Mystery Male Chaperone (MMC)

Terri referred to Mystery Male Chaperone in her e-mails. She said Kyron was seen with this man and two girls after she left. She said no male chaperone had signed up for the day.

Someone would've had to have told her this information, as she was supposedly gone, which means someone saw Kyron with an unidentified man?

The story itself if easily verifiable. Did someone tell Terri or LE this story? If so, who the hell is MMC?

I want to preface this post with the fact that tho I strongly feel as though Terri is directly involved I have kept my mind open to receiving all new info, evidence, and tiny amt. of fact unbiased to anyone's guilt or innocence, involvement or not.[I don't have a dog in this race, other than the fact of wanting complete justice on behalf of an innocent 7 yr old boy, so feel I am able to keep an open mind about this case as well as many others] I understand how the media "works" and do not base my opinion solely from what they choose to report or NOT to report.

My opinion was formed immediately upon reading the emails(about 12 hrs ago)however I DID NOT post about, nor even talk about it, period. I wanted to let it "marinade", think it over, reread them[emails] several times, and also read others opinions, comments, and views of the "male chaperone"...

All of that said, done, and thought about, my opinion has not changed any whatsoever from my original "gut instinct" upon reading for the very first time the few words of a "male chaperone" being mentioned in Terri's emails. This specific issue in these emails does NOT matter about its context[whether or not the sentences are taken out of context]DO NOT MATTER AT ALL, nor does it matter whether or not she has been asked this question in an email preceding this one or just offering up this info feeling it needed to be told. Again none of that matters with this specific point.

This IMO is the largest, most obvious "RED HERRING" thus far seen in this case. It immediately "stands out", sounds hinky, and seems forced.JMO. But the most defining point of this being a bold faced lie is that LE has stated as fact many weeks ago that Kyron was NOT SEEN after 8:45 when Terri left. THAT TERRI WAS THE LAST PERSON SEEN WITH KYRON, SHE WAS THE LAST ONE TO SEE KYRON. And until that statement by LE is proven false that is one of the few facts that I stand on in this whoie case..

I know so many question LE tactics, integrity, and abilities but my confidence has been even more reinforced with LE with the few(tho extremely telling and important)things that have been "leaked" in recent days. I am confident that LE knows 90% or more of the "disappearance" of Kyron and we know a very slim, single digit percentage of what happened and is presently happening..

There very well may or may not have been a male chaperone and/or a chaperone list but most importantly to me is IMO the "male chaperone" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "disappearance" of Kyron. JMO.

I want to preface this post with the fact that tho I strongly feel as though Terri is directly involved I have kept my mind open to receiving all new info, evidence, and tiny amt. of fact unbiased to anyone's guilt or innocence, involvement or not.[I don't have a dog in this race, other than the fact of wanting complete justice on behalf of an innocent 7 yr old boy, so feel I am able to keep an open mind about this case as well as many others] I understand how the media "works" and do not base my opinion solely from what they choose to report or NOT to report.

My opinion was formed immediately upon reading the emails(about 12 hrs ago)however I DID NOT post about, nor even talk about it, period. I wanted to let it "marinade", think it over, reread them[emails] several times, and also read others opinions, comments, and views of the "male chaperone"...

All of that said, done, and thought about, my opinion has not changed any whatsoever from my original "gut instinct" upon reading for the very first time the few words of a "male chaperone" being mentioned in Terri's emails. This specific issue in these emails does NOT matter about its context[whether or not the sentences are taken out of context]DO NOT MATTER AT ALL, nor does it matter whether or not she has been asked this question in an email preceding this one or just offering up this info feeling it needed to be told. Again none of that matters with this specific point.

This IMO is the largest, most obvious "RED HERRING" thus far seen in this case. It immediately "stands out", sounds hinky, and seems forced.JMO. But the most defining point of this being a bold faced lie is that LE has stated as fact many weeks ago that Kyron was NOT SEEN after 8:45 when Terri left. THAT TERRI WAS THE LAST PERSON SEEN WITH KYRON, SHE WAS THE LAST ONE TO SEE KYRON. And until that statement by LE is proven false that is one of the few facts that I stand on in this whoie case..

I know so many question LE tactics, integrity, and abilities but my confidence has been even more reinforced with LE with the few(tho extremely telling and important)things that have been "leaked" in recent days. I am confident that LE knows 90% or more of the "disappearance" of Kyron and we know a very slim, single digit percentage of what happened and is presently happening..

There very well may or may not have been a male chaperone and/or a chaperone list but most importantly to me is IMO the "male chaperone" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "disappearance" of Kyron. JMO.

