Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a very good chance that this crime was motivated by theft, possibly theft of a motorcycle. Maybe Jacques was wearing a nice pair of motorcycle boots, and the thief wanted them.

It's too bad that we don't have any close-up photos of Jacques's bare ankles. Motorcycle riders tend to have bare ankles because motorcycle boots rub the hair completely off. Bare ankles would have been evidence that Jacques rode a motorcycle.

I would think that Jock’s feet were most likely clean. Maybe Jock would’ve worn Sandals?

I just realized... Jock probably wore boots or athletic shoes. I think that is more likely because he is probably from a Northern Territory.

I just realized... Jock probably wore boots or athletic shoes. I think that is more likely because he is probably from a Northern Territory.
When did adults start wearing athletic shoes as everyday footwear? I don't think that was common yet in 1976, was it?

Has it ever been considered Jock Doe and Sumter County Jane Doe were from Europe? They have rather French features to me.

Has it ever been considered Jock Doe and Sumter County Jane Doe were from Europe? They have rather French features to me.

Several times.

What do you mean by French? France had/has a heterogeneous set of people, so just say "French" is a bit vague without any explaination to why you think they could have a French connection, tbh.

I said that because of their features which I believe are similar to those of French people. The noses are much similar to those of French origin aswellz

I said that because of their features which I believe are similar to those of French people. The noses are much similar to those of French origin aswellz
There is no such thing as "French features" as mentioned above there are different features among French people in France.
There were some of us who believe that Jacques has some features that resemble certain groups of French-Canadians in Quebec. But looks can be "deceiving", he could be of any ethnic origin.

Good point. Has it ever been considered they could be reconstructed by NCMEC?

When did adults start wearing athletic shoes as everyday footwear? I don't think that was common yet in 1976, was it?

It was common, maybe not as common as it is today, but it was common. I've seen pictures from the 70s of people wearing runners with their outfits and converse. Hightops.

If I may chime in for a second, aren't Jock Doe & Sumter County Jane Doe eligible for NCMEC?

I think there's a very good chance that this crime was motivated by theft, possibly theft of a motorcycle. Maybe Jacques was wearing a nice pair of motorcycle boots, and the thief wanted them.

It's too bad that we don't have any close-up photos of Jacques's bare ankles. Motorcycle riders tend to have bare ankles because motorcycle boots rub the hair completely off. Bare ankles would have been evidence that Jacques rode a motorcycle.

It definitely looks like their hair could be wind whipped. On the other hand, if the girl had done much riding on the back of a bike she most likely would have had burn marks on the inside of her leg from a muffler. This could occur from direct contact or just from the heat. Especially if she was wearing shorts.However, a bike is still a possibility.

I think they could be of any ethnicity. As Sherwood Park stated above looks can be deceiving. And so can other things. Such as when LE changes around what a witness has said. That's why I have recently went back to the basics. The witness at the campground said the man's name was Jack but LE saw fit to change it. The male uid in this case is even known as Jock doe. Does anyone else see how this could be misleading? So what are people supposed to think? Jock? Jacques?? Canada??? Oh, he must be of French descent. But what if his name is Jack and he is not of French descent?
In my opinion if LE is gonna say that a witness is credible then they really shouldn't be changing around what that witness said.

They could be from anywhere really. A few years ago I was sure they are from south America just because in my opinion they shared many facial features with that missing Argentinian couple. Then I saw some Persian fashion magazines from the 1970s and noticed that their clothing looked a lot like what I saw in those magazines. I'm a 1990s kid so I have no idea if that kind of style was exclusive to the Middle East or if it was a thing all around the world back then, but that's when I started wondering if they were Middle Eastern and that's why nobody reported them missing? Recently I noticed that Jane Doe kinda looks like princess Madeleine of Sweden. They could be from so many places, but I think it's a popular theory that they were not from the United States.

The whole question of where they were from really makes me hope that DDP or some other forensic genealogy company can take this case on. It's definitely intriguing.
Yes!!! Every time DDP announces a new case I hope it's this couple. I feel like running tests on just one of the Does would help a lot, if they came from the same community (and I think they did) it would help identify them both.

Okay so here's something I haven't seen mentioned before. It is mentioned in many sources that Jane's eyelashes were unusually long. Apparently they were so long that they had to be mentioned.
I found some information about a condition called trichomelagy. It's a condition in which the eyelashes are abnormally long. It can be linked to some other conditions and it can run in the family. I'm wondering if Jane was suffering from trichomelagy? Even if she was, would it help with her identification? Perhaps long eyelashes are a thing in her family? It's just a thought, but I thought I'd mention it because I feel like we have quite a few clues about Jock, but not so many about Jane.
Read more about trichomelagy:
Familial eyelash trichomegaly: The case of a sister and a brother Tamer F, Yuksel ME - Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol
Trichomegaly - Wikipedia
Eyelash trichomegaly: A rare presenting feature of systemic lupus erythematosus Dalal A, Sharma S, Kumar A, Sharma N - Int J Trichol

Recently I noticed that Jane Doe kinda looks like princess Madeleine of Sweden. They could be from so many places, but I think it's a popular theory that they were not from the United States.

This is very much an aside, but Princess Madeleine has a Brazilian grandparent through her mother, Silvia, and one German grandparent through each of her parents. Royalty is often an amalgamation of European bloodlines, as they tended until recently to marry each other, versus citizens of their own countries.

It's entirely possible that this couple is of foreign extraction, but I don't know that we have anything to strongly indicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth