Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Wire154a, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

I'm also somewhat confused by the report from the lady who's car trunk was hit. In one story it says bullet hole, one story says shotgun hole, yet another story says "part of an ammunition round in the trunk". Those are not the same thing.

2. Marah

Marah Active Member

Have they said who called 911 and why? Were the kids crying? Why did they go to his tent to check?

3. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Those tents look tall enough for someone to stand, or at least stand with their head bent?

I'm curious if those first on the scene noticed if the tent was in darkness or if there was a camping light lit up.

4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

5. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Yea the articles are very confusing. This one if accurate explained her incident best to me. She thinks it was a shotgun and it sounds like she was actually sleeping/camping in her car and notice the time was around the same early morning hours as the tent killing and Mondays car shooting. The very early morning hours in 3 of the 4 incidents.

The article that mentions part of the round in the back of the car may have been shotgun "wadding" maybe. The plastic wad that holds the pellets from a shotgun shell which holds the BBs maybe is what they were referring to.

"Meliss Tatangelo was camping in her Honda when she heard a loud noise around 5 a.m in January 2017. She and another camper did not go outside, but she later found part of an ammunition round in the back of her car where she had been sleeping. She reported the incident to authorities, she noted on her Facebook page.

She wrote that she believes a shotgun was fired about 20 feet away and if the line of fire had been an inch higher, she would have been struck as she slept."

Malibu campground where father fatally shot is closed down as safety precaution

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    neesaki, TRB and Amonet like this.
  6. margarita25

Vantage point, higher ground...

7. margarita25

Do we know yet how many rounds were fired or any other ballistics info yet? Tia.

turanna25 and Amonet like this.
  8. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Ok. This story was published on Sunday the 24th, which in turn solidifies the Monday in question as the 18th. Thank you!!

9. margarita25

And the NOCO shootings, and the hikers targeted on the trails in Kansas, iirc...this has some notes of other cases for sure...

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I will have to find the link but it was a shotgun casing that was found in per vehicle

carbuff and Hatfield like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Yes or setup a whole bunch of trail game cameras. Those cameras are really good and will take a snapshot of anything moving in front of the camera.

12. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

TB was shot in the chest. How could a stray bullet shoot someone in the chest if that person was lying down? I'm "assuming" TB was lying down in the tent, which tells me that in order to be shot in the chest, the shooter would most likely be standing over him. Hum???? There were 2 holes reported in the tent, one was roughly on top, but LE didn't say if they were from a bullet. If TB was standing, or even sitting in his tent, then I can see a stray bullet hitting him. BUT, that is a pretty accurate shot for a stray bullet to hit.. This is a strange case indeed and VERY SAD :(

13. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Bumping up my post of all known shootings so far

14. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

From above him? Or he heard a noise and sat up. Jmo

15. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Does the landscape have such a point available with clear line-of-sight?

16. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

Only thing I can think of is he had to pee. Got up and went outside to pee then went back into his tent and someone shot him while he was still standing.

17. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Do they have night vision capability?

Hatfield and creepcrusher like this.
  18. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Yes. The Santa Monica mountains

19. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Have you actually seen "chest" stated? I remember seeing "torso" in of the articles.

The torso is going to be the largest target, so I would have thought it would be the most likely place to be hit unless in the case of a 'hit', where a head shot would be more of a certain kill but that seems unlikely to happen from outside the tent. (I use 'target' in its loosest possible sense of the 'area' to be hit by an incoming object/bullet).

20. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Imo. I'm going to guess someone blindly fired into the tent. It's a miracle the two little girls weren't shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.