ITA! Great post! It also explains why they kept saying she was the last one. Either they wanted someone to say no, there was a man I saw there with Kyron, or they knew she made up the man and that was their way of sticking it to her that they didn't believe her story.

I don't believe there was any mystery man chaperone. I don't believe that LE would be so irresponsible as to almost immediately discount a stranger abduction if such was the case.

I agree. I think the "mysterious male chaperone" was a father who was just walking around with his child. If Kyron was seen with this man, someone could have made the assumption that the father was one of the chaperones.

I'm sure that within the first 12 hours, LE had a list of all parents, teachers, and school personnel that were at the school the morning of June 4th and interviewed all of them, and know who were chaperones and who were just parents taking a tour of the science exhibits.

In their investigation, the focus has always been on Terri, and she remains the focus now - almost 10 weeks later.

If Kyron was reported to be seen with a mystery man at school, it would have been all over the comment sections early on, like appointment rumors were. I think Terri made this story up, emailed it to her friend and then realized it wasn't going to fly, so she dropped it.

yes, right. The way she worded it, it was as if someone told her that. If questioned by LE about it, she would have been unable to name the person who told her such important information.

MCC=red herring by TH.

Another thing that makes me think the mysterious male chaperone is something made up by Terri is that she leaves the identity of the alleged two girls as mysterious, too. She was quick to say she had a receipt for 9:15 from FM and exactly how far away it was and gave a lot of other specific alibi info. Why wouldn't she say that this mysterious man was also with, say, A and B or X and Y's daughters? If a mysterious man were seen with three children, one of whom is missing, you can bet there would be a huge effort to identify these other children and she would use them by name as confirmation about the man. And if she didn't know their names, why wouldn't she, this early on, express some worry about their safety?

yes, right. The way she worded it, it was as if someone told her that. If questioned by LE about it, she would have been unable to name the person who told her such important information.

MCC=red herring by TH.

Maybe that is the question that tripped her up in the poly. 'Who told you Kyron was seen with a male chaperon and two girls after you left?'

Yet LE did do a very long, exhasutive search for 8-9 days before "winding it up". So perhaps there was some doubt, at least initially, as to what happened to Kyron.

No doubt young children don't make the best witnesses, I'm not talking times though, I'm talking just finding out who their chaperone was, would be an easy enough way to account for the kids and adults. Even at that age you'll get "Susie and I were with Mr. Brown." KWIM?

This really deserves its own thread. For two months we've heard nothing, and now suddenly, mystery person in a white truck? It's clear where LE is taking this, IMHO...but why now, after all this time?

Why after all this time? Why now?

Because, IMHO, from the get-go there has never been an investigation into "what happened to little Kyron Horman."

There has only been an investigation into "what did TH do to Kyron and how do we prove it?" Fueled in large part by DY (a lot via TY, I'm convinced) and KH.

I found this from KATU very interesting:

"The Oregonian reported on Monday that investigators are trying to learn if another adult was sitting in the white pickup truck that Terri Horman drove to Skyline School on the day Kyron disappeared."

Note: *if.*

So I checked the Oregonian story and they use the term "may have."

So I'm not yet convinced that the alleged sighting of someone in that particular white truck has been verified.

It amazes me that if someone says something that might point away from her, it's discounted. "Oh, that kid's too young." But if something is said to support the contention "she did it" then the kid is old enough, or the witnesses are reliable, or whatever.

And I've had another thought about the cell phones. Remember that TY proceeded to talk to the entire parenting group about what to expect re: privacy? (As I've pointed out before, that was wrong of him to do. He knew that, too. One of the things that LE does is to gauge people's reactions to stuff like that--and TY didn't allow LE to get that reaction first hand. All they have is what he/the others said.)

Any way--what if any one else in that group got bat phones? We don't know if they did or didn't. If any one else in that parental group had something they didn't want widely known--say other friendships--for whatever reason, maybe there's more than one person who'se used a bat phone after Kyron's disappearance.

If any of the other parents got a bat phone, does that make them guilty? Does that make it OK for TH to have one?

There's so much we *don't* know about...so many things. Give me more than edited snippets from maybe 2 emails, and a "maybe" sighting of a person in the Horman truck that so far hasn't been confirmed, nor has the person been identified. After 9 weeks, tons of interviews and re-interviews of people at the school, fliers, etc. *now* there "may have been" someone else in that truck but darned if they really know or know who.

