Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I can add. When I sent Verna an email to show her the eyes open pics she called me. Wow, amazing at some of the things .......

Anyway I will try to remember some of the things she told me about the psychic. For one she thought the girl might be from Indiana and her name might be Susan and she might have a Sister Carrie. The guy the pyschic said his last name might be Fitzpatrick or Fitz something. Then all of a sudden after revealing alot of info the psychic got really scared and said she could not go on and wanted nothing more to do with it.

I also learned that some rocket scientest THREW AWAY Jocks teeth. 2 years ago. Isnt that nice.

I got a real feeling the LE didnt want this solved. I dont care if the murder is solved at this point I just want them Identified......

Another man was working this per Verna and she told me it was a Van that drove them there.

Another thing I always thought about the moles on the girl really giving her away, but I was just talking to a girl at work today with a mole about the same place and I HAD NEVER NOTICED it before on her.....So unless it is like a mother or sister etc maybe someone a friend of hers might not have paid much attention to them as being that noticeable esp if she worn makeup and they blended in

Oh yeah psychic said Jocks dad might have been a Dr in Virginia.

So on my quest to identify Jock Doe, I found a lady looking for her Brother named Jock he was born in Canada, and she had not seen him since 1968

I was freaking out I really thought we might have something. But when I contacted her she gave me a little more info on her brother Jock. She had indicated he had a boat in the Meditterainian and that the police had boarded the boat because of suspected drug running I just about fell off my chair !!!!! Drug running, Jock, Canada, oh and he went to school in Europe and had a ring with a family crest. But she looked at our Jock and she said it was NOT her brother.
So, I have taken on trying to help her find her brother Jock too. He was never reported as a missing person, because he is an adult and she doesnt know if he is alive or dead. Last sighting of him was 1978. So I really feel like our Jock and Jane are in the same boat, they were never reported missing and their families still wonder why they have never came back or called etc, but their families have never filed a missing persons report because they think these people left on their own.

Oh yeah and BTW her brother was born in BC Canada and his name was John nickname Jock, and I beleive she said they were Scottish decent so, Our Jock could very well Be a JOHN

Wow, pretty overly-dramatic, lol. Thanks for keeping us updated. I think psychics are a crock, users & abusers, but I understand wanting to use every avenue available.

I, too, just want them identified... solving their murders may never happen, but I'm convinced they will someday be given back their names.

A few things I can add. When I sent Verna an email to show her the eyes open pics she called me. Wow, amazing at some of the things .......

Anyway I will try to remember some of the things she told me about the psychic. For one she thought the girl might be from Indiana and her name might be Susan and she might have a Sister Carrie. The guy the pyschic said his last name might be Fitzpatrick or Fitz something. Then all of a sudden after revealing alot of info the psychic got really scared and said she could not go on and wanted nothing more to do with it.

I also learned that some rocket scientest THREW AWAY Jocks teeth. 2 years ago. Isnt that nice.

I got a real feeling the LE didnt want this solved. I dont care if the murder is solved at this point I just want them Identified......

Another man was working this per Verna and she told me it was a Van that drove them there.

I do not believe they were killed where they were found I think somebody laid their bodies there. If you look at the picture they are lying too perfect if you ask me besides how do you shoot a person in the head, back and throat and they fall laying on their back with their hand across their chest. Doesn't look right to me. :waitasec:

Per Verna they were shot right there, a witness heard a speeding car and the Gunshots. I used to think something was wrong with that picture, Until I thought well there HAD TO BE MORE THAN ONE KILLER there, one holding her and one holding him, otherwise why wouldnt one of them try to run. I would take my chances of getting shot in the back as I ran than just stand there and say ok kill me now.

My mom said she thinks they shot the girl first, and that it looked like to her the guy was looking over to her to help her, maybe his out was outstrched and when he fell it flopped over the front of him. Verna also said they were both so very clean. Which made me think they might have been in a motel somewhere???

Per Verna they were shot right there, a witness heard a speeding car and the Gunshots. I used to think something was wrong with that picture, Until I thought well there HAD TO BE MORE THAN ONE KILLER there, one holding her and one holding him, otherwise why wouldnt one of them try to run. I would take my chances of getting shot in the back as I ran than just stand there and say ok kill me now.

My mom said she thinks they shot the girl first, and that it looked like to her the guy was looking over to her to help her, maybe his out was outstrched and when he fell it flopped over the front of him. Verna also said they were both so very clean. Which made me think they might have been in a motel somewhere???

I am kibbitzing a little because I have read the threads and been fascinated by this-if they were from a motel in the area or at least within 100 miles or so (let's say they were hitchhiking) wouldn't the press at the time have scared up some motel manager/owner who said, "Oh yeah-they were staying here." Let's face it, they would have stood out because they are beautiful. and I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I assume no luggage was found so perhaps robbery was the motive? Granted, the jewelry was not taken, but if there witnesses close enough to hear gunshots and a speeding van, then no time or thought to strip the jewelry?

