Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Wire154a, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

It sure does LOL

No wonder we all are confused. The articles are contradicting in some cases.

IMO the thing I find most concerning is in 3 of the 4 incidents the shootings happened very early in the morning around the same time.

And in 3 out of 4 incidents I think the guy was trying to kill.
    The tent incident succeeded. And both the lady in the 2017 incident that was camping/sleeping in her car and the guy sleeping in the hammock think the guy shot at close range which tells me that he may have been trying to kill them too.

I feel sorry for people wanting to go camping in that area because I am sure many are too frightened now to go. I know I would not want to go anywhere near there until the guy is arrested whoever killed the guy in the tent and shot at the car on Monday.

2. 8countlife

8countlife Well-Known Member

Blindly firing into a tent and hitting a sleeping person in the chest seems like crazy odds.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

You are correct, it didn't say chest, I just assumed chest, which is part of the upper torso. I would think if he were shot in the head, it would say he was shot in the head, that is pretty specific. Some people can survive a gunshot wound in the upper torso depending on where the bullet entered.

"Deputies arrived to find Beaudette "had sustained at least one gunshot wound to his upper torso," according to LASD. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Winter said an autopsy is pending."

4. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea of the distance from the camp site?

If the bullet came from a mile away and from a higher vantage point, then TB could have been asleep and never knew a thing. It might have been 'bad luck' that he got hit rather than an empty area in the tent, and also fortunate that neither of the little ones were hit.

How many rifles/shotguns would come with a night vision sight as a standard or as a reasonable add-on option? Am I getting confused with another case, I thought someone said that it wasn't light at 4.45, but I'm at a more northerly latitude and the birds are waking up about 3.30am and by 5am it's fairly light?

I'm not seeing this as being a targeted shot (for TB specifically) at 4.45 or so in the morning.

MaryG12, margarita25 and carbuff like this.
  5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Close quarters. Almost guaranteed to hit someone .Especially if you fire into the head end of the tent .

janewall, neesaki, gitana1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Yes lots of models of game trail cameras have nightime picture taking capability.

"Game cameras can be used for many purposes such as for hunting, for home security, and for surveillance. On that note, some people use game cameras at night as well."

10 Best Game Trail Cameras At Night - Game Camera World

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

the mountains are right there .You can add a scope ,night vision, strobe light, whatever you want to anything except pocket handguns .

8. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

9. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I think it depends how you see it. A meteorite can hit a house without targeting anything. The shooter might have been using the tent as target practise, and then TB's body is taking up more of the floor area than the two little ones put together and so the odds of hitting him are greater than hitting the children, but it's also going to depend how the aim is taken, the trajectory of the shot, and the layout inside the tent. I presume the tent has a frame, so the trajectory of the bullet could even be affected by touching the frame of the tent.

People have been shot by hunters who were over a mile away from them, and I don't think they were the target, so the odds against them being hit would probably have been worse than if they were in a tent that was being targeted?

beth272, janewall, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  10. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

That would be even stranger - would mean someone intentionally put it there.

SuziQ and Amonet like this.
  11. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

I thought it might have been connected to the murder of Blaze Bernstein, but that seems to have been a hate crime. I suppose it still could be connected, but I'm not thinking that at this time. Other than that, it sounds like a completely random killing.

Hatfield and Amonet like this.
  12. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

13. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

This case can play out in many ways but the 2 daughters had to face a stranger or non stranger that night....so sad!

14. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

I thought that too, or that he heard a noise and got up to check.

15. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

It is very hard to understand why the victim's tent was the only one with bullet holes if someone decided to just to do a random shooting. How precise that ONLY one tent was hit with bullets. It just doesn't add up....jmo

16. UltraViolet4545

UltraViolet4545 Well-Known Member

The Melissa lady who said she found a “piece” of a bullet in her car (I don’t remember her exact wording)... bullets get “squished” and can break when they hit something. A bullet that went through the side of a metal car would probably look pretty mangled and not like most people’s image of what a “bullet” looks like. IMO, the thing she found was probably a squished up bullet.

Also, the guy who got hit by bird shot very likely had to be hit at close range. Bird shot is a bunch of tiny balls that “spread apart” (similar to a big net) as they fly through the air. If it had been fired from far away, he should have had bb’s all over his body/arm/chest/head. It sounded like they were only in his arm... meaning he was shot so close, the bb’s didn’t have enough space to spread out before hitting him.

Tbone144, TRB, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  17. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I've been wondering that as I've been reading through the thread.

In my own head, I haven't ruled out a negligent accident--a poacher not being careful about what was behind his shot, or something along those lines.

18. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I don't think we have enough official information to rule anything out. I think it's more about conjecturing as many scenarios as possible and then attacking each scenario to rule it out? There were a couple of articles quoted so far with possible information (that could turn out to be incorrect) but until it comes straight from LE I think even these few things need to be considered as possibilities rather than certainties?

Hatfield, carbuff and Oregonmama like this.
  19. snapdragon

snapdragon Active Member

"Beaudette’s brother, 37-year-old Dylan Beaudette, told Radar Online Monday that a second bullet tore through the top of Tristan’s tent, suggesting that the shooting may have been random in nature, and that the shooter was firing horizontally."

“It could’ve been someone firing from a nearby road,” Dylan told Radar Online. “We don’t know. But the only thing we do know, I think I know, it was the action of an irresponsible person who didn’t take time to think about what they were doing.”

Investigators Stumped In Scientist's Mysterious Killing At Calabasas Campground

20. Christineisfab

Christineisfab Well-Known Member

You can see from a satellite view that there's a big group of trees across the way as well (I drew an x where I perceive their tents to have been) upload_2018-6-26_16-32-24.png

I don't know what it looks like from the ground but if you want to shoot at something this seems as good a place as any.

Amonet, Hatfield, margarita25 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.