CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Beaudette’s brother, 37-year-old Dylan Beaudette, told Radar Online Monday that a second bullet tore through the top of Tristan’s tent, suggesting that the shooting may have been random in nature, and that the shooter was firing horizontally."

“It could’ve been someone firing from a nearby road,” Dylan told Radar Online. “We don’t know. But the only thing we do know, I think I know, it was the action of an irresponsible person who didn’t take time to think about what they were doing.”

Investigators Stumped In Scientist's Mysterious Killing At Calabasas Campground
random or planned???? That's the million dollar question......

You can see from a satellite view that there's a big group of trees across the way as well (I drew an x where I perceive their tents to have been)View attachment 136886

I don't know what it looks like from the ground but if you want to shoot at something this seems as good a place as any.
Still what a slim chance that one person's tent was chosen. Just like the odds about getting hit with lightening.....

Still what a slim chance that one person's tent was chosen. Just like the odds about getting hit with lightening.....

Totally agree. Unless, of course, the tent was a target.

Also want to add obviously there are trees surrounding the campsite, but it seems relatively easy to come from the highway through this wooded area and avoid all of the locked gates...

This article mentions something that I had seen before and was confused about: "Beaudette was discovered at a campsite after authorities got a report of gunfire around 4:45 a.m. Friday, the sheriff's department said." Is this just policespeak, or was there no 911 call specifically about Tristan? The articles make it seem like a third party called when hearing (a) gunshot(s?) rather than someone close by who would have called in Tristan's injury. Which is weird to me.

This is far out there -
At that time of morning is when the mountain lions are out. Maybe a poacher was after one and now won't admit to the accident?
Would also be a good excuse for having a gun in the campground with small children.

Bumping this up
Police said they were called to the campground following a 911 report of shots being fired at about 4.45am

Daily Mail
Pharmaceutical executive and Berkeley grad father is shot and killed on a camping trip when a bullet hit him while he was in a tent with his daughters, aged 2 and 4
  • Tristan Beaudette, 35, died on Friday when he was shot at a campsite in Malibu Creek State Park in Calabasas, California
  • Police found him bleeding in his tent but he was pronounced dead at the scene
  • The pharmaceutical executive had taken his two daughters, aged two and four, away so his wife could study for an exam
  • Police said they were called to the campground following a 911 report of shots being fired at about 4.45am
  • His daughters were not injured in the shooting
  • Police are treating his death as a homicide but so far have no motive or suspect

"Malibu Creek State Park covers some 8,000 acres in the Santa Monica Mountains about 30 miles west of Los Angeles. Officials say the park's 63 campsites were nearly full. Investigators were seen focusing on two campsites in particular – 49 and 51 – near the north end of the camping area. Sheriffs confirm there was another shooting in the area around the same time Monday morning when a man's car was hit with a gunshot."

Second shooting at California state park where dad was killed while camping with daughters

Credible evidence is coming forth from the public … about other shootings in Malibu Canyon.

A Malibu man says his car was shot … and the front of it by a bullet … as he drove through the canyon last Monday morning.

And a Simi Valley woman says she was camping in the park … sleeping in the back cargo deck of her car on a rainy January night.

"Meliss Tatangelo says they were awakened by a large thump …. but went back to sleep.

Later that morning … they discovered a bullet hole in the back door … and a large bullet rolling around inside the cargo area.

It had been fired at close range into the car with two people in it. "

KBUU Monday Newswire - The Latest on Several Shootings In Malibu Cyn

"Another man has told a T V station that he was shot at in Malibu Canyon in 2016.

And … as we’ve reported … a man’s dead body was found across the road from the Maliibu Creek campground 6 weeks ago.

Sheriffs deputies tell KBUU News on background … that that man was shot and killed somewhere else and dumped there."

KBUU Monday Newswire - The Latest on Several Shootings In Malibu Cyn

"The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday it is reviewing three unsolved shootings in the area of Malibu Creek State Park following the fatal shooting of a father inside his tent while camping with his young daughters."

Snip

"Nicole Nishida, a sheriff’s department spokeswoman, said the three other shootings “occurred nearby within the sheriff’s jurisdiction.” Nishida said the shootings happened June 6, 2017; July 22, 2017; and June 6, 2018."

3 unsolved shootings in Malibu Creek State Park area reported in year before father was killed in campground

"“Detectives will also be working with officials from the California State Parks Department to compare any similar shooting incidents, which have occurred within Malibu Creek State Park, which is with the jurisdiction of the State Parks Department,” Nishida said.

Nishida said she could not say how many shooting reports have been made in the area as some could have been handled by state rangers inside the park’s boundaries.

A state parks spokeswoman on Monday said the department could not provide any numbers on prior shootings and it had turned over whatever information the agency had to homicide detectives."

3 unsolved shootings in Malibu Creek State Park area reported in year before father was killed in campground

Police reported the firearm used to kill Tristan Beaudette has NOT been found. Also, that the killing is being investigated as a homicide at this point. Will be interesting to read the autopsy report when that becomes available. Also, Malibu Creek is closed until further notice. Police are still reporting that the shot appears to be done from INSIDE the tent.

Also, Allergan has a medical device office in SF Bay Area- Pleasanton.

Hi, guys. Don't you think if it was a random shooter, and he killed the man by accident, or a random shot that hit him, the shooter would have the nerve to go back again and be shooting, yet once again, and so soon? He has to know they are totally checking out the campground. I hope that question made sense, I had a hard time framing it correctly. Thanks, everyone. Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam