Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #7 Pam Buckley & James P Freund

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to the mention of "blood spatter" on her morgue photo, I believe that is vessels found in decomposition at death.
I am on pins and needles waiting for info on these two..ughhhh
I'm am so impatient!
Thank you. I wondered why what I was thinking was blood splatter was not seen in the photos from the side of the road. This makes sense.

If it is Pam Buckley (and maybe it's not - I agree about the hair being the wrong colour but perhaps it was dyed at some point. I found this reference in the local Redwood Falls, Minnesota newspaper :
• Pamela Buckley, chosen the Redwood Jaycees Sno-Queen in February and set to become Miss Redwood Falls 1971, abdicated the throne to tour the west coast with the folk-singing trio “Sunlending.” Backward Glances: Football player poet gets revenge against his English class
So was she hitchhiking around the US with the band Sunlending?
Do you think the woman in this photo of the band could be Jane Doe?
VANv11iss19p18001
Just speculation as I'm desperately waiting for any news like everyone else. Please go easy on me! It's my first ever post :)

Welcome to Websleuths, @WhiteDragon!

If it is Pam Buckley (and maybe it's not - I agree about the hair being the wrong colour but perhaps it was dyed at some point. I found this reference in the local Redwood Falls, Minnesota newspaper :
• Pamela Buckley, chosen the Redwood Jaycees Sno-Queen in February and set to become Miss Redwood Falls 1971, abdicated the throne to tour the west coast with the folk-singing trio “Sunlending.” Backward Glances: Football player poet gets revenge against his English class
So was she hitchhiking around the US with the band Sunlending?
Do you think the woman in this photo of the band could be Jane Doe?
VANv11iss19p18001
Just speculation as I'm desperately waiting for any news like everyone else. Please go easy on me! It's my first ever post :)

I believe that is Sumter County Jane Doe in the middle, and her husband at left.

The other thread was very helpful in piecing this together. There was the note of Pamela Mae Buckley and the "Sunlending" trio. Also the name of her husband is in that thread. I Googled the husband's name and found a listing for a 76 year old living in Colorado Springs. When I Googled the name combined with Colorado Springs and clicked on Images, a time frame photo appeared that immediately reminded me of the guy at left in the "Sunlending" photo.

He divorced her in August 1976. That would have been coincidental. No reason to suspect anything. If she hadn't been seen by family since December 1975 she may have adopted this lifestyle, lost all contact with her husband, and eventually he tired of it and gave up. I believe they married in 1972.

Yes...speculation. We do our best at each point in time. The window closes tomorrow. It's not necessarily the same person. However, as I mentioned last night a Reddit poster said he has known Jane's identity for several weeks and there was so much info it might warrant a video as well as text summary. All of this stuff seemingly aligns with enough interesting material to fill a video.

(on edit: Now a poster in the other thread came up with the apparent names of the two males from "Sunlending" and neither match her husband's name. I'm not going to remove my summary above. It serves to demonstrate how these things evolve...even very quickly)

Also, the other thread indicates that Pamela Mae Buckley has a cousin who is a Sister and moved to Wisconsin. That could explain the confusion last night toward which state Jane Doe was from...Wisconsin then changed today to Minnesota. The Sister cousin could have been the closest DNA match. That's what they began working on. So the term Wisconsin has been fresh in their minds as the connection to Jane.

Last edited:
I believe that is Sumter County Jane Doe in the middle, and her husband at left.

The other thread was very helpful in piecing this together. There was the note of Pamela Mae Buckley and the "Sunlending" trio. Also the name of her husband is in that thread. I Googled the husband's name and found a listing for a 76 year old living in Colorado Springs. When I Googled the name combined with Colorado Springs and clicked on Images, a time frame photo appeared that immediately reminded me of the guy at left in the "Sunlending" photo.

He divorced her in August 1976. That would have been coincidental. No reason to suspect anything. If she hadn't been seen by family since December 1975 she may have adopted this lifestyle, lost all contact with her husband, and eventually he tired of it and gave up. I believe they married in 1972.

Yes...speculation. We do our best at each point in time. The window closes tomorrow. It's not necessarily the same person. However, as I mentioned last night a Reddit poster said he has known Jane's identity for several weeks and there was so much info it might warrant a video as well as text summary. All of this stuff seemingly aligns with enough interesting material to fill a video.

Also, the other thread indicates that Pamela Mae Buckley has a cousin who is a Sister and moved to Wisconsin. That could explain the confusion last night toward which state Jane Doe was from...Wisconsin then changed today to Minnesota. The Sister cousin could have been the closest DNA match. That's what they began working on. So the term Wisconsin has been fresh in their minds as the connection to Jane.

Her middle name looks like Mai on the marriage certificate.

In reference to the mention of "blood spatter" on her morgue photo, I believe that is vessels found in decomposition at death.
I am on pins and needles waiting for info on these two..ughhhh
I'm am so impatient!
wow, are you saying that all this time we thought those were 'beauty moles' on her cheek when they really weren't? If so, just another reason it made it harder to find her ID.

I know Jane Doe's moles were described as "hair moles" so I don't think it would be blood splatter or happen after death.

If these are moles, then that confuse
I know Jane Doe's moles were described as "hair moles" so I don't think it would be blood splatter or happen after death.
That kind of throws a bit of a curve if we are to think that the JD is Pam Buckley. Unless she was in the habit of covering up those moles in photos we have seen. hmmm

If these are moles, then that confuse

That kind of throws a bit of a curve if we are to think that the JD is Pam Buckley. Unless she was in the habit of covering up those moles in photos we have seen. hmmm

I don't think Jane was Pam Buckley, but she could have covered the moles with makeup or they may have developed after the picture was taken. Hoping desperately we will somehow know tonight who they are!

I don't think Jane was Pam Buckley, but she could have covered the moles with makeup or they may have developed after the picture was taken. Hoping desperately we will somehow know tonight who they are!

To me, the eyes and nose look spot on in comparison. In addition, the two front teeth seem longer than the rest of her upper teeth in images of both Pamela and the Doe. I guess we’ll find out for sure tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23