Not only am I still on that fence, but I'm darned well making sure that no one rips out sections where I'm sitting to add to the "burn the witch" pile. Dammitall, I want facts, not edited snippets and unconfirmed rumors.

After 9 weeks, LE, working with a small school, where people know each other, with so many interviews, still has not been able to come up with basic facts or enough evidence to even decide if there was someone in the truck, or to charge anyone with anything.

However, they were able to prove that TH wasn't going to fall for "threats" from LS trying to entrap her into chatting about a MFH plot.-

And oh yes, some folks bought some bat phones. And they're looking for 'em.

Why after all this time? Why now?

Because, IMHO, from the get-go there has never been an investigation into "what happened to little Kyron Horman."

respectfully snipped... I completely disagree... but that is okay.. we are allowed to do that here at websleuths:twocents:

respectfully snipped... I completely disagree... but that is okay.. we are allowed to do that here at websleuths:twocents:

And disagreeing is part of shaking the tree to see what falls out, and part of analyzing. :dance:

She does not state that she herself saw this man. She states that Kyron was seen with a male chaperon, and then follows up with the statement that there were no men signed on as chaperons for that day. But she herself does not say she had first hand knowledge of that information.

I'd like to sit LE down and ask was a male chaperon seen with Kyron at the school? YES or NO

If my child were in that school or we lived in that area, I would call LE and ask them was a male chaperon seen with Kyron at the school? Yes or No.

Dang it.

Let me rephrase that so LE can't say NO, while meaning Yes but.

Dear LE, was there a man seen with Kyron INSIDE THE SCHOOL on the day of Kyron's disappearance?????????

I'd like to sit LE down and ask was a male chaperon seen with Kyron at the school? YES or NO

If my child were in that school or we lived in that area, I would call LE and ask them was a male chaperon seen with Kyron at the school? Yes or No.

Dang it.

We could put together a questionnaire for LE!!! :angel: :dance: :woohoo:

It doesn't make any sense to me. In order for the class to group up with their assigned chaperon, they would have had to been in their class. I'm still not finding any statements by LE, MSM, or a school rep. that say FOR SURE that Kyron actually was in his classroom at the time of the grouping (presumably 8:45-9:00) other than TP's statement about the bathroom thing.

For the sake of argument, let's say that Kyron did go to the rest room at about the time the students were splitting up to go see the exhibits. He comes out of the bathroom, and they've left the classroom. Not knowing exactly who he is supposed to be with, he latches onto the first group he sees - or someone who says "come with us".

So it's chaotic and there's 300 people there, but she manages to remember the names of everyone on the chaperone list and remember that no one was male? Doesn't make sense to me.

Where are you getting that she memorized the chaperon list? I'm reading that part exactly as debs.

JMO....if you read the emails, they sound like a person who is trying to give an alibi in advance. She was throwing a whole bunch of stuff out (red herrings, IMO), just to see if something would stick. Kyron was acting strangely, maybe having seizures; man with two girls walking around -- mysterious stranger; had to tell the teachers about a doctors appt.; several comments about "chaos" and how nothing was being handled with any coordination.

Again, MOO, but she was hoping to cast reasonable doubt before she was even a suspect. And, sorry, but this is the kind of email I would have written if my child's backpack had gone missing at school. Not if my CHILD had gone missing.

For the sake of argument, let's say that Kyron did go to the rest room at about the time the students were splitting up to go see the exhibits. He comes out of the bathroom, and they've left the classroom. Not knowing exactly who he is supposed to be with, he latches onto the first group he sees - or someone who says "come with us".

But then the assumption has to be made that the man left the two girls and took Kyron. Why Kyron? And what perp is going to walk around with two girls (who could identify him and tell their story) and take only one of them.

So a perp goes INTO a school, walks around with hundreds of ppl seeing him, walks around with two witnesses, and then takes one kid, after being seen by two of the kids he left behind?? Doesn't make sense to me, unless this guy is bolder than I'd give a perp credit for.

JMO....if you read the emails, they sound like a person who is trying to give an alibi in advance. She was throwing a whole bunch of stuff out (red herrings, IMO), just to see if something would stick. Kyron was acting strangely, maybe having seizures; man with two girls walking around -- mysterious stranger; had to tell the teachers about a doctors appt.; several comments about "chaos" and how nothing was being handled with any coordination.

Again, MOO, but she was hoping to cast reasonable doubt before she was even a suspect. And, sorry, but this is the kind of email I would have written if my child's backpack had gone missing at school. Not if my CHILD had gone missing.

To me, I see it as her simply noting all the things LE had already asked her over and over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back