....:D ;)

Cal

8. Cupcake

Cupcake New Member

What .... has a fungus??

LOL!

9. Seeker

Seeker Former Member

Oh my goodness! That looks like my old Spyder pony! He was an escape artist too.

Definately not a little pony...3 feet tall is about 9 hands (each hand is 4 inches). Shetlands are smaller. Maybe a Welsh/Shetland cross...
    Wearing a halter and leadrope...hmmmm...