No no luggage found and I know they looked at surrounding Hotel/motels, and You are right Verna told mr the reason the jewlery wasnt taken is they felt another car was apporaching

No no luggage found and I know they looked at surrounding Hotel/motels, and You are right Verna told mr the reason the jewlery wasnt taken is they felt another car was apporaching

thank you, phenolred. I think it must be safe to assume that the robbery may have been a set up by someone who found them an easy target since they weren't from the area (or the country possibly), and seemed well heeled so to speak...it must not have gone as planned or the people behind it intended to kill them. Wonder if there was ever a check of similar crimes in the years preceding or after? I know that they have the murder weapon, but I wonder if the "mo" is similar to anything else...you catch my drift? My apologies if this has already been considered and ruled out.

Sorry for the double post, but here is my "gut" on this-I think that the couple were set up by someone in one of the places they stayed which may be why no one might have come forward saying, "hey they stayed here last night." It would be interesting to know if the guy who ultimately had the murder weapon was local, had known associates that were local etc...The reason I bring this up is that you have to figure they paid cash, but maybe ultimately there is some kind of log or record of where they stayed??? You know, a registry? Perhaps this might ID them.

Someone brought up in an Unidentified thread that there is new technology that takes oxygen from someone's teeth and narrows down the places where they lived. I know that Jocks teeth are gone but perhaps hers?

Jock (sp?) is french for John, like the song, brother John, morning bells are ringing

but I wonder if the "mo" is similar to anything else...you catch my drift? My apologies if this has already been considered and ruled out.

MO is unusual (IMO) in particular the location of the gun shot wounds. Back and/or chest is to be expected but the throat? A head shot would be more likely than the throat. Could perhaps be explained by the killer/s being close to them (friends/family) and not wanting to damage their faces.

I did a copy paste from the Benjaman Kyle thread regarding a new technology that can narrow down the physical locations where someone lived. This was posted by Gina M today, and first raised by cubby-

"That info about the study of the oxygen in the teeth is fascinating! I went and read up on it...here are a few links for anyone who's interested:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=85576
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tab01_la yout

The guy who is working on these studies:
http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/geo/f...rcz/index.html
http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/geo/f...rch/index.html

Looks like it is called trace element geochemistry. "Schwarcz said bones collect oxygen isotopes that act as geographic markers throughout a person's life." "

I wonder if the researcher would be interested in trying to use this for this case-thoughts?

MO is unusual (IMO) in particular the location of the gun shot wounds. Back and/or chest is to be expected but the throat? A head shot would be more likely than the throat. Could perhaps be explained by the killer/s being close to them (friends/family) and not wanting to damage their faces.

I guess what I meant was more along the lines of armed robbery of hitchhikers. You have to figure that most hitchhikers carry some amount of cash...I am wondering if the gunshot wounds were panic rather than accuracy but I do not know a lot about that subject...

Someone brought up in an Unidentified thread that there is new technology that takes oxygen from someone's teeth and narrows down the places where they lived. I know that Jocks teeth are gone but perhaps hers?

It sounds like it can also be done on bones as well as teeth. Definitely a fascinating thing - I wonder if they can do this on a lot of existing cold cases!

Just a thought Jocke is a Swedish name. Pronounced Yo-kay

So on my quest to identify Jock Doe, I found a lady looking for her Brother named Jock he was born in Canada, and she had not seen him since 1968

I was freaking out I really thought we might have something. But when I contacted her she gave me a little more info on her brother Jock. She had indicated he had a boat in the Meditterainian and that the police had boarded the boat because of suspected drug running I just about fell off my chair !!!!! Drug running, Jock, Canada, oh and he went to school in Europe and had a ring with a family crest. But she looked at our Jock and she said it was NOT her brother.
So, I have taken on trying to help her find her brother Jock too. He was never reported as a missing person, because he is an adult and she doesnt know if he is alive or dead. Last sighting of him was 1978. So I really feel like our Jock and Jane are in the same boat, they were never reported missing and their families still wonder why they have never came back or called etc, but their families have never filed a missing persons report because they think these people left on their own.

Oh yeah and BTW her brother was born in BC Canada and his name was John nickname Jock, and I beleive she said they were Scottish decent so, Our Jock could very well Be a JOHN

I have always thought that at least Jock was never listed as a missing person, mostly because of the statement of the guy he supposedly played pool with at the KOA Campground, about having a big fight with his father in Canada who was angry because Jock didn't follow in his father's footsteps and choose a career in medicine. If that was true, father and son no doubt parted on very angry terms and the father and rest of the family just assumed he took off and chose to never return. That is the main reason I believe Jock might never have been listed as a missing person. Anger can run pretty deep and it could be that Jock's father was so stubborn he refused to be the one to back down and admit he was wrong. I would seriously think though, that someone else in the family after a certain amount of time passed, would wonder that maybe something HAD happened to him and that he didn't just leave and cut off all contact with them. As for Jane Doe, I do think her family is searching for her and maybe she might have been listed as missing. I don't know why I think that, it's just a gut feeling.

I still think it's possible they are brother and sister. When are DNA results suppose to be back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy