Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #1

Discussion in 'Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976' started by Richard, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryLiz

MaryLiz Active Member

It doesn't surprise me either that the DNA was ignored for 4 months. I'm glad Verna raised cain with them. It's one thing if DNA from a cold case is placed on the back burner for a bit in order to deal with more recent cases where results are needed quickly, but it's another thing entirely when it's just tossed aside and forgotten like it doesn't even matter. Good for her!

2. phenolred

phenolred New Member

Thanks for the update!!!

3. dimples37398

dimples37398 Well-Known Member

Hey Phenolred.......I have those edited photos of Jane and Jock Doe......I don't want to post them on here unless it is ok with everyone......They are definately kind of hmmmmm creepy and I don't know if there are any rules of posting a morgue photo on Websleuths. You can email me for them or I can send via myspace or pm.......

ttys
    Kel

4. phenolred

phenolred New Member

YEAH I am sooo excited to see them!!! I can PM you my email address and you can send them to me if you want. I dont think anyone would have a problem with you posting them later it might help identify them. And we already have the other morgue pics on here with their eyes shut!! Then if you dont mind could I post them on myspace too in hopes someone might recognize them. THANKS YOUR AWESOME

5. phenolred

phenolred New Member

Dimples you did an EXCELLENT JOb esp with giving the girl the long eyelashes. We defanately need to show these to Verna....

6. phenolred

phenolred New Member

Ok I am going to go ahead and post them since I think dimples has signed ou tand I cant wait to show you guys LOL

[​IMG]

7. phenolred

phenolred New Member

here is Jock, oh no I didnt mean to put them on here so large oops

[​IMG]

8. dimples37398

dimples37398 Well-Known Member

You are very welcome, I hope this will help the case in some way. This couple just from looking at them so closely for so long, they definately came from money somewhere. They are very very well groomed and taken care of.

I know from living in Canada that there are some italian areas in Windsor Ontario, so I am sure there are other places as well. My hubby is Army and he thinks they are Italian......

I am leaning more towards French, but not real sure.

My hubby said with a name Jacque or Jock ......sounds Italian to him. I think it sounds more French, where we are now the main language is French......and there are alot of people named Jacque here. The guy that comes over to fix stuff at our house is named Jacque pronounced like Jack....So I could ask him next time he is over. He speaks mostly french but a tiny tiny bit of English.

I will study what I want to ask him, so I can ask in French. Also if there is anything else you want me to ask please let me know. My husbands best friends GF speaks nothing but French so I can have his best friend ask her stuff too. I can ask with a name like Jacque what are some common middle names that start with a P right?

I am going to read up on this case, since I haven't read much and definately am not up to date on this case.....so can anyone brief me on the main important details until I can read up? Also my hubby is heading over to his friends in a few if there are any questions for his best friends GF tonight.

Kel

9. phenolred

phenolred New Member

Dimples thanks so much for all of your help with the pics here is a great link with info about their case Yes his intials are JPF

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/classics/mystery_couple/2.html

It has been said that they might have been wealthy. Jock had also told someone that his dad was a prominent doctor in Canada and his dad had disowned him since he had decided not to follow in his dads footsteps by going into medicine.

There has been alot of talk about him being French / french canadian. Also, we have looked alot for Doctors in Canada that might have a missing son, and they think he just took off and has never made contact again, They prob dont know he is dead.

10. phenolred

phenolred New Member

11. phenolred

phenolred New Member

12. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

Great job, Dimples! I only have one suggestion. Jock's right eye (our left side) needs to be larger.

To get the size of the eyes correct...rule of thumb is that the normal human face is exactly five of their own eyes wide. : )

I am glad to see this case moved out of cold cases. It is an interesting one.

13. BOESP

BOESP Well-Known Member

Maybe if they are Italian, his first name is Giacomo and "Jock" is a nickname?

14. phenolred

phenolred New Member

yes BOESP that could be, very good thought

15. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Great job on the pics Dimples. I like seeing them with their eyes open.

16. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

17. Teresa Larson

Teresa Larson New Member

Has there been anything new about the DNA yet? I can't wait to find out if they were brother and sister.

18. phenolred

phenolred New Member

No not yet I recently talked with Verna and it has NOT came back yet

19. superunknown

superunknown Member

Wow, the two different threads are confusing! I just posted to the other thread about the Missing Pieces episode. It is scheduled for Dec. 11th.

Verna told me about the photo work on the two photos the last time we talked. It looks great!!!

20. phenolred

phenolred New Member

I agree confusing....I think they were moving this thread over here to unidentified instead of cold case and the whole thing didnt get moved. we need a Mods help to get the whole thing moved...... HELP !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.